Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-3.jpeg
gemini.jpg
Snowfridge.JPG
th-4.jpeg
some_like_it_hot_1959.jpg
No_pockets!.JPG
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#3 10 years ago

Yes, it will be interesting Tim to see what it goes for.

Do any work to your Williams King Pin I sold you yet?

Ken

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Yes, it will be interesting Tim to see what it goes for.
Do any work to your Williams King Pin I sold you yet?
Ken

Not much yet Ken. It, along with my other King Pin, is in my projects queue.

Unfortunately, it's a very sloooooow queue.

- Tim

#5 10 years ago

GTFO ! Another rare Gott worth stupid money....

WOW I wish I knew more about the EM's back in the day....

If I knew then what I know now....

GLWS

#6 10 years ago

I don't get it, what's the big deal with this title? Why so pricey?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonsmith:

+2

#8 10 years ago

He said he turned down 5k and it sold for mid 3's. Sounds like the dude f'd up.

#9 10 years ago

Never mind I just saw it has 5 days to go.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonsmith:

300 units made. Near mint. Pinball Girl.

#11 10 years ago

Maybe not so near mint.

#12 10 years ago

Its a sample model.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Unfortunately, it's a very sloooooow queue.

I know that speed as well lately with my projects Tim.

Ken

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

300 units made. Near mint. Pinball Girl.

This pin does nothing for me but some collectors just want a pin for it's rarity and bragging rights and whether it is a good player or not is irrelevant because when you have big bucks to blow and price is no object then you simply get what you want.

Ken

#15 10 years ago

The playfield is so damn pretty. I wish I had a chance to actually play one first before I decide to pull the trigger. I just can't do it. I would rather have 2-3 collector quality Gottliebs for 5k. There are 3 or 4 high priced collector quality pins for sale on ebay right now. Card Whiz, Solar City, El Dorado and of course this Gemini. I wish I wiped my butt with 100 dollar bills then I could get em all.

#16 10 years ago

Come on Rat, you know you want it!

#17 10 years ago

Friends don't let friends buy Gottliebs.

#18 10 years ago

You guys know who Pinball Girl is right? (daughter of Russ @ Pin Rescue) She has a pretty good source for all her auctions!

#19 10 years ago

I wouldn't be dumping that kind of money on that pin with the quality (or lack of) photos.

#20 10 years ago

I had the opportunity to play Kory Hankin's Gemini at the York Show a couple of years ago. It really is a fun game. That alone doesn't warrant the price tag of course, but it's not like "Strange World", which is also rare, commands big bucks (although not this big), but IMHO, is a dog to play.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#21 10 years ago

Cant believe she can sell high end stuff with those crap pictures!

#22 10 years ago

There are plenty of rare titles that don't command crazy money. I think the trick is when all the planets are aligned. Rare combined with a nice art package and actually fun to play makes a game that much more desirable. You not only get the bragging rights of have a scarce title it's also enjoyable to own.
Alex

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

when you have big bucks to blow and price is no object then you simply get what you want.

Yep,Thats what bidding is all about,some people have deep pockets.
Me,I have holes in them.

#24 10 years ago

I love the playfield.

#25 10 years ago

I have one that I came across about 6-7 years ago. It since has received an NOS playfield, plastics, and backglass along with a thorough shop job. I actually picked up two of them at the time. The second one had no body cabinet because it had gotten waterlogged in the warehouse it was stored in. The rest was there. Still, it was not hard to find a new owner for even that one. As I understand it a third one from this same warehouse raid was in even worse shape still and quickly went to Australia.

It is a very good game to play. The playfield is quite short though with the drop targets arranged as they are. Gives it different play feel. The artwork is exceptional.

At that kind of pricing it makes me wonder if I want mine more than someone else might want it.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#26 10 years ago

Not trying to dis her auction but the instruction card holder is wrong on it. I noticed right away because I put a nice earlier version on my Gemini as well.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Yep,Thats what bidding is all about,some people have deep pockets.
Me,I have holes in them.

I'm now to the point where pockets are no longer necessary.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm now to the point where pockets are no longer necessary.

I'm at the same point right now as well. Maybe we should start a no pockets club.

Ken

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Maybe we should start a no pockets club.

Better hurry ,women have the market cornered.

No_pockets!.JPGNo_pockets!.JPG

#30 10 years ago

What Pin-it said. It's like that guy that always has chicks laying all over his games for sale.

It might be HER project to do and manage these sales, but she's not in the pictures for no reason, I'd bet. Marketing people....

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's like that guy that always has chicks laying all over his games for sale.

Marketing
Kinda like the Coors light/Bud light commercials ,everybody is happy having a good time hot women all over the place.
Me ,I go to the store to buy quality beer ,some fat dude walks up w/ugly girlfriend who smells something awful from this hot /humid weather we have here and the only party I have is cracking some cold beer and playing pinball, Talk about deceptive commercials. Geez!

#32 10 years ago

There's hot weather in PA? god, I feel like my entire life is a lie.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

There's hot weather in PA?

Humidity up here is a Pita for a couple /3 months ,but Texas is no picnic by no stretch of the imagination( I have relatives there)more of a dry heat in the Lone star. < Ac mandatory.
But I have a pool.

#34 10 years ago

,but Texas is no picnic by no stretch of the imagination( I have relatives there)more of a dry heat in the Lone star. < Ac mandatory.

Now it looks like we may move to Las Cruces New Mexico but Austin Texas is still in the running.

Some like it Hot!

some_like_it_hot_1959.jpgsome_like_it_hot_1959.jpg

#35 10 years ago

But I have a pool.

Must be nice!

th-4.jpegth-4.jpeg

#36 10 years ago

Playfield is okay, I guess to a serious collector the rarity of it then is well worth the cost.

#37 10 years ago

The timing is just not right for me right now. I have half of my settlement money from my auto accident. I want to get a nice used truck and then blow the rest on high end EMs. So tempting though. I would rather have odin's Joker Poker for that high end price.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I would rather have odin's Joker Poker for that high end price.

Thanks for the kind words.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Some like it Hot!

Just saw that movie on Tcm the other night,MM was hot in her day.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Just saw that movie on Tcm the other night,MM was hot in her day.

I banged her ! OOOOHHHHHHHhhhhhh !

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I banged her ! OOOOHHHHHHHhhhhhh !

Before or after the Kennedy bros.?

#42 10 years ago

After....... I prefer sloppy seconds, or thirds for that matter...

There's just something soooo dirty about it.... EXCITING ! LOL

#43 10 years ago

It was actually cool out today. Only 103

-Jeff

#44 10 years ago

One can only hope to build this.

Snowfridge.JPGSnowfridge.JPG

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

That's BADASS!

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I had the opportunity to play Kory Hankin's Gemini at the York Show a couple of years ago. It really is a fun game. That alone doesn't warrant the price tag of course, but it's not like "Strange World", which is also rare, commands big bucks (although not this big), but IMHO, is a dog to play.

I played it at the York show too. Always wondered who had brought it. Pretty fun game!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

You guys know who Pinball Girl is right? (daughter of Russ @ Pin Rescue) She has a pretty good source for all her auctions!

I appreciate a woman who loves pinball no doubt. But no freakin' way the Entrepreneur of the Year at Rider University 2013 known as Pinball Girl's dad owns Pin Rescue?

Isn't that like doing your kids science project and they get an award for first place? I'm literally peeing my pants right now.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

That is freakin' sick. I love the option on top for the cola and mix or whatever that is. Everything you need for a cold winters morn'

OHEMIO

#49 10 years ago

Good lord! This auction went from 3500 to 8000 in one bid. The bidder had a feedback of (3)
There is no F ing way this pin is worth near 8k. This pin would have to look like it came out of the box from 35 years of storage for it to be worth 8k.

#50 10 years ago

Something tells me this guy won't be getting his money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kent, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-sale-price-for-gottlieb-gemini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.