Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DGMartin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201114_204956 (resized).jpg
    20201114_205007 (resized).jpg
    20201114_205002 (resized).jpg
    20201114_204952 (resized).jpg
    20201114_204856 (resized).jpg
    20201114_204850 (resized).jpg
    Phoenix5 (resized).png
    Phoenix4 (resized).png
    Phoenix3 (resized).png
    Phoenix2 (resized).png
    Phoenix1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DGMartin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Made a deal for a Williams Phoenix that's been in storage for a while. Going to pick it up tomorrow, so should be a good time. Wanna watch a first time buyer bugger up a pin? Let me know.

#4 3 years ago

Oh yeah, I've got a full basement and a garage. Just ordered my soldering station from Amazon too.

#5 3 years ago

Quick question for you guys. Does the system 4 Williams do fine with LED lights or will they flicker? I know you need the upgraded board from altek for bally and stern.

#6 3 years ago

Some pictures.

Phoenix1 (resized).pngPhoenix1 (resized).pngPhoenix2 (resized).pngPhoenix2 (resized).pngPhoenix3 (resized).pngPhoenix3 (resized).pngPhoenix4 (resized).pngPhoenix4 (resized).pngPhoenix5 (resized).pngPhoenix5 (resized).png
    #11 3 years ago

Ordered my new soldering station with solder sucker from Amazon last night, along with a nice spool of good solder and a fiberglass pen. Expecting to get some use out of it with this project.

#15 3 years ago

Well, I got it home. Backglass looks like a kindergarten class had at it with paint, but it's passable. Corrosion is very minimal from the battery leakage. Just a spot the size of a quarter underneath the far left battery into the area that isn't used. I should be able to clean it up and not have to replace anything. Biggest issue is that the three grey wires coming out of the transformer got hot at some point and melted the wire casing pretty good. Two wires were stuck together. Those wires were taped to three wires going down into the cabinet, and I traced them to being power wires from the transformer to the sound board. Not sure what happened there, but the sound board looks okay and the wires and plug aren't melted. Anyone know what voltage those are? Could someone point me to a wiring diagram for those transformers? The playfield is actually pretty decent except for the ball swirls ground in and is really noticeable in the yellow areas. Right side flipper switch contacts are all bent to hell. Back of the cabinet under the head took a nice hit at some point, so now it's sporting a divot. Right side flipper coil looks kinda burnt and the coil sleeve has tons of slop in it. Paint on cabinet is actually hardly faded at all compared to the paint under the legs. Displays look decent as I don't see any burning. Of course all the capacitors are original, so I'll be doing some soldering, but that's part of the fun. All in all I'd say it was 500 bucks well spent.

#16 3 years ago

Finally got it up and running. No GI yet and the right flipper needs a rebuild since the coil is pooched, but it's alive!!!

1 week later
    #17 3 years ago

Well, it's all up and running and everything is working. Put new flipper buttons and switches, coil sleeves and flipper bushings. Just waiting on more parts and a big thanks to Pinball Medics in Ottawa for having the parts. Put LED's in the playfield and a few in the back box. Installed a credit switch under the start button too.

20201114_204850 (resized).jpg20201114_204850 (resized).jpg20201114_204856 (resized).jpg20201114_204856 (resized).jpg20201114_204952 (resized).jpg20201114_204952 (resized).jpg20201114_204956 (resized).jpg20201114_204956 (resized).jpg20201114_205002 (resized).jpg20201114_205002 (resized).jpg20201114_205007 (resized).jpg20201114_205007 (resized).jpg
    #19 3 years ago

It plays pretty fast actually. I just need to find some clear in a can and not a spray can so I can pool it in the inserts that are cupped. I already hit over 900k for a high score.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DGMartin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-getting-my-first-pin?tu=DGMartin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.