(Topic ID: 150740)

Finally got my first pin, Stargate! Need a little help!

By mystman12

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Hougie
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screenshot_2016-02-06-06-26-15_(resized).png
fpuller_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_6514_(resized).JPG
IMG_6515_(resized).JPG
IMG_6511_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that playfield has been restored. Gate area looks great. But the bomb is worn, which has me confused. the center gate has been airbrushed and fixed. Don't know how the bomb would wear if it has been clearcoated.

Looks like it has full l mylar like most have

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Okay, so the optos on the ramp are little bit over sensitive, but they're *much* better than before (It only occasionally triggers when the ball touches the ramp entance), so I guess that's pretty good until I get my hands on a soldering iron so I can reheat it.
As for the plastic, should I just leave the mis-aligned screw out? That plastic is not gonna budge the way it's crammed in there anyways and I'd rather not try to force it and end up cracking the plastic. I'm assuming something else is slightly out of place, but I don't know what...
Anyways, next I'm going to try adjusting the right flipper to a better position, and I want to level the playfield, but...
IMG_6514_(resized).JPGIMG_6511_(resized).JPGIMG_6515_(resized).JPG
These legs are pretty rusted, and I'm not sure if they'll budge *and*... I, actually don't know, *how* I'm supposed to adjust these... How do I do that, and is there any hope for cleaning these legs or should I just get a new set?

I wld get some new leg levelers at least but also new legs wldnt hurt lol.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Okay, so the optos on the ramp are little bit over sensitive, but they're *much* better than before (It only occasionally triggers when the ball touches the ramp entance), so I guess that's pretty good until I get my hands on a soldering iron so I can reheat it.
As for the plastic, should I just leave the mis-aligned screw out? That plastic is not gonna budge the way it's crammed in there anyways and I'd rather not try to force it and end up cracking the plastic. I'm assuming something else is slightly out of place, but I don't know what...
Anyways, next I'm going to try adjusting the right flipper to a better position, and I want to level the playfield, but...
IMG_6514_(resized).JPGIMG_6511_(resized).JPGIMG_6515_(resized).JPG
These legs are pretty rusted, and I'm not sure if they'll budge *and*... I, actually don't know, *how* I'm supposed to adjust these... How do I do that, and is there any hope for cleaning these legs or should I just get a new set?

Also if you care about you carpet put something under them for now so the rust dont mark it up.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Thanks for the advice guys!
So the flippers, again, I don't really know what I'm doing, especially without pictures. I read the linked to thread above, but I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to loosen. I tried turning these two black knobs...
IMG_6518_(resized).JPG
...but they're *really* tight, which, I guess would be the point, but I'm afraid I'm going to break something/remove the wrong thing. Are those what I need to loosen to adjust the flipper? Again, thanks!

Correct

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-got-my-first-pin-stargate?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.