AMH1.JPG
10150535_10152395357606188_8383491541819421479_n.jpg
JWE_0468.jpg
image-672.jpg
image-814.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
#51 10 years ago

AMH Updates:

Chuck is building the first 5 games now. The public will be able to play a "completely completed" one at MGC in April, with final board set & GI lighting. They will have started shipping by that time as well.

Kernel Updates: Now that the game rules are done (imagine that!) I am going back and improving the audio/video kernel. This greatly improves sound effect fetch time, DMD playback, adds 16 shade support, many new graphic and number display options, sprite support, etc. Not only will this be helpful for Chuck's zombie game, but for anyone else who might want to use this system in their own homebrews.

Joe Anderson is recording his lines as the new "Team Leader"

I believe I will have enough time to switch AMH over to 16 shade mode. There are a lot of animations, but our new converter tools make it easy (a year ago it was command line!)

Andrew (Blue Shirt) and I are having a President's Weekend Code Jam. We're going to debug even more, and add some cool diagnostics features. One will be an optional "Voice Switch", where the game speaks which switch you're hitting, in case you've got the PF up and can't see the DMD

#52 10 years ago

Thanks for the update, Ben! It's great to see that the software continues to be refined in substantial ways even as these hit the assembly line. Completed rules on release, who even does that anymore??

#53 10 years ago

I got to play America's Most Haunted last weekend at the Ball Crawl here in MN. Thanks guys for bringing it by the way! Fun game as it sits. The "Hellavator" is one of the neater toys I have seen in pinball in a while.

#54 10 years ago

I added this machine to the database. Now y'all need to update the info.

#55 10 years ago

Real nice!
Wish I could be part of this adventure too... can't afford it though, bad times

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Thanks for that! Are you able to upload the translite image from the beginning of this thread, as well?

#57 10 years ago

Really cool stuff, thanks for the update Ben. Good luck, guys. I hope someone in the Denver area picks up a game and brings it to Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. I'd love to play it.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The public will be able to play a "completely completed" one at MGC in April,

Don't miss this. Ben and company have done a tremendous job !

LTG : )

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Thanks Seal!!!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't miss this. Ben and company have done a tremendous job !

Ben should loan SS billiards one

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Ben should loan SS billiards one

At the Ball Crawl there was talk of one for Pinball On a Stick this year.

So people around these parts will get a chance at it.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

At the Ball Crawl there was talk of one for Pinball On a Stick this year.
So people around these parts will get a chance at it.

Hopefully its not as sweaty this year.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AMH Updates:
One will be an optional "Voice Switch", where the game speaks which switch you're hitting, in case you've got the PF up and can't see the DMD

Genius!

#64 10 years ago

Ghost sword: Also genius

There's a future for you in comedy, too (see Tim & Eric).

#65 10 years ago

I will be honest, I saw this last year at MGC and I rolled my eyes at it. A lot of ball hang ups and not the cool call outs what you have today. That said it looks great and best of luck with your future pins. I can't wait to see it this year.

#66 10 years ago

AMH Update 2-16-14:

Starting editing new Team Leader lines into the game. Will post a video of it in action later this week.

Have about 40% of the AMH dots converted to 16 shade mode. Looks so much better!

Still need a few cameo voice calls, specifically Random Prisoner Ghosts (who want to rob Heaven) if anyone's interested in lending a hand.

Check out the DMD based diagnostics menu WIP here:

We are switching the board set to use bad-ass IRL540 MOSFET which are way above spec.

#67 10 years ago

That is so awesome. Great job !

LTG : )™
Disclaimer : If I was nearby I'd lend a ghost hand.

#68 10 years ago

Has nothing to do with AMH, but though you guys might want a look.

#69 10 years ago

The only thing cooler than that mod is your sound effects. You could sell me one of these and I don't even have the game.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

pew pew pew pew pew super jets!!!!

Love it Ben! You could sell a bunch of those I bet.

#71 10 years ago

I don't care for a lot of mods, but that's incredibly well done and fits with the existing artwork as well. Well done.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

You, sir, are officially INSANE!!

#73 10 years ago

Bet the edges of those plastics would look awesome with a UV strip lighting them.

#74 10 years ago

Sound effects are amazing, you should also mod the audio of the game to you making noises, lol. Mod looks awesome.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here is the final backglass art for AMH, illustrated by local Madison area artist Kevin Hill.
We've completed our BOM, built a few units already and have the PCB design finalized, so we're feeling confident that a price of $5995 will be sustainable for the production run of this game.
Once we have time to document it, we will also sell the single-board "pinheck" pinball system, for other homebrew pinball enthusiasts. This will probably retail around $350-$400.
For more information on ordering please visit: http://www.spookypinball.com/games-swag/
Spooky Pinball Shop tour:
» YouTube video
Explanation and quick example of AMH rules:
» YouTube video
Original episode of the Ben Heck Show that inspired this game:
» YouTube video

Backglass_Rev_15-KHill.jpg 360 KB

Tiffany's desktop is littered with icons. She needs to clean that shit off.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

The only thing cooler than that mod is your sound effects.

Quoted from MagicMako:

Sound effects are amazing

Yes.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You, sir, are officially INSANE!!

You know your just saying that because you want that mod on yours in the worst way.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You know your just saying that because you want that mod on yours in the worst way.

Truth be told, I'm picking up Ben's AFM next weekend and doing a playfield swap for him. I'll be installing this thing so I'll see first hand how it looks. Won't be the same without the sound effects though. Lol

#79 10 years ago

I'm sure Ben can add a sound chip to trigger on the pops.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Thank you Ben, and yes you'll have the coolest Attack From Mars on Earth !

#81 10 years ago

That is dope. I want one.

#82 10 years ago

Yeah I want to get this in my game before BK does the PF swap. This way I can make sure everything fits, etc.

Anybody has a good suggestion where to nab +12V from AFM? I've already got the Color DMD and saucer mod on one of the ports.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Anybody has a good suggestion where to nab +12V from AFM?

Separate power supply. You may have it near it's limit already.

LTG : )™

#84 10 years ago

The mod looks awesome Ben and really fits the game. Will be interesting to see what if any mods you come up with for your own game AMH.

#86 10 years ago

Ben that looks bad ass, I love it. Only thing that would take it over the top would be to edge light those plastics somehow so the outlines really glowed.

#87 10 years ago

The pinball platform sounds like fun. Just make sure to document the Heck(pun intended) out of it. Lack of documentation can kill a platform.

#88 10 years ago

Are any of these coming to Australia? How and where would I order one of these?

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ben that looks bad ass, I love it. Only thing that would take it over the top would be to edge light those plastics somehow so the outlines really glowed.

I thought he was going to edge light them. Why not route a grove in the bottom, half in the black, half in the green and use a strip of ribbon LED? I'd think that would work well. make a space gap for each of the mounting screws. Wouldn't be that hard to do and would really light up that back area.

#90 10 years ago

I used Laserbits Fluorescent acrylic: http://www.laserbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=159_175

It edge lights well "just sitting there" the camera doesn't really do it justice.

In other news, thanks to the help of another programmer, we have 4 channel sound now on the Pinheck system (AMH and Zombies) Now we can separate things out a bit more, voice and sound effects, to give the audio more "fill" so to speak.

The A/V portion of the board will also be able to flash itself when you place a HEX (ROM) file on the SD card with a higher version # than what is programmed.

Also I've converted all the dots to 16 shade mode after seeing how good it looks for Chuck's zombie test, and the new team leader dialog is almost fully implemented.

#91 10 years ago

You're like George Gomez, Lyman Sheats, and Steve Martin all wrapped into one

#92 10 years ago

Cool project. Got some really nice results from it.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

adds 16 shade support,

Hey Ben,
What's 16 shade support?

#94 10 years ago

16 shades of gray for for DMD images.

images-725.jpegimages-725.jpeg
#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Hey Ben,
What's 16 shade support?

16 shades of brightness on the LED DMD.

Edit: Too slow!

#96 10 years ago

Thanks guys. That makes perfect sense. Could do some great stuff with that.

#97 10 years ago

Any info on programing the Pinheck system? I've grown to love pyprocgame, but I also enjoy collecting MPU/driver boards...

#98 10 years ago

maybe you should run a strip of black light LED's along the top aiming diagonal down. The black light ones, really make that acrylic glow.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Any info on programing the Pinheck system? I've grown to love pyprocgame, but I also enjoy collecting MPU/driver boards...

The main MCU is a PIC32. We program it in C/Wiring with http://chipkit.net/started/install-chipkit-software/ plus Notepad++ as a front end.

Andrew forked my code and did a more object-oriented approach for Zombies.

The audio/video is done via a Parallax Propeller (same chip that ran Bill Paxton Pinball)

In this application, A/V is all it does. It gets commands from the PIC32 and executes them, such as "Show all scores" "Play video ABC, along with this sound FX"

You don't have to worry about the low-level stuff, you just call playSFX('A', 'B', 'C', 255); in the main program.

#100 10 years ago

Ben,
PM sent regarding 12V/5V Power.

Pretty sure I'm in on this - looks amazing!
Now I just need to make some room.

Pin - K

www.KimballsPinballs.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-art-for-americas-most-haunted-pricing-info/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.