View topic image gallery

IMG_3802.jpg
IMG_3806.jpg
IMG_3805.jpg
IMG_3809.jpg
IMG_3804.jpg
rollercoastertycoon.jpg
image.jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Thanks again guys! I'll go test the sensor on the drop target. And yes, I have all the keys for everything, as well as all of the original manuals (and French supplement?!?!?) It's totally complete. Which is a little redundant

I'll dig back into it tomorrow after I get some sleep and see what I can work out. It's a fun machine - but it's going to be hard to drop $3-$5k on another and feel like I got 10x the enjoyment... but I do see where the addiction comes in on this!!!

Have a good night (morning)

#52 8 years ago

Congrats on the great buy. I'd have jumped at it too if I saw one for $400. I'm pretty new to this as well but I do live in the DFW area and stayed at a holiday inn last night.

#53 8 years ago

Assuming your aunt didnt change the batteries, it is pretty important to get them outta there and examine the board for any corrosion/damage/leakage. If its clean, you are in luck! Probably a good idea to pull the board on the upper right and look at the back for damage too.

You can either put fresh batteries in every year or two, or get an nvram chip like from www.lockwhenlit.com to replace the system ram and then hou dont need batteries.

#54 8 years ago

Found this link that may help you out with info about the game

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/rollercoastertycoon/index3.html

#55 8 years ago

Here's a few shots of my boards and the backup battery. Everything looks pretty good from what I can tell? I just have a couple gremlins on the playfield to figure out, and some switches to test. It's a blast to play though!

IMG_3804.jpgIMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3809.jpgIMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3805.jpgIMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3806.jpgIMG_3806.jpg

IMG_3802.jpgIMG_3802.jpg

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Sounds like the receiver is bad if you see that the transmitter is working. You can go into the switch test and try breaking the beam with your finger. It should normally show "CLOSED" (full square) and then when you break the beam it will show "OPEN" (pixel). Optos are reverse of normal switches.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=295

Thanks Frax... turns out the Opto was bad. I replaced it and it's working as expected now, but the other switches on that column (all towards the back of the unit, on the same wire) are not registering. I've heard it could be a transistor on the board that's common to them - trying to figure out if that's something I can test with a multi-meter.

Always something I guess!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-got-my-first-home-pinball-machine-and-i-think-it-was-a-deal/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.