• (2) Medieval Madness VS 269 votes
    24%
  • (3) Attack From Mars 275 votes
    25%
  • (5) Jurassic Park (Stern) VS 278 votes
    25%
  • (8) Lord of the Rings 283 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 1105 votes by 637 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

053D3B04-4402-441E-A496-12247718A9B0 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20200417_190647.jpg
C4C877AE-8FC7-4D07-9A56-0AA36CE242E4 (resized).png
image-14 (resized).jpg
If there is a tie.JPG
Screenshot_20200416-134034~2 (resized).png
100_0044 (resized).JPG
12F61295-777A-4472-8D90-B1A03CE9DB71 (resized).jpeg
48A564A9-B90C-40AE-886A-B4C1576FDC2A (resized).jpeg
Sweet Sixteen Bracket.JPG
Record by Era.JPG
Record by Company.JPG
Round 4 Results.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago

LOTR never lets me down! And it won’t this time either! 17 years strong!

My Pinside ratings: https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/ratings

And my LoTR review:

“I tried to be objective. I rated the sound poor. Sound quality stinks on the game. But after that, it's ALL GOOD baby. Or actually, mostly excellent. Unbelievable integration of theme and rules, amazing music. This pin takes you on a journey like no other....sometimes epic. It can be so fun and addictive. It's almost the perfect game. Great toys and satisfying shots. You can't ask for more. It's a masterpiece.“

I’ll add that when you can keep a notoriously long ball time game in a small collection FOR YEARS, which I did and many others have, it really says something about the game.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

[quoted image]

I just watched the Tolkien movie that came out recently. It’s about him as a young man, at Oxford and in WW1 and all that influenced his writing. I found it excellent.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Not sure how AF and TZ didn’t make the final four list. They are 1 and 2 on mine........

Because they aren’t 1 and 2 on other people’s.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

There is no way lotr is better than jp, I am no stern fan but jurassic park is an incredible game

Yes, there is a way. Feel free to debate.

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would say there are multiple games u could easily argue are better than JP.....MMRLE, AFMRLE, TZ, LOTR, IJ, and without a doubt POTC LE..... but happy you love your JP

You have really bad taste. And not just in Pinball.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ha....happy u think so....thank god...be painful living inside that head of yours

No shit. Reality bites.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The whole result of this is just a classic example of the short attention span and herd mentality that is pinside. Disagree with the mob and they would like to throw you to the wolves.
It's been fun gentlemen.

What are you going on about? 3 of these games are at least 17 years old. 2 of them over 20.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

To bad mm and afm are facing each other, both those games are better than lotr. A matter of fact tz and taf are better than lotr.

And yet...

#268 4 years ago

In my heart of hearts, I knew LOTR would beat JP2. Yet I’m still surprised? The recency bias and the fact that JP2 is very strong had me a little doubtful. But LoTR is what got me back into Pinball after 20 years (this was 10 odd years ago) and I have yet to play a game more perfectly integrated, clever, fun, challenging and just downright jaw dropping.

2 ball Destroy the Ring is the greatest shot in pinball, ever, and beyond this the game just has no weaknesses. I’ve played many games for 10 minutes and walked away bored. Overboard. And self assured. But not LoTR. I may not always like spending 45 minutes on the game and having to leave the machine to go to dinner, but I always return happily, on the epic quest to Valinor.

So long AFM. It was nice knowing ya!

#283 4 years ago

LOTR and AFM. To WAAAARRRRR!!!

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Could go either way. I think ACDC won one year or was at least in the finals when it was newish

Exactly. Do it for 5 years, let alone 10 or 20 and we’ll talk. EHoH is in the Pinside top ten for god sake. ACDC was the flavor of the year for like 2 years. Now it’s an after thought. SM was considered an all time great once (still is to me), but after a decade of brand new pin enthusiasts entering the hobby and buying all the new games, the ratings are skewed.

Which is fine. We all know, deep down, what‘s good and what has staying power.

Tell you what, I am stunned at how good XMEN LE is. So much hate for so long, but now finished and mostly forgotten, the games shines. Been playing it nonstop lately. Can’t believe how much I like it.

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn’t realize this was a running thread for so long. Are the past winners listed somewhere?

There was a really invoked, multi stage battle royale that someone staged a couple years ago. Took like weeks to complete. Can’t remember the format, but it was well done and fun. Be interesting to compare those results to now.

PS, LoTR art better than JP2.

#293 4 years ago

It’s the whole package man. Frankly, I don’t get the complaints about LOTR art. For a cut and paste it’s well done IMO. I loved the way the game looked in my home. It was warm and earthy and moody and gave you everything you needed to capture the spirit of the movies and the depth of the game.

JP art is just kinda ugly to me. Nothing special about it at all. Borderline Data East in style. Not my cup of tea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 7.50
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-four-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.