• 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gern
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140309_122642.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I posted a buy ad on craigslist for a BttF and it paid off! I finally have one.

The only issue with the machine is that the display doesn't work. The previous owner had it for 7 years and said the last time he played it was a year ago and the display worked then. He just had new carpet installed in the basement and the installers moved the machine. He thought maybe something shook loose. The seller only had this machine and didn't kn ow anything about fixing pinball machines. In fact he never had the back glass off.

I've checked the ribbon to the display as I have a Lethal Weapon 3 that uses the same one. That didn't make a difference. There was a blown fuse in F3 on the Power Supply Board. I'm still digging into the machine but was hoping someone had some advice.

Also if anyone has some great mods, please let me know. This machine is never leaving my house!

#2 10 years ago

I think I've narrowed the problem down. Upon further inspection I've got a fried diode and resistor on the Power Supply Board. D7 and D8. I'm going to have a look in the schematics after lunch and see if those two are tied in to the display. I would guess so, being that is the only thing that doesn't work.

The next question would be, what would cause that? Could moving the machine too roughly do that? The adhesive for the top display is gone. So that display was being held up by the pins going to board. I've got it held up by tape right now, but could that have cause it?

Here is a pic of the damage.

20140309_122642.jpg20140309_122642.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Got my diodes ordered from Marco's. Here's hoping to having it going this week!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-got-a-bttf-but-the-display-doesnt-work?tu=gern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.