More clues!!

#9 9 years ago

Well it was obvious, to us old timers.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Beat me by 8 seconds!

You seemed more sure of your guess with only one "?"

#11 9 years ago

So, for the Trivia people out there: Which Wedge heads were NOT a white (or white-ish) base color?

Obvioulsy, Flying Carpet is one (purple). Grand Slam is another (Blue). I know there is a "green" one. Any others?

#12 9 years ago

King Kool/Rock
Neptune/Hit the Deck
BankABall/Flipper Pool
Are the only others, that i can think of off the top of my head

#13 9 years ago

FW.JPGFW.JPG

#14 9 years ago

How are you guys guessing which game this is from a couple of under the playfield pics? Man, you guys are good!

Dave

#15 9 years ago

OOPS! King Rock/Kool is not a wedge head, but still a rare GTB that is not white base coat.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

How are you guys guessing which game this is from a couple of under the playfield pics? Man, you guys are good!
Dave

The first shot is actually inside the head. Showing the never removed shipping block. It is the purple/hot pink cabinet color that was the "hint". The shot of the total play meter is just someone boasting about a low play game.

#17 9 years ago

I wonder how much that shipping block is worth to someone, anal about restoring?
Maybe more than what some old games are worth?

#18 9 years ago

If this is a 'Show us Your Shipping Blocks" topic I am in.
pin ball 009.JPGpin ball 009.JPG

Congrats on the new pin.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

How are you guys guessing which game this is from a couple of under the playfield pics?

Must be a crap game, only n38k plays, LOL.

#20 9 years ago

Wow congrads! Looking forward to more pics....

#21 9 years ago

38k games? It must have only been play tested at the factory.

#22 9 years ago

it is a flying carpet if there was any doubt! i put just a bit of pink in the pic for the hint.
as most on the em board know i have been trying to find one for quite some time without luck.
this one has a really nice bg only a few tiny missing paint spots, pf is dirty but should be mint when cleaned
the cab is faded as expected, but overall pretty nice. was told it was only on location for less than a yr at the family business in baltimore than moved to the family garage.

#23 9 years ago

I'm fairly new here still, but even I knew that you'd been chasing a Flying Carpet for a while, so congrats on finally getting a nice one Boilerman. I hope it cleans up well for you.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it is a flying carpet if there was any doubt!

congrats

Just flown in too

Ken

flying carpet.gifflying carpet.gif
#25 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it is a flying carpet if there was any doubt!

where is my "no" prize?

#26 9 years ago

Fun game....Featuring a great trappable 3 pop-multi-target area that'll put a smile on anybody's face!

It's a love-it or hate-it type model in that the bottom has non-kicking slings and 4 outlanes, (instead
of traditional return lanes). A great game to perfect your shooting skills and set-ups for that
precision shot, two of which are off the mid-field "Y" and "R" rollover guide rubbers for a ricochet into
pop-bumper land where the game will crack you up as at times, it'll play itself. People may think that
really doesn't sound like much of a game, but without the timely save and set, and precision shot off
the rollover guides, it likely doesn't happen. When it does, it's hard not to laugh. The game is a
shooter's paradise featuring 6 direct bullseye targets and a lane that with a little practice, sends the
ball all the way back to the top arch.

I always liked the 5 rollover guides at the top, (they flash in rotation during a score motor rev). I
simply had to wire the other 4 existing rollovers to match. Looked good! Try it Boilerman!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

Fun game....Featuring a great trappable 3 pop-multi-target area that'll put a smile on anybody's face!
It's a love-it or hate-it type model in that the bottom has non-kicking slings and 4 outlanes, (instead
of traditional return lanes). A great game to perfect your shooting skills and set-ups for that
precision shot, two of which are off the mid-field "Y" and "R" rollover guide rubbers for a ricochet into
pop-bumper land where the game will crack you up as at times, it'll play itself. People may think that
really doesn't sound like much of a game, but without the timely save and set, and precision shot off
the rollover guides, it likely doesn't happen. When it does, it's hard not to laugh. The game is a
shooter's paradise featuring 6 direct bullseye targets and a lane that with a little practice, sends the
ball all the way back to the top arch.
I always liked the 5 rollover guides at the top, (they flash in rotation during a score motor rev). I
simply had to wire the other 4 existing rollovers to match. Looked good! Try it Boilerman!

very well said! it is a love it or hate game. but is really love it. played it a lot as a kid. the lack of sling kickers are what most don't like but in certain games like this and say Jacks open it works very well.
how did you re-wire the other rollovers to cycle?
it has 0 insert wear on the pf and look at the shine on the coin box! that is the best looking one I have found

20140802_192313.jpg20140802_192313.jpg 20140802_192330.jpg20140802_192330.jpg 20140802_192459.jpg20140802_192459.jpg 20140802_192503.jpg20140802_192503.jpg 20140802_192815.jpg20140802_192815.jpg 20140802_193020.jpg20140802_193020.jpg 20140802_193028.jpg20140802_193028.jpg 20140802_193107.jpg20140802_193107.jpg 20140802_193446.jpg20140802_193446.jpg 20140802_193452.jpg20140802_193452.jpg
#28 9 years ago

That is one nice original game

#29 9 years ago

Very nice. Will clean up beautifully.

#30 9 years ago

Super cool game. I love the way the top lane guide plastics "rotate"lights when the score motor runs.

#31 9 years ago

OMG I'm more green with envy than that PF Boilerman. What a nice game! Glad it's landed in the right hands.

#32 9 years ago

I also have this game, a very nice one as well It's fairly basic but I really enjoy it, so much so that it's actually in my kitchen!! It's also for sale though, as it's in my kitchen....$600CAN, someone come get it

#33 9 years ago

Tom, i thought you sold yours ??

message me with some pics

what condition is yours in?

oh, and boiler ... what a beauty!

Ron

#34 9 years ago

My flying carpet has been in my family since the late 70s. Never selling mine. I have owned it personally since 1982

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

Tom, i thought you sold yours ??
message me with some pics
what condition is yours in?
oh, and boiler ... what a beauty!
Ron

I've been holding it for one of my best friends, but he's taking his sweet ass time picking it up. So it's on the block. He works outta town for 3 weeks at a time, so he is always busy. I gave him one last chance today...then you get first shot if he doesn't take it..

#36 9 years ago

I'll continue to hate you guys that live on the East Coast and have access to so many more games than we do out in the Midwest.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Super cool game. I love the way the top lane guide plastics "rotate"lights when the score motor runs.

Reminds me of the rear lights Thunderbird and Cougar.

#38 9 years ago

Congrats on finding your holy grail! Well, one of them anyway. And, in great shape.

The colors really pop on the backglass. Must have been in a basement-type environment for a long time. That is a great era of playfield too - good factory process then.

#39 9 years ago

One of my all time favorites. I own one and would never part with it.

#40 9 years ago

Is this the one that was way up in North Jersey? Nice grab! I believe it's the only 3" flipper game with no in/out lanes and four digit scoring. "Play Ball" may be the only other four digit scoring Gottlieb wedgehead with 3" flippers.

#41 9 years ago

Not hard at all, just need a bit of wire....... I made a 4-wire harness, each wire doubling up the non-common
wire to each rollover guide, then swapping the other ends, (with the GI wire), to each of the other 4 guides.
Not a mod really, just a "Dress-up" that I thought looks pretty good. I'd suggest doing it this way for easy
removal returning the game to stock if you decide to sell it.

I sold my Flying Carpet to a die-hard hobbyist in Old Bridge, NJ, (Steve B). I got a chuckle when he told me,
"I like that mod, please don't take it out!!"

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Is this the one that was way up in North Jersey? Nice grab! I believe it's the only 3" flipper game with no in/out lanes and four digit scoring. "Play Ball" may be the only other four digit scoring Gottlieb wedgehead with 3" flippers.

no it was about 10 min from me pa

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

Not hard at all, just need a bit of wire....... I made a 4-wire harness, each wire doubling up the non-common
wire to each rollover guide, then swapping the other ends, (with the GI wire), to each of the other 4 guides.
Not a mod really, just a "Dress-up" that I thought looks pretty good. I'd suggest doing it this way for easy
removal returning the game to stock if you decide to sell it.
I sold my Flying Carpet to a die-hard hobbyist in Old Bridge, NJ, (Steve B). I got a chuckle when he told me,
"I like that mod, please don't take it out!!"

once i shop it out i will touch base with you, i wouldlike to give it a try!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I believe it's the only 3" flipper game with no in/out lanes and four digit scoring. "Play Ball" may be the only other four digit scoring Gottlieb wedgehead with 3" flippers.

Looks like it. There were a few Gtb. multi-players with 3" flips and 4-digit scoring. Now, Rollercoaster, and Challenger.

#45 9 years ago

Off the wishlist and into the Lineup, Way to go boilerman. #23

#46 9 years ago

Dave that machine looks very cherry! Nice score!

#47 9 years ago

Flying Carpet is a hard game to get without a non faded cabinet.....but still an awesome condition low played beauty.That game is on my wanted list.Nice find.

#48 9 years ago

To this day, I still love the smell of these old Gottliebs when you open them up.

Congrats!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

To this day, I still love the smell of these old Gottliebs when you open them up.
Congrats!

Me too - I love the smell of musty cloth wire

#50 9 years ago

Lots of Flying Carpet pins showing up for sale as of late...

Congrats on the score Boilerman!

- jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.