AMH1.JPG
10150535_10152395357606188_8383491541819421479_n.jpg
JWE_0468.jpg
image-672.jpg
image-814.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Is this a machine for testing or did Spooky deliver a production machine already?

This is the first full prototype game we built. The community wanted it to stay in Benton (our home town) so they bought it. How nice is that?!

It's set to .25 cents a game so it gets the daylights played out of it. After a few "trial by fire" pinball shows and parties, its time to see how it handles being out in the wild!

First production game is right behind me in the shop... and yes, it will ship VERY soon. I hate giving dates because they never get met. It's not alone... many more in various states of assembly right now. We're doing all we can to get them out to their owners asap.

I give Ben the all credit. He's hammered that code to the point we feel it's stable enough in any environment. Sleep is totally over rated... right Mr. Heckendorn?!

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

old cab is way more scooby doo-ish imho

Yes... this is the original art, and you can order the more popular "blue ghosts" design.

3 out of the 4 people on the backglass in this proto game are from our tiny home town... no way the village was gonna take the new option and replace them with animated versions.

100_0235.JPG100_0235.JPG 100_0440.JPG100_0440.JPG
3 weeks later
#221 10 years ago

Ben is being modest (for a change...) AMH won the trophy for "best custom" at MGC! We don't consider these custom at this point by any means, buy hey... we'll take the victory. Great job Ben! I was told Zombies was a close 2nd... Just wait till next year Heckendorn!

Very proud of our small team of rebels... and yes Hilton, you come to Benton any time you'd like!

Now who's gonna help me unload the damn trailer?! Think I'll let it slide till the minion workers show up.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Need a week to recover from MGC

A week?! I slept till 8:30 to make up for all the sleep I lost in the last 7 days and feel like a slacker.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I am putting money down on a AMH and am proud to support Spooky pinball

THANK YOU!!! And big thanks to everyone else who has helped get us off the ground. We're a tick over 1 year into this (2 years on AMH really) and ready to ship some games... Zombies is right behind Ben's game, and we couldn't be prouder.

Still lots to do and improvements to make. We'll get there!

1 week later
#385 10 years ago

This just happened... still lots of work to do, but great day for our little band of rebels!

Ben Heck was seen hanging off the pallet screaming "no wait... I still wanna tweak the video mode!!!". Sorry Ben... but it did ship with wizard mode.

We're going to Lawrence's Pub on main street in Benton for Spotted Cow, burgers, and to play the location AMH to celebrate. Have a great weekend pinball world!

100_0574.JPG100_0574.JPG 100_0576.JPG100_0576.JPG 100_0578.JPG100_0578.JPG
#389 10 years ago

Not till next week, but when they gotta go, they gotta go!

#394 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Too damn cool! I guess that officially makes Spooky Pinball the first boutique manufacturer to ship a completed game!

Credit where credit is due... I'll say our friends Greg & Dennis did that with Whoa Nellie. But, great to join them finally!

With a little luck and some hard work, 2 more are leaving next week. But tonight, we're gonna do a lot of this....

100_0580.JPG100_0580.JPG
2 months later
#576 9 years ago
Quoted from deadzebra:

nice to see them moving out! congrats! On a related note I'll be starting a kickstarter to get that man some sleeves.

Ok... I tend to be all "nose to the grindstone" and don't dip into pinside as much as I should... but you sir, just made me smile and laugh harder than I have all week!

I swear we're paying these young men enough to buy a whole shirt. Hell, I've even given them shirts! They still come in with 1/3 of a shirt the next day.

Yes guys, we are shipping games. Sent one out last week, another leaves tomorrow, another is in final testing, and as Ben mentioned, we're waiting for the next batch of boards so we can play test about a half dozen more that are ready. Another half dozen right behind those are in various states of assembly.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Will we be seeing a pic of you doing a cartwheel as the first truck pulls out Ben? Inquiring minds want to know.

We don't let Ben do cartwheels... I did hug Ben when the first one shipped, and he told me never to do that again. Next time we'll just toast with a beer & fist bump like manly men. He's down in Texas with our board mfg buddy Parker, touring an aircraft carrier today while I work my ass off, the bastard!

Peace out pinball dudes... I'm gonna get outta the shop and jog around Benton (takes like 10 minutes) before we get more biblical rains.

3 weeks later
#752 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Whoa! What are those and where can i get them? My fingers would thank me.

Those were customer Ken's own design... I told him I'd buy a couple sets if he made them. Pure simple genius!

#755 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

great stuff Chuck and Ben! Really cool seeing photos of these being built and going out the door!

Thank ya' H... we really do appreciate everyone who supports us in the small company world. It's only about a million times harder than I dreamed it would be.

And yeah... I'll talk to customer Ken. He could sell a pile of those simple beauties!

#764 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

I guess I should look into making more if there is enough interest.

Customer Ken

Camp Spooky is in for 2 sets... great job Ken! And if ya' find yourself closer to Benton, you're hired sir!

#765 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

The build quality of AMH is above and beyond what you would expect.

After a rough day yesterday... this pretty much gave me a 180 flip this morning.

Thank you Ken, for the patience & the support. We're doing all we can to make a great product. It never has been nor will it ever be easy, but we keep finding ways to make the games better.

We're far from perfect and we still have things we need to improve on... but we will.

#785 9 years ago

Ben is relentless... I can verify this 100%.

Mr. Kelly..., you need to learn how to spell Benton, WI correctly! And why is "staff" in parenthesis? Oh yeah... forgot, you've met the minions. They're still wondering why the hell I let the cranky old dude in the shop, and how Deb hasn't killed you yet.

#798 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Gameplay would involve traveling the world trying to find "Creatures of Legend" such as:

Bigfoot,
Lock Ness Monster
Chupacabra
Mermaid
Dragon
Yeti
and of course,
Jackalope

Wow... KT had this idea right as we were launching the company. Great minds think alike apparently!

#805 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

America's Most Cryptic

That's why I like working with this guy.

#808 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Ben, is usa your only target marcet? Or do you hope to sell worldwide too?

We fully intend to ship world wide with all our games... just not quite there yet. We've just got shipping sorted out for the states really. Still lots to learn... we truly are a small family run business in all aspects.

We put 2 games on a truck today for the first time. Huge deal for us!

1 week later
#841 9 years ago

Getting games out is an awesome feeling, but I know we're not finished. We do have a few things we need to address as I get reports back on these first few, but we'll make it right... and overall, so far, so good!

Thank god for guys like Anthony and everyone else who had enough faith to help get us off the ground by purchasing games! Unreal putting it on location like that so others can try before they buy... THANK YOU!!!

We're getting better with each game that leaves, and for those still waiting, we appreciate the patience. Just a small shop doing our best!

Don't forget, there is our original test game that's been on location since spring at Lawrence's Pub & Eatery right here in the pinball mfg capital of Wisconsin, Benton! Trust me... you roll through Benton, you'll find it... along with a selection of great Wisconsin brews.

#844 9 years ago

Oh... and right now 3 ghosts beaten and 75 million is the bench mark (as far as I know). Top notch PAPA player did that in his home last night. Sorry I missed that performance Chris, but getting home at 4:00 a.m. was about as late as I could push it and still work today!

#845 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I think it's your turn to buy, asshole.

I'll provide the quarters for the AMH.

You're on old man... or should I let Bug do my light work and kick your ass for me? You can't even get your own mode started!

Really... Bryan F'n Kelly plays a creepy psychotic old hotel owner ghost in the game. Call it typecasting. Ha!

#850 9 years ago

We're at 244 Ridge Ave in Benton... Lawrence's is right on the main strip through town (Hwy 11). Can't miss it.... the entire village is about 6 blocks long. We're right on the south edge of Benton.

St. Paul is a solid 5 hours away. I know this from having to run up to Bryan Kelly's place to drop off Spotted Cow and Geritol a few times a year.

#853 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Prop job. Where's the nearest airport? :p

Platteville, WI... about 20 minutes away. But I think the word "crop duster" is used quite a bit at that airport.

Actually, I've heard the phrase "crop duster" used to describe Bryan Kelly at pinball parties too.

2 weeks later
#872 9 years ago

Ben's kicking ass... lots of cool new improvements! Attract mode is like 100 times better than it was yesterday. He's adapted code to make our ball trough more reliable as well.

Still a few bugs he's hammering on, but really nice update! We're going to shoot a "how to update code" video before he heads back home later today.

I need to update the game code at Lawrence's pub here in Benton this week and shop it out. Been in daily operation there since March 21st and the white rubber isn't anymore. We're kinda proud of that.

#873 9 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Good stuff. Looking forward to trying out the new changes.

Many of the changes were from your suggestions, so yep, I think you'll like this. Thanks for the help and patience!

1 month later
#909 9 years ago

Pretty damn speechless right now... The people at PAPA has been unbelievably kind to us. As have pretty much all our customers. Without people putting faith in new companies & product, we've got zero chance to grow and improve. So really, thanks to everyone who supports us in any way!

We'll cross the 20 games out there mark real soon. Getting faster and better all the time!

#915 9 years ago

It will be over Mr. Heck & Mr. Hilton.

She's not the prettiest gal at the ball (that's why we didn't ship it) but it's fine for show use & Ben tweaks.

#933 9 years ago

I love knockers too Heck! We can always add in a traditional knocker at some point. Just one of those things that got put on the back burner.

That right scoop (and every other coil) in the game is adjustable in Ben Heck's super menu system. I like it somewhere in the middle... not as fast as shown, but not an easy catch either.

The best is Ben's voice telling you which switch you're pressing when you have your head under the game (optional)... we use that all the time in final testing, and we still laugh at it... every, single, time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-art-for-americas-most-haunted-pricing-info?tu=SpookyCharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.