AMH1.JPG
10150535_10152395357606188_8383491541819421479_n.jpg
JWE_0468.jpg
image-672.jpg
image-814.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 20.
#101 10 years ago

Any chance this game is hitting california extreme in July 2014?

Amazing work.

#102 10 years ago

Man forget CAX, anyone with a serious pin project should be at PAGG.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man forget CAX, anyone with a serious pin project should be at PAGG.

correction, anyone SERIOUS about pin projects should be at MGC and Expo since they are premier spots for botique pins to be announced and played.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Notepad++ as a front end.

LMAO. Love it

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

correction, anyone SERIOUS about pin projects should be at MGC and Expo since they are premier spots for botique pins to be announced and played.

PAGG (Pin-a-Go-Go) and CAX are CA shows, those others are great, but have no real relevance to my comment.

CAX is a big show, but has a strong vid focus, PAGG is pure pins, and from a playing pinball experience is a lot bigger than Expo (which obviously has more than the pins on the floor with the seminars, and lots of vendors). There were three halls with over 300 pins last year at PAGG, this year has Steve Ritchie as the special guest.

#106 10 years ago

I already travel a fair bit for my normal work, so I probably won't be taking this game to any remote shows. CAX is pretty cool, went there in 2012.

Snow is right, if you're anywhere near the Midwest, MGC is the bee's knee's. In recent years almost all of the industry people starting showing up, and they've got a much better pin collection to play than Expo. I totally freaked out last year when I walked into our area and Steve Ritchie was playing AMH ("I'm not hating it!")

Plus it's Wisconsin so bars stay open way later.

#107 10 years ago

Don't screw us west coasters Ben!

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Don't screw us west coasters Ben!

Hey, we get snow and cold for Fing ever and you get sun and warmth for days.

The midwest is the radiation of pinball and will always be. Don't try to take it away from us. Embrace it and come visit the mecca.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I already travel a fair bit for my normal work, so I probably won't be taking this game to any remote shows. CAX is pretty cool, went there in 2012.
Snow is right, if you're anywhere near the Midwest, MGC is the bee's knee's. In recent years almost all of the industry people starting showing up, and they've got a much better pin collection to play than Expo. I totally freaked out last year when I walked into our area and Steve Ritchie was playing AMH ("I'm not hating it!")
Plus it's Wisconsin so bars stay open way later.

You had me at "so bars stay open way later."

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Embrace it and come visit the mecca.

Bravo!

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey, we get snow and cold for Fing ever and you get sun and warmth for days.

Whysnow.. I think you need to change your avatar to Mr. Plow

Mr-Plow.jpgMr-Plow.jpg
#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Whysnow.. I think you need to change your Avatar to Mr. Plow

Mr-Plow.jpg 32 KB

yea, but that can be taken 2 different ways.

#113 10 years ago

I hope AMH comes to PATZ. I got to meet Ben briefly there last year. As much as I wanted to check it out, I couldn't bring myself to go to Chicago Expo. I'd rather drive to Kalamazoo than go that expo again.

#114 10 years ago

At Chuck's today helping with code and going over modes, making sure they're ready to rock!

He's getting production ramped up, pics attached!

IMG_20140301_111039.jpgIMG_20140301_111039.jpg IMG_20140301_111106.jpgIMG_20140301_111106.jpg
#115 10 years ago

Woo-hoo!

image.gifimage.gif

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Looking awesome, Ben! Seeing all of those cabinets lined up is a glorious sight. Have any production games been completed yet?

#117 10 years ago

Hey Ben are these sold out? And do you take credit cards?

Oh and before anyone questions me buying a pin on a credit card, mindyerbusiness.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Hey Ben are these sold out? And do you take credit cards?
Oh and before anyone questions me buying a pin on a credit card, mindyerbusiness.

They were not sold out when I put my deposit down last month. Contact Charlie or KT @ Spooky. They'll create a Paypal invoice for you to pay however you want.

#119 10 years ago

I believe games are still available and it says 'we take all kinds of payment'. email [email protected]

#120 10 years ago

I love everything about this.

#121 10 years ago

Thanks guys will do.

#122 10 years ago

Is there going to be a shaker motor for the thunder effect?

They remind me of Fred and the gang a little-

I had another idea but I forgot... must not have been too great an idea-

#123 10 years ago

The first 20 games will also come with "Pieces of History" as a clever way of cleaning up my shop

Stuff like a prototype PCB, an original wooden balcony, the foam core "test hellavator", early versions of the ghost, etc.

Maybe we could offer a discount to an AMH buyer near a show like CAX, as an incentive for them to bring it and we'd fly in?

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe we could offer a discount to an AMH buyer near a show like CAX, as an incentive for them to bring it and we'd fly in?

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The first 20 games will also come with "Pieces of History" as a clever way of cleaning up my shop
Stuff like a prototype PCB, an original wooden balcony, the foam core "test hellavator", early versions of the ghost, etc.

Maybe you could offer free airfare for anyone willing to fly into the Benton International Airport and check the game out in person at the Spooky Pinball World Headquarters.

I'm checking on flights now.

#126 10 years ago

Screw everybody else, I want to see this at RMPS next month. I'll probably go to CAX too, I just don't want to wait.

Think about my needs, ok?

#128 10 years ago

Me and a couple buddies visited the Spooky Pinball manufacturing facility this weekend. Had a nice visit with Charlie, Ben and the crew. Months ago, Charlie asked me for advice and the biggest thing I stressed to him was to make certain, AMH didn't look like it was made in someone garage.

Trust me, it does NOT look like it was made in someone's garage!!

#129 10 years ago

I have the same question as Ted.

Thanks.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Me and a couple buddies visited the Spooky Pinball manufacturing facility this weekend. Had a nice visit with Charlie, Ben and the crew. Months ago, Charlie asked me for advice and the biggest thing I stressed to him was to make certain, AMH didn't look like it was made in someone garage.
Trust me, it does NOT look like it was made in someone's garage!!

Mom's basement feel is much more preferable than garage feel.

Seriously though, the thing looks beautiful.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

At Chuck's today helping with code and going over modes, making sure they're ready to rock!

IMG_20140301_111039.jpg 276 KB
IMG_20140301_111106.jpg 200 KB

looks like pic #1 makes it official who printed the predator pfs???

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looks like pic #1 makes it official who printed the Predator pfs???

I'm surprised no one saw it hanging on the wall in Ben Heck's factory tour at Spooky Pinball video awhile ago.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looks like pic #1 makes it official who printed the Predator pfs???

lol good eye!

#134 10 years ago

I did notice the Predator playfield in some older shots, but I thought maybe they were just using it as wall art or inspiration. It would make sense if they are manufacturing the playfields.

#135 10 years ago

Want to check out my game's source code? www.benheck.com/Downloads/ben_code.zip

For best results, open the PDE file in Notepad++ and set language to C. Alt-0 collapses all functions and makes it easier to navigate.

I'm old school, not using objects and all that. Andrew is on the Zombie game, though both games will share the same "core" for lights, solenoids, communicating to A/V procressor.

Realized the SD cards aren't even close to their streaming limits, so I'm putting everything on a single card now. Instead of a audio and DMD card, there's 1 card with SFX and DMD folders, and sub folders inside those.

This simplifies the system to increase stability, and saves RAM on the A/V processor so we can have larger stack spaces.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Want to check out my game's source code? http://www.benheck.com/Downloads/ben_code.zip
For best results, open the PDE file in Notepad++ and set language to C. Alt-0 collapses all functions and makes it easier to navigate.
I'm old school, not using objects and all that. Andrew is on the Zombie game, though both games will share the same "core" for lights, solenoids, communicating to A/V procressor.
Realized the SD cards aren't even close to their streaming limits, so I'm putting everything on a single card now. Instead of a audio and DMD card, there's 1 card with SFX and DMD folders, and sub folders inside those.
This simplifies the system to increase stability, and saves RAM on the A/V processor so we can have larger stack spaces.

I enjoy reading your comments on what the code is doing. My favorite so far is, "Hope the kids are in bed".

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm just glad you are on our side.

LTG : )™

#138 10 years ago

Whoa... almost 12,000 lines of code... including headers

I'm guessing you're constantly polling the controller (in the main loop)... this couldn't be event based. How many fps do you get from the controller for your game loop and how many times a second can the code run through the loop if all events occurred at the same time? Do you try to sync the loop to a specific framerate (or clock?)

Any stress tests where you simulate all switches firing at once or something, to see how the code reacts?

Great stuff... thanks for sharing the code.

#139 10 years ago

Chad it varies a bit but the main loop runs at about 20,000 Hz

The switches are sensed 2000 times a second, but it's an 8x8 matrix so the effective "full sampling" is 250 Hz. The solenoid shut-off is also controlled in the switch interrupt.

This is the game code, there's a separate processor for A/V (Parallax Propeller) that the PIC sends commands to (the stuff near the bottom of the code)

The good part for Chuck's zombie game and anyone who wishes to use this board system, is all the framework has been done. You could strip out this code, have a flipping game, and layer new rules in.

#140 10 years ago

Looking very cool. Wish I had the money to buy every cool pin...

I really like the PF art package I think the colors really look great and pop.

Original theme has been much needed in the industry. Very glad to see you making one.

GLWS

#141 10 years ago

Awesome! Geniuses at work I tell you what.

1 week later
#142 10 years ago

Getting very close on the game. Putting in the wizard mode audio and animations this weekend. Need to add some ending credits so if you beat the game, you see the name of everyone who helped along the way!

This may change slightly, but the grand whopping total for assets is 1013 audio samples, 15 music tracks and 490 DMD animations.

This zip shows how the single SD card for assets is arranged:

http://www.benheck.com/xfer/card_contents.zip

Along with assets and code, we'll also make available the 3D printer files of objects (such as the door, ghost, hellavator) should you want to make your own custom replacements.

See ya'll at MGC!

#144 10 years ago

Ben, GLWMS!! (MANY)

#145 10 years ago

Love it! Thanks for sharing all the how to stuff.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Putting in the wizard mode audio and animations this weekend. Need to add some ending credits so if you beat the game, you see the name of everyone who helped along the way!

So the plan is to have the game end if you win the demon battle? That's interesting. I think this could be really good so long as the demon battle is very difficult to reach and/or win.

Quoted from benheck:

This may change slightly, but the grand whopping total for assets is 1013 audio samples, 15 music tracks and 490 DMD animations.

Wow! Can't wait, Ben!

#147 10 years ago

Wow talk about transparency Ben, incredible! You're not only a genius developer, but also willing to share with the community. Kudos to you and your creation.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Along with assets and code, we'll also make available the 3D printer files of objects (such as the door, ghost, hellavator) should you want to make your own custom replacements.

GREAT idea!

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Amazing! My 10 year old and I are dying to try this game out at MGC!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 20.00
$ 210.00
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-art-for-americas-most-haunted-pricing-info/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.