Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-795.jpg
TWD-Speech-Poll.PNG
111264iC6F18CED693BF21B.jpg
attachment.jpg
image-226.jpg
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

So true in Met every single thing is a potential shot for things to do. Until they brought the band mode it was already a full house now you have 4 more shots.
Love that game

I won't say the obvious thing everyone else says. So I'll say this, it's going to take one hell of a trade or offer to sell my METLE.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Sheesh. The show takes place in rural Georgia. Southern accent should not be a surprise. Also, last I checked, not everyone with a southern accent is a redneck. I suppose the same could be said for all bigoted statements.

Totally agree. The southern accent is 100% appropriate in this game. Some red neck jokes with the zombies are as well. Perfect really.

#53 9 years ago

I agree, thats why met pro is number one on my list to have. Cause of all the shots.

Met does not only have alot of different shots, all those shots are very satisfying too. Not one shot makes me think, if that was slightly changed, it would be better. Not 1.

On twd i cant find one satisfying shot.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I agree, thats why met pro is number one on my list to have. Cause of all the shots.
Met does not only have alot of different shots, all those shots are very satisfying too. Not one shot makes me think, if that was slightly changed, it would be better. Not 1.

Did you play it at the expo? Or are you just guessing from pictures?

#55 9 years ago

I am a bit confused by the shots discussion (I might have read too fast or missed ze point).

But are we really at the point where we expect a bunch of shots in a game to do nothing? I though basically every shot in every game was supposed to do something? That would be an interesting thread... name shots in pinball that literally do NOTHING (I am sure there are some...).

#56 9 years ago

Looks awesome might order one ?

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Did you play it at the expo? Or are you just guessing from pictures?

Name one shot you like on twd.

#58 9 years ago

I can't. I haven't played it. I learned my lesson from Star Trek not to judge a game before I play it

#59 9 years ago

How can he do that when he hasn't played it?

#60 9 years ago

After reading your relentless posts about how much you dislike TWD, I think it's ironic that you're complaining about too many bash toys and not enough variety on this pin.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

But are we really at the point where we expect a bunch of shots in a game to do nothing?

If you expect that on a game that Lyman is programming I hope you like being disappointed.

#62 9 years ago

I can't. I haven't played it. I learned my lesson from Star Trek not to judge a game before I play it

so because you made a mistake by buying the wrong pin unplayed. Nobody else can give his opinion on any pin looking at videos? I see numerous topics about videos. Now, finaly we get to see them, we cant comment on it? What is this? North korea? Only positive critics are allowed even when you are not liking what you see? It is more then 5 thousand euros. Can i please get some permission to give my opinion? Or not?

Met was promising when i first saw it, this one aint.

Far from it. And i am not the only one who thinks like that.

And what about you when you first saw met? You were not excited about the in lane drops? The snake? Sparky?

I geuss not, cause you need to play it first to understand 3 drops in a row for another big bashcross would be fun.

Zzzzz.

Have fun shooting at a prison in a zombie game.

#63 9 years ago

We will Thanks!

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Isn't the pro shipping in another week or two?
I bought ST Pro 2 weeks ago and have saved up for yet another NIB game. I'm not sure it will be TWD, but I'm running out of choices for NIB. It will either be IM or TWD I suppose and I'm not interested in Mustang at all.
I should get a bonus from Stern if I buy 4 NIB in 6 months...
Rob

IM is (to me), one of the best pins of all time.

TWD looks good, but has some question marks, such as maybe too much time in the pops, maybe too many bash toys, maybe the ramps are too long meaning less rapid return or harder to make the ramps. IM has good movie call outs that are actually great as well as good voice actors. IM code is complete. IM is not in production so they are selling the stock, while TWD will be in production for a while if the game is any good.

#65 9 years ago

Left loop
Left ramp
Inner loop
Prison
Standup targets
Zombie in Prison
Right loop
Well Walker
Right Ramp
Woodbury shot into shootlane
Shooter lane skill shot
3 drop targets

I like them all!

#66 9 years ago

Left loop?
left inner loop?

#67 9 years ago

so because you made a mistake by buying the wrong pin unplayed. Nobody else can give his opinion on any pin looking at videos?

He's about to make the same mistake again....

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Left loop
Left ramp
Inner loop
Prison
Standup targets
Zombie in Prison
Right loop
Well Walker
Right Ramp
Woodbury shot into shootlane
Shooter lane skill shot
3 drop targets
I like them all!

Zombie in prison...surely you jest.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The same can be said for Metallica, one of the greatest games ever made.

Metallica doesnt have 3 shots that feed the pops no matter what. And even when the ball is in the pops in Metallica it isnt there long. TWD looks interesting but the fact that soooo many shots feed the pops and when the ball is there it looks to just hang there a tad too long is a lil disappointing. I hope i'm wrong but that and the lack of some nice custom voice work is a bit of a let down.

#70 9 years ago

New pin out dated already.

#71 9 years ago

so because you made a mistake by buying the wrong pin unplayed. Nobody else can give his opinion on any pin looking at videos? I see numerous topics about videos. Now, finaly we get to see them, we cant comment on it? What is this? North korea? Only positive critics are allowed even when you are not liking what you see? It is more then 5 thousand euros. Can i please get some permission to give my opinion? Or not?
And what about you when you first saw met? You were not excited about the in lane drops? The snake? Sparky?
I geuss not, cause you need to play it first to understand 3 drops in a row for another big bashcross would be fun.
Zzzzz.

Lol, it wasn't that I bought the wrong pin or any nonsense like that, I actually kinda liked Star Trek, not the best but not the worst either. What I'm talking about with Star Trek is I spouted off at the mouth about it and how it played and which one was better, ect... Without even playing it. How the hell would I know how it plays without even touching it? Looking at other peoples posts about TWD I can only imagin how ubsurd I looked making those comments back then. Anyway you have your right to your opinion of course on what we can take from a video and pictures, like the art, the sounds, the call outs ect.... But what you were commenting on was how it feels to play the game "Met does not only have a lot of different shots but all those shots are satisfying too." "On TWD I can't find one satisfying shot". How the heck would you know how "satisfying" a shot was on TWD without even playing it? That's why I thought you must have played it at expo to know how "satisfying" a shot "feels" on TWD.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Zombie in prison...surely you jest.

Oh sorry.....Walker!

#73 9 years ago

Zzzzz.

image-226.jpgimage-226.jpg

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

He's about to make the same mistake again....

I know, haha. But dont tell him, cause then you get complaints about your behaviour. Lol

#75 9 years ago

I think the biggest gripe about the voice is it sounds like mustang... No one wants to be reminded of mustang when playing twd lol.

Is what it is

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yea, but that's just not true. Metallica on the surface has the Fuel Lane, the Mystery Hole, Sparky, Drop downs which lead to a magnetized grave marker, two ramps, two spinners...

Correct me if I'm wrong but Met Pro doesn't have spinners, does it? Same deal as with TWD. No spinners on the Pro.

Disclaimer - Metallica is one of my favorite machines of all time. I'm also excited about TWD.

#77 9 years ago

Speaking of zombies and shooting... TWD TV show has THEEEEEeeee worst effects ever for the firearms on the show. Near zero recoil. Cheesy effects. If you've ever shot a real gun, you know what I'm talking about here. The actors interaction with their firearms is SO incredibly bad, that it makes the show nearly unwatchable IMO. It's like being able to play an instrument well, and then seeing some cheesy boy band air guitar all over the stage. Hard to watch. LOL

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpin:

Speaking of zombies and shooting... TWD TV show has THEEEEEeeee worst effects ever for the firearms on the show. Near zero recoil. Cheesy effects. If you've ever shot a real gun, you know what I'm talking about here. The actors interaction with their firearms is SO incredibly bad, that it makes the show nearly unwatchable IMO. It's like being able to play an instrument well, and then seeing some cheesy boy band air guitar all over the stage. Hard to watch. LOL

Is it kind of like watching a NBA basketball game?

#79 9 years ago

Good video , Does it make me want 2 order TWD ( N0 ) but ,,,, I still want to play it and be my On judge , it Might be a cool pin after all .. ,,

#80 9 years ago

I'm not looking at anything else until the LE comes out....

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Totally agree. The southern accent is 100% appropriate in this game. Some red neck jokes with the zombies are as well. Perfect really.

No. You are wrong. This voice is ridiculous and is too over the top and goofy
Needs to be subtle and dark just like the two main characters on the show.

#82 9 years ago

If Stern don't address some concerns on this title I see many including myself who ordered the LE Walking on it leaving it for DEAD.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If Stern don't address some concerns on this title I see many including myself who ordered the LE Walking on it leaving it for DEAD.

I already personally know of 3 people who have done this, not including myself (which makes 4).

#84 9 years ago

Time for a new avatar

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Time for a new Avatar

Maybe a bowling pin?

#86 9 years ago

Maybe a bowling pin?

Strikes and spares?

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Strikes and spares?

Of course, what else would I be talking about?

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I already personally know of 3 people who have done this, not including myself (which makes 4).

You walked on it also Rob?

#89 9 years ago

He could also go the strikes n spares route too
Different game similar name

#90 9 years ago

Quoted from RobT:

I canceled my LE preorder last week.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Am I the only one still in for an LE, lol

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from sammiesguys:

Wow, then it seems the only people infected were the ones doing the thinking process for this title at Sterns.

#93 9 years ago

Maybe, I was trying to hold out for it but fading real quick. For the record this decision has nothing to do with TBL reveal I think that pin looks awesome but one I still wouldn't own with my taste in pinball titles.

#94 9 years ago

I just love zombies too much and it seems RAZA will never come out, or not for a really long time anyway.

#95 9 years ago

Maybe, I was trying to hold out for it but fading real quick. For the record this decision has nothing to do with TBL reveal I think that pin looks awesome but one I still wouldn't own with my taste in pinball titles.

I canceled it once it became apparent that the show characters weren't even acknowledged in the game. Preordering is already fraught with issues (code, beta testing, value loss). I was able to accept those for a TWD themed pin. For Generic Zombie Pin, I'm not interested in taking that on.

#96 9 years ago

Not saying don't buy one, but most likely you'll get one a hell of a lot cheaper in 6-9 months from now. That maybe my plan as well, loves Zombies but at that price they needed to hit it out of the ball park and what we got was a pop out.

#97 9 years ago

I just don't have your patients. I want to play now and willing to pay more to do so

#98 9 years ago

I just don't have your patients. I want to play now and willing to pay more to do so

I hear ya! However you have some pretty awesome machines in your line up, a few months of loving those instead will make the time pass quickly

#99 9 years ago

I cancelled my LE but went with the pro instead.

#100 9 years ago

Just cancelled my LE and think I'll sit on the sidelines and see what floats by that catches my attention.

In addition what sucks is that I sold my HUO TSPP for this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.95
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-a-good-walking-dead-video/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.