(Topic ID: 187412)

Finally found a super nice jungle lord Backglass. Wtf no remake?

By mikep28

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by winslow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9908 (resized).JPG
IMG_9907 (resized).JPG
IMG_9906 (resized).JPG
IMG_9905 (resized).JPG
IMG_9903 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Finally found a super nice jungle lord backglass for a project pin I bought 7 or 8 years ago at expo. Wtf isn't somebody remaking these! They are impossible to find nice.

IMG_9903 (resized).JPGIMG_9903 (resized).JPG

IMG_9905 (resized).JPGIMG_9905 (resized).JPG

IMG_9906 (resized).JPGIMG_9906 (resized).JPG

IMG_9907 (resized).JPGIMG_9907 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from mikep28:

Wtf isn't somebody remaking these!

Because the only guy looking for one, found one ?

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

IMG_9908 (resized).JPGIMG_9908 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

Bullshit. Do a search. I did. Not available anywhere. Williams fucked this one up.

#5 6 years ago

Quality must have been horrible. On the 2 tier system 7 games (the awesome 4 some they called it) ALL of them are always trashed. Why the hell do solar fire? It's a good game but way more jungle lords were produced.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from mikep28:

Williams fucked this one up.

No, they did the same as every pin. 13% over run of game specific parts, and when they are gone, they are gone.

#7 6 years ago

I also knew someone who was looking for one for years and never found one. This is a highly underrated game, it is a lot of fun.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from maglar:

This is a highly underrated game, it is a lot of fun.

It is a great game. I liked the early red version better.

#9 6 years ago

A remake would sell. Wonder if PP do them. They did underrated blackout.

#10 6 years ago

I also agree that it is a great game and highly underrated. However, I would assume that two key factors preventing the availability of a reproduction backglass are:

(1) The backglass would be expensive to reproduce especially given that it is has some mirroring

(2) The game has always sold at relatively low prices, so the reproduction backglass would represent a high % of the total game cost

Having said that, though, I'm also one who believes that there would be plenty of folks willing to pay that high % of game cost for a replacement backglass, regardless of what the economics say.

#11 6 years ago

Then why run blackout? See those games in average to better than for $700-800. I bought a reproduction for mine. I like most of us want game nice and we all spend way more than game is worth. I used to think why put $250 + boards + rubber etc etc on a $500-700 game? Well I then decided I'm not buying a game as an investment I'm buying it to collect and play. Once I grasped that reality I stopped worrying about price of parts. Case in point the basket case Star Trek I bought that I now have close to $2,000 in. Ha ha

#12 6 years ago

Wow, I never noticed there's like a city in the background of that glass, I thought they were cavemen/women - there's the real WTF.

#13 6 years ago

I would buy a quality reproduction in a minute.

#14 6 years ago

Looks like BGResto has done it, without the mirroring.
http://bgresto.com/?p=959

My original is OKish. The game is not worth the cost of replacing the backglass.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Wow, I never noticed there's like a city in the background of that glass, I thought they were cavemen/women - there's the real WTF.

https://www.amazon.com/Tarzan-City-Gold-Edgar-Burroughs/dp/1440462607

#16 6 years ago

PPS has a forum where you can request parts, and they have multiple partners they work with for reproductions, including someone who does backglasses besides CPR. I requested Alien Poker BG and they ran them based on original screens, including mirroring. Talk about an under rated game!

It might be worth inquiring to Rick if the Jungle Lord bg screens have been found. The more vocal support there is, the more likely it will happen.

#17 6 years ago

Nice find OP! I'm on my third glass, the least-worst I've found so far.

Lack of good backglasses keeps the price of this pin way down. Nobody is motivated to do a restoration, when they only have a seriously flaked backglass to put back on the pin. There should be a good market for a quality repro glass.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

PPS has a forum where you can request parts, and they have multiple partners they work with for reproductions, including someone who does backglasses besides CPR. I requested Alien Poker BG and they ran them based on original screens, including mirroring. Talk about an under rated game!
It might be worth inquiring to Rick if the Jungle Lord bg screens have been found. The more vocal support there is, the more likely it will happen.

I saw the Alien Poker glass in Texas And it's one of the nicest reproduction glasses ever done

#19 6 years ago

I have a Jungle Lord with a seriously flaking backglass. I'd love to find a nicer replacement.

#20 6 years ago

This is like the 10th thread on JL bg's. Yes BGResto makes these.

They don't do mirroring on them, but they are much better than the flaking ones most people have.

The search button is your friend.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

They don't do mirroring on them, but they are much better than the flaking ones most people have.

Don't want one of those. I want one to match the quality of the Alien Poker glass.

#22 6 years ago

Yea but the thread title is why no remakes which there clearly are.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Hmmmm saw that before like 3 years ago. Don't see a place to order one? Just exactly how does one order a repro glass from them? Or is a mail in your glass and we fix it? Cost?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from mikep28:

Hmmmm saw that before like 3 years ago. Don't see a place to order one? Just exactly how does one order a repro glass from them? Or is a mail in your glass and we fix it? Cost?

Use the "Contact Us" on his website to email him.
He'll give you a price, but guessing $250 ish.
Brand new glass, shipped to you.
Be aware that he is sometimes slow to respond, and to ship, since it's a second job for him and he travels a lot. Do not order from him if you are impatient or in a hurry. You will get your glass if you order, but it may take quite a while.

3 weeks later
#25 6 years ago

What are the dimensions of that? I have to make a translite quick to replace the one I broke

1 year later
#26 5 years ago

I am looking for one now as well.

#27 5 years ago

Sign me up for one. My Jungle Lord is a keeper and I’m willing to spend the money on a new glass. I’m sure there is a market for at least 100 of these things. Is that not enough to justify the process?

#28 5 years ago

My god that game has an ugly backglass.

I can understand why nobody wants to redo it.

How Connie Mitchell kept his job year after year at Williams is a total mystery to me.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My god that game has an ugly backglass.
I can understand why nobody wants to redo it.
How Connie Mitchell kept his job year after year at Williams is a total mystery to me.

Sure it’s ugly, but at least it’s not as bad as Flash. What’s going on in that art? What’s the story line there? There’s water and some women and what looks like a young Rod Stuart? I’m confused...

2 months later
#30 4 years ago

This game follows well in the Williams era and theme of very fun games with ugly backglasses. I really wish I was a graphic designer. I would absolutely re-do the backglass and create an alternative. And to really make the game look better, a hard top to match my new re-designed BG. Anything but this sketchy Tarzan/Jane afraid in the metro-Jungle look. I agree with CrazyLevi - how did Mitchell keep his job? Anyway, looks like I'm still on the hunt after owning this game for 12 years. I'm tired of looking at a Firepower BG in its place. Still, I would LOVE to buy someone's re-design, even on translite, over the original.

10 months later
#31 4 years ago

Joe exotic glass perhaps? This is also a keeper for me and would like a new art glass buying the original is a dumb idea ... I was just thinking about putting another game glass into it

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

Joe exotic glass perhaps? This is also a keeper for me and would like a new art glass buying the original is a dumb idea ... I was just thinking about putting another game glass into it

I have an original in 9.9 condition if Interested

#33 4 years ago

You should TT that glass before it begins to flake. I can see it starting to already along the bottom edge. Do it now before it begins. Do the entire glass use a couple cans!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-found-a-super-nice-jungle-lord-backglass-wtf-no-remake?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.