Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mizzou
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Walking dead premium or Fun House”

• TWD 28 votes
      61%
    • FH 18 votes
      39%

(46 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Filling the last slot (gigidy) for my brew pub location. Which would you rather see? Walking Dead premium or Fun House. It is a kid friendly location, but I wouldn't think walking dead would be much of an issue.

#2 4 years ago

Walking dead probably get more plays due to theme

#3 4 years ago

TWD all the way.

#4 4 years ago

What is the rest of the lineup? Would help make the decision I think.

#5 4 years ago

TWD is still a theme casual fans will recognize- go with the more relevant modern theme that should earn more

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

What is the rest of the lineup? Would help make the decision I think.

Pins:
    MMR
    Iron maiden premium
    Attack from mars
    Jp2 pro
    MB remake SE

Vids
    TMNT
    Mk2
    Ms pac/galaga 30th aniversary

#8 4 years ago

Funhouse. It will add some more variety to the collection and Rudy is still one of the best toys in pinball.

#9 4 years ago

I think you are heavy on fan layout type pins.
    Of the two choices I would go with TWD because most women find FH creepy and won't play it.
    I think WH20 or FG would round out the collection better.

#10 4 years ago

TWD will earn better and be significantly easier to maintain. Unless your crowd has a lot of people nostalgic for FH while they play all your newer games, this choice seems like a no brainer.

#12 4 years ago

I personally like FH better than TWD, but for a location I would expect TWD to be a much better earner.

#13 4 years ago

TWD will be your choice

#14 4 years ago

TWD will get way more play and require way less maintenance.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinmeister:

Of the two choices I would go with TWD because most women find FH creepy and won't play it.

Funhouse was my wife's favorite game that I've owned. She found Rudy hilarious and would curse back at him.

I'd go with Funhouse personally. Plus it's a drain monster with no ball save and will earn those dollars faster.

#16 4 years ago

FH has that Alphanumeric look, turns people off with other lcd’s in the room.

TWD. C’mon man....

And TWD is a brutal pin. Quick games.

#17 4 years ago

If you have any leagues or tournaments I would recommend Funhouse for variety of play. Even for earning, its sometimes nice to have a not so modern pin to pull out those that like some older SS games.

#18 4 years ago

TWD is newer, more relevant of a theme, and doesn't have a creepy talking head. This is a no-brainer.

Although, every single operator I know says claw machines KILL it. You could get a claw machine with free beer tickets inside. Lolololol

#19 4 years ago

Ironic that Rudy is creepier than a bunch of zombies? I'd rather play Funhouse, but if I wanted to make money TWD.

#20 4 years ago

Funhouse...what other game is gonna call you a BIG SAUSAGE ???

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Funhouse...what other game is gonna call you a BIG SAUSAGE ???

One Rudy callout does not a business make. Want a popular title with the tiny amount of Pinballers that show up or you want to make money? Don’t be blinded by what WE like ( FH is awesome, btw!), go with what’s gonna be relevant. TWD is still a popular show, and known worldwide.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

One Rudy callout does not a business make. Want a popular title with the tiny amount of Pinballers that show up or you want to make money? Don’t be blinded by what WE like ( FH is awesome, btw!), go with what’s gonna be relevant. TWD is still a popular show, and known worldwide.

Sounds like I'm not taking this as serious as you. Just think that people unfamiliar with Rudy will want to keep playing to see what else he might say. The carnival theme will appeal to a wider range of age groups as well.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Sounds like I'm not taking this as serious as you. Just think that people unfamiliar with Rudy will want to keep playing to see what else he might say. The carnival theme will appeal to a wider range of age groups as well.

Funhouse is alphanumeric. Looks...dated. TWD is led display. Even more ‘modern’ with Colordmd. Is FH fun? Yes. Will folks puts money in it with other more modern pins in lineup? Unfortunately, probably not. On location people want new hotness.

#24 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Decided to go with the TWD. It'll be going into solace brewery in the very near future. Come on out and give it a play!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-location-pick-fun-house-or-walking-dead-premium-?hl=pinball-dood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.