(Topic ID: 7459)

Finally added my second pin and loving it.

By The_Dude_Abides

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nr_gorillatron02.jpg
    nr_gorillatron02.jpg
    nr_gorillatron03-90x90.jpg
    Congo_7.jpg
    Congo_6.jpg
    IMG_0972.JPG
    images-1.jpeg
    Congo_3.jpg
    Congo_2.jpg
    Congo_1.jpg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Can I get a "tag-in" to help out?

How about this NP it is called the gorilla tron??

nr_gorillatron03-90x90.jpgnr_gorillatron03-90x90.jpg nr_gorillatron02.jpgnr_gorillatron02.jpg

#52 12 years ago

You beat him to it Dude

#53 12 years ago

That is one sweet Congo! I was pleasantly surprised at how good this pin is when I played it too.

#54 12 years ago

Well good for you! It's a great pin!

#55 12 years ago

May I ask how much you paid for it?

#56 12 years ago

oops...just saw the other thread...low 2's?

#57 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

oops...just saw the other thread...low 2's?

Yea, I was pretty happy to get it at that price. Like the new avatar spfxted makes me crack up!

#58 12 years ago

Don't laugh. When I first found this site, I saw the movie Avatar about 10 times. When they asked for an Avatar, I thought we had to make a picture of ourselves from the movie! And I DID IT! Duh!!

#59 12 years ago

Looks like I missed out on the Congo that was for sale... I called the seller at about 5pm yesterday, only to be told that he'd reserved it for a guy 4 hours previously... had I called him in the morning he'd have reserved it for me, but I was too busy looking on Pinside! With a LOT of luck, the guy will decide not to buy the machine on Friday, but at $1500, he'd be stupid not to... looks like a very tidy example too, no cab fade and 100% working, good DMD etc...

Ah well, another will come my way no doubt!

#60 12 years ago

Ohh man sorry to hear that pinballslave! That's okay keep your head up these things tend to work out that way for a reason.

Do you really have 55 pins? Do you put them on location? Either way I am jealous you get to experience so many pins!

#61 12 years ago

Congo is one pin I've never seen in person. Yours looks new, congrats!

#62 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I really enjoy the jungle theme actually. Hate to see people get caught up in the I hate the movie stuff. The movie sucked but the pin was designed great. Actually it is good the movie sucked it kept the price on the pin down just like JM I guess.

Such a good point! I will have to be more open minded when it comes to theme, still though, don't know if i can handle Mel Gibsons face on a LW3 or maverick staring at me while I play.

#63 12 years ago

Do you really have 55 pins? Do you put them on location? Either way I am jealous you get to experience so many pins!

Well, that doesn't include the EMs Experience is not the word though... I only have one set up to play at any one time... (Tron at the moment)... the rest are in storage... I really need to get a games room built here so I can experience them properly!! But with a 2 and 5 year old to raise, free time is very rare!!

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

still though, don't know if i can handle Mel Gibsons face on a LW3 or Maverick staring at me while I play.

Hahaa, say that to Mel's face and he'll likely say he will feed you to his roses...

Quoted from pinballslave:

Well, that doesn't include the EMs [] Experience is not the word though... I only have one set up to play at any one time... (Tron at the moment)... the rest are in storage... I really need to get a games room built here so I can experience them properly!! But with a 2 and 5 year old to raise, free time is very rare!!

Well at least you got them just waiting to be played you lucky dog!! I hear you, it might be a while with two little ones before you get the time to build a game room but something to dream about you know.

#65 12 years ago

something to dream about you know.

That dream keeps my passion alive!! I just hope no-one decides arson is the way forward with the storage complex I'm using in the meantime

Swapped Tron for Strange Science last night by the way... looks like an interesting game to be honest... looking forward to 'discovering' it... that Atom Crusher thing looks weird, it's hard to even figure out what's going on there... will have to play it tonight to find out! (was too late last night by the time I let the thing thaw out after bring it in from the cold).

#66 12 years ago

Man what a beautiful,colorful example of Congo,Cool machine,Love the cabinet artwork.

#67 12 years ago

That looks like an awesome Congo TDA! I have been wanting to play one but haven't run across one yet. Enjoy!!

#68 12 years ago

I can't believe it, but the guy who was supposed to be going to look at the Congo that was for sale at 1000euro ($1500) didn't turn up, so I've now got a shot at it!! I've got someone to go round there ASAP and take it away... (it's a 500mile journey for me, so a friend's helping out 'till I'm in the area)... so if all goes to plan, it's as good as mine!! I was sure I'd lost that one and can't believe it's still there!!

How's your enjoyment of the game panning out after a weeks playing TDA?

#69 12 years ago

How's your enjoyment of the game panning out after a weeks playing TDA?

That is great to hear hope it works out for you pinballslve. Well after a week I really love it. Had some friends come over to play the other weekend and they all loved it as well. Looks like I found one that will be around for a while. Did your friend end up picking it up for you or is it still in the works?

#70 12 years ago

Did your friend end up picking it up for you or is it still in the works?

The deal is done dude, it's at my friends waitng for me to pick it up!!

Glad you're enjoying yours!! I'm so much looking forward to getting mine set up... it will bump the Strange Science when I eventually get it home!

Even though I had to pay almost twice as much as the one I sold, I'm still very happy to get it... Panic sales are never a good idea!

#71 12 years ago

The deal is done dude, it's at my friends waitng for me to pick it up!!

Sweet!!!! Glad it worked out pinballslave. Hope you can get that bad boy home soon so you can get to flippin on it!

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-added-my-a-second-pin-and-loving-it/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.