• (2) Medieval Madness VS 161 votes
    32%
  • (14) Indiana Jones (Williams) 88 votes
    18%
  • (3) Attack From Mars VS 114 votes
    23%
  • (9) Twilight Zone 139 votes
    28%

(Multiple choice - 502 votes by 277 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

005642FE-D547-4CB8-A1B2-65806FB4CE61 (resized).jpeg
068507BC-75F4-424B-B591-E5941070FF7D (resized).jpeg
B7980DE0-C1B1-4F7C-B48E-27908603E5D6 (resized).jpeg
FinalFour.PNG
Bottom Bracket.PNG
Top Bracket.PNG
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Voting is open for the championship round:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/championship-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-2021

Top Bracket.PNGTop Bracket.PNGBottom Bracket.PNGBottom Bracket.PNGFinalFour.PNGFinalFour.PNG

#2 3 years ago

What's the number beside the pin for?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

What's the number beside the pin for?

It was their ranking according to the Top 64 games as of 3/12/21. So GnR was #1, they matched up against #64 Revenge From Mars. #2 was Medieval Madness, etc.

#4 3 years ago

IJ is a great contender against MM, both fun to shoot. I have to go with MM though.

The matchup between AFM and TZ will be interesting. I really like AFM but TZ has that cool pinball “gotta play it” draw. I’m going TZ this time.

#5 3 years ago

I knew AFM and TZ (the best 2 games here) would have to compete, but it doesn't make it any easier to vote. Do I vote for the one I enjoy playing a bit more, or the one I think is the greater game? Oh right, I also pick my own criteria. Hmmmmm

#6 3 years ago

Wow no Addams Family. That's a shock. Tough call on the last 4.

#7 3 years ago

Last round was hard...this was easy-peasy. MM and TZ, all the way.

#8 3 years ago

TZ wins vs AFM, no question. MM is the better of the MM/AFM duo, and TZ would beat MM (as you’ll probably see in the next round), so clearly TZ wins against AFM.

IJ vs MM is harder. I favor IJ, but I have not played it nearly as much as MM so I am probably swayed by the fact that it still gives me that sense of “discovery” in a way that MM no longer does. I think MM will win the round though.

#9 3 years ago

“Nothing will defeat us!!”

B7980DE0-C1B1-4F7C-B48E-27908603E5D6 (resized).jpegB7980DE0-C1B1-4F7C-B48E-27908603E5D6 (resized).jpeg

#10 3 years ago

Had to go TZ over AFM. Very tough, but the game truly is amazing ( imagine what remaking this one would cost!!).

MM on the other side.

MM for the win this year for me...

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wow no Addams Family. That's a shock. Tough call on the last 4.

Such a great game, though now has fallen into the "slighted" stage amongst players. Guess it's been played to death. The best use of physical ball lock on any game (and it only has 3 balls), classic callouts, and so much packed into a standard cab. Pure pinball....

I don't play it as much as I used to (my first machine when getting into the hobby), but always, always have a blast when I spend time on it!!!

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Such a great game, though now has fallen into the "slighted" stage amongst players. Guess it's been played to death. The best use of physical ball lock on any game (and it only has 3 balls), classic callouts, and so much packed into a standard cab. Pure pinball....
I don't play it as much as I used to (my first machine when getting into the hobby), but always, always have a blast when I spend time on it!!!

I honestly have never been a fan of it, but I know it is very popular.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

“Nothing will defeat us!!”
[quoted image]

Could use a good flossing. Looks like Gingivitis is setting in.

#15 3 years ago

All 90's games? I see this is the greatest pin of all time old geezer edition. Carry on.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Last round was hard...this was easy-peasy. MM and TZ, all the way.

+1

#17 3 years ago

All 90's games? I see this is the greatest pin of all time old geezer edition. Carry on.

Says a lot about the ‘youngsters’ that voted for them. Now geeet off ma lawn!

#18 3 years ago

Sunday morning vote. Get your votes in!

#19 3 years ago

The Flippin' Final Four.

#20 3 years ago

Actually AFM & MM had a huge selling with the CGC remakes in the last couple of years, so even newer pinball fans have been able to aquire and appreciate them.

Also, I'm probably the odd-ball here, but I don't really care for MM as it's just not my type of theme at all . . . come on Martians! Also, while the TZ theme is cool, I'm just out on widebodies. Looks like my two choices will be playing in the consolation bronze match.

#21 3 years ago

Not much movement...the final is in sight..neither is a #2 however....

#22 3 years ago

I have played a lot of games in my life, it’s clear by the votes that these are the best two in history (MM and TZ). All 4 are definitely top 5 machines. I do think JJP is creeping into the top 5. Stern wins the quantity award, yea yea, I know lots of stern fans and I love them too, just tired of the comic book and rock band themes.

FYI, not a boomer here, just in case the millennials come our name calling...

#23 3 years ago

I think there might be more Rock band pins in their future after the last one.

#24 3 years ago

No more rock bands,untill they can really do "The Rolling Stones" a decent pin, and "The Beatles" sure could use some better material!!I get tired of shooting the snake mouth, and aiming the Cannon!

#25 3 years ago

I would be very interested in a consolation round between IJ and AFM. I'm not sure who would get my vote.

#26 3 years ago

Consolation?

#27 3 years ago

Lol! I just got a new phone and it likes to make some interesting spelling changes.

#28 3 years ago

I have owned all 4 of these games for years. Of the 4, MM gets the most consistent play

MM > IJ - I am not sure if this one is close. IJ has the iconic sound and art, but MM just plays so much smoother.

TZ > AFM - Super tough on this one... I do think AFM is a little more fun to play, but TZ just has so much going for it.

Final.... honestly it is a toss-up between TZ and MM. I think I personally have TZ rated higher, but I wouldn't argue either way.

#29 3 years ago

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

#30 3 years ago

As an old geezer, I represent that.

I went down to my gameroom to do some testing. I played some TZ, and then moved to AFM. Then I went back to TZ, and ended on AFM almost destroying mars. And for me, AFM wins. And I think it is the simplicity of the game that just works. I enjoy TZ, but I love AFM. I think if I had to go down to four games they would be AFM, MET, Stars, and Team One. That is 4 different eras of Pinball that I always enjoy playing.

#31 3 years ago

This comment is from a guy that had to have someone explain the numbers next to the games in the bracket. LOL!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I went down to my gameroom to do some testing. I played some TZ, and then moved to AFM. Then I went back to TZ, and ended on AFM almost destroying mars. And for me, AFM wins. And I think it is the simplicity of the game that just works. I enjoy TZ, but I love AFM. I think if I had to go down to four games they would be AFM, MET, Stars, and Team One. That is 4 different eras of Pinball that I always enjoy playing.

But AFM has such a low BOM and such an empty playfield. And those stupid Martians on a stick. That's a toy???

What a ripoff.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I went down to my gameroom to do some testing.

Did the very same thing last night, as I have 3 of the 4, and very nice examples.

I ended up going for extended time on TZ and MM royal. Play my AFM alot, but for me it truly is between these 2. Still saying MM...really is a lot going on in the game in a very tight, fun package...whew, couldn't part w any of them

#34 3 years ago
068507BC-75F4-424B-B591-E5941070FF7D (resized).jpeg068507BC-75F4-424B-B591-E5941070FF7D (resized).jpeg
#35 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But AFM has such a low BOM and such an empty playfield. And those stupid Martians on a stick. That's a toy???
What a ripoff.

Why it's almost as if fun is more important!

#36 3 years ago

Agree. We are in the Golden Age RIGHT NOW. 2 or 3 of these should be modern pins. No vote.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Agree. We are in the Golden Age RIGHT NOW. 2 or 3 of these should be modern pins. No vote.

I disagree. Maybe in 20 years they can be, but you can't really judge the staying power of a game that's only a year or 2 old. There may be some that have the longevity of the new era, but it remains to be seen.

#38 3 years ago

A little over 24 hours until voting closes. Medieval Madness is running away with it, but there is still time for a Martian comeback.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I disagree. Maybe in 20 years they can be, but you can't really judge the staying power of a game that's only a year or 2 old. There may be some that have the longevity of the new era, but it remains to be seen.

Agreed...this sort of fun look at the top 100 show which pins are popular today. The newer models may get a sustained following over the years, but may not. MM is the perfect example. Latest remake is technically quite new, yet leans on a proven original.

Time to stick a fork in this round and let the 2, true #1's go at it...

#40 3 years ago
005642FE-D547-4CB8-A1B2-65806FB4CE61 (resized).jpeg005642FE-D547-4CB8-A1B2-65806FB4CE61 (resized).jpeg
#41 3 years ago

150 minutes left to vote.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

150 minutes left to vote.

I think we are pretty locked in now. MM against TZ in the finals. I can accept that, even though I enjoy playing AFM more than both of them. Only because I see the greatness of TZ and MM. it’s really splitting hairs for which you prefer. And if you prefer a different one than I do, you’re as right as I am.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think we are pretty locked in now. MM against TZ in the finals. I can accept that, even though I enjoy playing AFM more than both of them. Only because I see the greatness of TZ and MM. it’s really splitting hairs for which you prefer. And if you prefer a different one than I do, you’re as right as I am.

MM vs. TZ actually may be the hardest decision I've had to make in the tourney so far, rightfully so of course. There were some other nail biters, some contemplation... self-reflections in the earlier rounds, but these two deserve it.

I'm just glad it's not coming down to "newish Stern (probably Elwin) game" vs "newish JJP (probably GnR with like less than 10% of us actually having played one) game". LCD doesn't always mean awesome. Jaw-dropping engineering and toys thankfully still matter.

#44 3 years ago

This is as it should be....can't wait to see this one play out

#45 3 years ago

TZ 4 the win!!!

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'm just glad it's not coming down to "newish Stern (probably Elwin) game"

I’m pretty bummed that I haven’t played Avengers yet. Then again, I haven’t been near a GNR either. It’s going to be strange when the pandemic ends and all of a sudden I start adding games to my WTB list again.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually AFM & MM had a huge selling with the CGC remakes in the last couple of years, so even newer pinball fans have been able to aquire and appreciate them.
Also, I'm probably the odd-ball here, but I don't really care for MM as it's just not my type of theme at all . . . come on Martians! Also, while the TZ theme is cool, I'm just out on widebodies. Looks like my two choices will be playing in the consolation bronze match.

Indiana Jones is a widebody...

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Indiana Jones is a widebody...

Some of my favorite games are wide bodies. TZ, sttng, hobbit, pirates... hell, I love demo man. All wide bodies. Not sure why they get such a bad wrap.

#49 3 years ago

With any given week’s ratings, the outcomes could shift subtly to dramatically; even with the same voters.

#50 3 years ago

Championship matchup poll with be created tomorrow morning. TZ vs. MM!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-four-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-2021 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.