(Topic ID: 101822)

Final Silverman Auction Now Online

By cjmiller

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pins.jpg
    P2070078.jpg
    P2070077.jpg
    P2070074.jpg
    P2070076.jpg
    P2070073.jpg
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Model237:

Does anyone know what estimates can range for crating & shipping machines out of state?
    I'm in Dallas, thinking of bidding on a few machines if the shipping is affordable. Morphy sent me some names of generic shippers like Postal Connections and North American Van Lines, but I'm not sure those guys will do a good job crating a pinball in dubious structural condition, keeping backglasses intact, etc.
    Or am I nuts to be even considering this? I'm a new enthusiast, and it seems like an unusual opportunity to get some interesting older machines for a reasonable price. AND I enjoy restoration work!
    Thanks,
    MC

I've shipped quite a few games from all over the US via NAVL and the typical cost for one or two games (2nd one is no additional cost) has recently varied between $400 - $450. A third game can sometimes be added for a somewhat discounted amount. This charge includes "blanket wrapping", but does not include any crating. If you want that done, you'll need to get somebody else to do it and I'll bet it won't be cheap.

I may just have been lucky, but I've never needed any games crated as NAVL has delivered every game in fine shape. I have always had the seller protect the backglass(es) though by covering the front of the backbox with plywood, foamboard, and/or heavy cardboard and secure it with plastic wrap. I've always specifically requested "blanket wrapping" too, but the quality of that seems to be dependent on the particular local moving contractor used by NAVL on the seller's end.

- Tim

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from Model237:

Does anyone know what estimates can range for crating & shipping machines out of state?
    I'm in Dallas, thinking of bidding on a few machines if the shipping is affordable. Morphy sent me some names of generic shippers like Postal Connections and North American Van Lines, but I'm not sure those guys will do a good job crating a pinball in dubious structural condition, keeping backglasses intact, etc.
    Or am I nuts to be even considering this? I'm a new enthusiast, and it seems like an unusual opportunity to get some interesting older machines for a reasonable price. AND I enjoy restoration work!
    Thanks,
    MC

Like Tim (Tuna_Delight) I've shipped several games successfully using STI (formerly NAVL).

Michelle Bianchi is the key here. You need to contact her for the best rates. She is a booking agent for Precision Transportation. Here's her contact info to get a free quote:

Email - [email protected]
    Direct - 630-352-3312
    Toll-free - 877-432-2646

1 week later
    #53 9 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

Most of the online bidding was live, when the auction is actually going, you can log in a watch / bid live right from the comfort of home.

According to the terms and conditions on the website, it sounds like there is no live online bidding tomorrow morning.

"Bidders may preview, register and place bids online through our website, www.morphyauctions.com. Online absentee bidding through Dan Morphy Auctions LLC (DMA) is available until 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the sale."
    That would be 845am East Coast Time fellas.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-silverman-auction-now-online/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.