AMH1.JPG
10150535_10152395357606188_8383491541819421479_n.jpg
JWE_0468.jpg
image-672.jpg
image-814.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone in SoCal order one? I played it at Chicago Expo, but I'd love to experience the final product, see how the audio package shaked out in the end...who knows, I may get crazy and order one when it's all said and done

I did bro you should get one

#252 10 years ago

I like to see people developing games; but $6k for this?

$2k more and I get an MMR, $1k less and I get a Star Trek Pro?

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I did bro you should get one

But Derek, do you think it is a greta game?

Brad

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

But Derek, do you think it is a greta game?
Brad

Hey bro,
Will not know till I get the finished product, but I am friends with Ben and really dig what Spooky is doing. I hope to really like it

#255 10 years ago

I know earlier in this thread Ben had posted a link with all of the audio clips and music tracks from the game. I haven't listened to it all as I don't want to spoil it, but there were over 1000 callouts/sound effects. The new stuff recorded with Joe is top notch and there seems to be waaay more quick callouts than there are lengthy dialogue segments.

I am in on this game mainly because I am a horror buff and I mostly collect horror'ish themed pins, but I also think it looks like a great player with a solid ruleset, unique gadgets and a nice art package. I really love everything about it at this point.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

So you're saying for only $1k more than a mass market Stern Pro you could get a really limited boutique pinball that almost no one else will have or get to play? Sweet!

You might as well say, $6500 for a Star Trek Premium? I can get all the gameplay for $1000 less! (Note that I own a Star Trek Premium, worth it to me.) You always have to draw the line at some point for what matters to you.

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone in SoCal order one? I played it at Chicago Expo, but I'd love to experience the final product, see how the audio package shaked out in the end...who knows, I may get crazy and order one when it's all said and done

If the IRS didn't just rape me for last year, I was thinking of jumping in. I even contacted them awhile back and almost sent a deposit. I like the looks, toys, and for the most part the art of the game. I am a little concerned about the audio package...but I am a sound engineer for a living, so I am a little sensitive to that. Tag...You or Rob are it

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

Economies of scale. Also: [H]??

#259 10 years ago

I have been in on this one for months. Looking forward to getting it in my home. Have followed Ben's gaming console work for a while. What I really like about this pin is that it is all pretty much bens work. Layout design, control board, music, dots, call outs, rule set, basically everything from Ben. Not sure this has been done in any small run produced pin before.

#260 10 years ago

Lots of sound discussion - I still think this is entirely open to the user to redevelop. I was thinking if I went this way to have family record all the voice parts so it would be ultra personal.

#261 10 years ago

Yes, audio can be changed. There are a few dirty pool call outs for when you trap a ball behind the 3-bank target. I may change one of these out with actual Raul Julia sounds from the movie. You can change any and all audio.

#262 10 years ago

Is this pin limited, or will there be plenty of opportunity to play the game in it's finished state before making a purchase decision?

#263 10 years ago

First run is 100. That is all that is guaranteed. They hope to run 400-500 of these over the next 5 years.

Spooky is looking to put out 1 new pin each year.

#264 10 years ago

The sound package is VASTLY improved. If it is not to your liking it is the EASIEST thing to change. Pretty sure even a dummy like me could figure out how to do it and it is a perk of this game. If I was getting one, the first thing I would be tweaking is putting my own voice in for some call outs and making heckles for local friends when a ball drains.

Imagine how cool it will be to put in a call out for the right outlane switch that says " PLAY BETTER FLANKER" or "YOU SUCK MIKE" or "DAMMIT DAVE" Would be sweet to make the game more of your own.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The sound package is VASTLY improved.

I keep hearing this, and I believe you, I really do, but I'd love a video showing it. Hearing is believing and all that. I wasn't a real fan of how "rambly" it was before.

#266 10 years ago

The audio is what it is. Had friends, pinball enthusiasts and volunteers record it. We changed the team leader from being dour to a more enthusiastic Dan Aykroyd "ghost geek" kind of character. The ghost hunters are now enthusiastic team leader, dumb blonde, disgruntled tech guy, and Hippy Psychic. In addition we have 6 different ghost bosses and a Demon.

Having done games with existing assets in the past (Bill Paxton, aborted Lost game) I can't you how liberating it is to just write something, have someone say it, and use it for the game. Would I have liked to hire all professionals and record in proper booths with audio engineers? Of course. But we can't afford that on game 1.

We tried to keep the price south of a Stern Premium. For low volume / boutiques, we'll never have the discounts / buying power Stern or JJP has, so our BOM is higher, simple as that. We also want to make money past our BOM.

Aurich, I agree about video, we need to make a proper one.

When we know which shows AMH will make it to, we'll keep you posted! (until then, our lips are sealed!)

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Is this pin limited, or will there be plenty of opportunity to play the game in it's finished state before making a purchase decision?

This pin is limited to the amount of buyers. After the first 100 * I can't recall if they need 20 per run or 100 for each run. But as long as they have their minimum for each run, my impression was that they will keep making them.

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hey bro,
Will not know till I get the finished product, but I am friends with Ben and really dig what Spooky is doing. I hope to really like it

From those I spoke to who went to MGC, they came back very impressed with AMH. They liked the flow and shots while commenting on the depth it appears the machine has.

Brad

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Aurich, I agree about video, we need to make a proper one.

Ben, you make that video and help me with some talking points and I'll get it on the front page of Ars Technica. I'm overdue to get some more pinball content up.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ben, you make that video and help me with some talking points and I'll get it on the front page of Ars Technica. I'm overdue to get some more pinball content up.

Proper video of a pin can go a long way towards creating excitement and that feeling of "I gotta have this". It helps sell pins, new and used. So needless to say, I definitely think this is a good idea.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

...but I am a sound engineer for a living, so I am a little sensitive to that

I'm also sensitive to this as a former DJ and audio buff. But that's what makes the game more appealing to guys like us. Don't like the audio? Master your own! Anything we want! My son made me go through the audio files that Ben made available so he could hear dad's voice (we were not good enough at pinball to get to it at the MGC )and all the doctor callouts which he says are the funniest. The possibilities are pretty much endless as far as audio goes for this game.

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that looks interesting, ever play it? Is it any good.

It's great! BUT, to find one in excellent shape, with all the pieces intact...$125 plus!

#273 10 years ago

that's cheap compared to something like Dark Tower, or Hero Quest expansions.

#274 10 years ago

Ben, I really enjoyed playing America's Most Haunted. It was a huge step up over the previous time at MGC when I played it.

You said I looked like some actor dude when I met you, but I didn't recognize the name. If you remember, who did you say I looked like? I asked you a bit about the pinball board being made...

#275 10 years ago

Are these all spoken for?

Jason

#276 10 years ago

The order info is still on the website:

http://www.spookypinball.com/games-swag/

Ben/Charlie, can you comment on how many AMH's have been sold at this point? Also in the video from MGC it was stated that games would be shipping any day now. Is that still the plan and how many do you expect to produce per week?

Brian #13

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Ben, I really enjoyed playing America's Most Haunted. It was a huge step up over the previous time at MGC when I played it.
You said I looked like some actor dude when I met you, but I didn't recognize the name. If you remember, who did you say I looked like? I asked you a bit about the pinball board being made...

he said you looked like Brad Pitt.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

he said you looked like Brad Pitt.

Or Gilburt Godfrey

#279 10 years ago

I'm tweaking and testing Wizard Mode (the Demon Battle) today, and I'm making it BRUTAL!

Once everything is completed, you physically lock 3 balls, then demon auto launches the 4th and they all hit you at once.

You have to hit the Moving Shot (like AFM's Super Jackpot) SIX TIMES to weaken the demon and drop the targets. Also, each time you hit it, it moves faster!

Once drop targets are down, you bash the demon (ghost loop) for Jackpots, which is the Total Boss Jackpot Value you've collected during the game (hit those pops!) X number of balls left in play.

When you're down to 1 ball, final hit to the demon wins the game!

Good luck beating this thing!

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm tweaking and testing Wizard Mode (the Demon Battle) today, and I'm making it BRUTAL!
Once everything is completed, you physically lock 3 balls, then demon auto launches the 4th and they all hit you at once.
You have to hit the Moving Shot (like AFM's Super Jackpot) SIX TIMES to weaken the demon and drop the targets. Also, each time you hit it, it moves faster!
Once drop targets are down, you bash the demon (ghost loop) for Jackpots, which is the Total Boss Jackpot Value you've collected during the game (hit those pops!) X number of balls left in play.

I'll beat it. Feel free to send me a free... umm I mean "test" machine and I'll prove it

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'll beat it. Feel free to send me a free... umm I mean "test" machine and I'll prove it

Ben will send you the first model with a new feature... unremovable playfield glass

#282 10 years ago

How is the video mode coming along?

#283 10 years ago

Ben
Will you be doing another pinball for spooky after this? Also what are super jumps in the game

#284 10 years ago

Haven't started video mode yet, so that'll require an update for the first 5 or so shipped games.

I don't have any plans to make a 3rd machine at this point. Too many weekends spent coding. Like this weekend.

#285 10 years ago

Got ya well I am glad I got this one then. So what are the super jumps in the game

#286 10 years ago

The right orbit hits the ramp and jumps the ball onto the balcony. This is how you advance Theater Mode.

In Theater Mode, you can hit that jump over and over, and value increases 500k per shot. But it's a timed mode, so you also have to make the mode progress shots too.

Once Theater Mode has been won, you can hit the jump for combos (you get as much time to collect as a normal combo) This isn't worth as much as it us during Theater Mode, but can still add up! (and value increases if you make the shots in time)

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The right orbit hits the ramp and jumps the ball onto the balcony. This is how you advance Theater Mode.
In Theater Mode, you can hit that jump over and over, and value increases 500k per shot. But it's a timed mode, so you also have to make the mode progress shots too.
Once Theater Mode has been won, you can hit the jump for combos (you get as much time to collect as a normal combo) This isn't worth as much as it us during Theater Mode, but can still add up! (and value increases if you make the shots in time)

Damn it Ben! Stop tempting me with your amazing rules and creativity!

Marcus

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Ben will send you the first model with a new feature... unremovable playfield glass

Darn you... I figured I may need to remove the glass to... adjust a target or something. Yeah that's it

#289 10 years ago

Ben, I hope you meet whatever sales goals you have, it would be a shame for all your hard earned pinball knowledge to not pay off at this point.

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Haven't started video mode yet, so that'll require an update for the first 5 or so shipped games.
I don't have any plans to make a 3rd machine at this point. Too many weekends spent coding. Like this weekend.

You'd already have a great basecode to work off of, so there is that!

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

lol

I definitely agree with your definition of "brutal"!

#292 10 years ago

YouTube video with most of our dots and music.

Don't watch if you're afraid of spoilers!

#293 10 years ago

cool ben, thanks for sharing. itching to get the game but have to wait to see how to get it to Aus.

Design question for when your board set is made available - curious what rate are the dots done at 5 frames per second????? and what program do you use for the images and then what program changes the images to dots and the shades of green?

#294 10 years ago

Only got to watch a bit of the vid so far, but... is AMH now going to have a color display?!?

#295 10 years ago

The dot videos are 15 FPS. Seemed sufficient.

It's not going to be color. This is a raw dump of the AVI versions before they were converted.

#296 10 years ago

Finally watched a video of the game. It looks awesome, but I can't justify $6k right now. Maybe if they're available when I have that much sitting around!

That said, the right scoop looks to be really rough. The C2C video I watched made it look like the ball had a trajectory RIGHT down the middle between the flippers. Was that juts bad luck on his part? The ball DID bounce back into play from the apron, but it was still sketchy.

#297 9 years ago

Probably out of sheer exhaustion I'm going to save the video mode for a later update. Also I am having trouble thinking of what it could be, most video modes are a variation of steering left and right since that translates best to the flipper buttons. I'm open to ideas!

Wizard Mode is now implemented and available. Once you beat Wizard mode it's "a new season" and the game modes start over for that player.

I'd like to make a good video of the game but Chuck is shipping them as fast as he builds them, so will have to align our schedules better. I could make a rules video using my game but it's far rougher than the production builds.

#298 9 years ago

Great Job Ben....The game looks like it will be a lot of fun.

#299 9 years ago

I'm never mad at a pinball for not including a video mode honestly. I vote just skip it rather than shoehorn.

#300 9 years ago

video modes are really overrated IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 210.00
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-art-for-americas-most-haunted-pricing-info/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.