AMH1.JPG
10150535_10152395357606188_8383491541819421479_n.jpg
JWE_0468.jpg
image-672.jpg
image-814.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 20.
#901 9 years ago

copyright 2014 whysnow.

#902 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Here's an embed:
» YouTube video

thanks for the video! I gotsta say Wow! game looks great! im impressed. who do i give my money to?

#903 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Great to hear it. How many are out there already? .

as of tomorrow, at least 14ish

#904 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sweet, that's the video we needed. It's a little confusing sometimes when people are snarking in the background, makes it sound like the callouts are colliding, but once you kind of figure out what you're hearing it's no big deal, sounds like people are having a good time.

It was kind of fun to hear the genuine laughter at some of the lines. "Lets switch to infra-red ... for some reason" -- Great stuff Ben!

#905 9 years ago

This video made me smile...

I'm going to watch it again...

A dynamic in pinball which doesn't get the attention it deserves is:

Pinball can have A SENSE OF HUMOR...

You just hit the humor ball out of the park, and we needed that...

-mof

#906 9 years ago

This is an awesome machine! I played it at MGC and had to come back a few times before the day was done. I hope to play it again soon!

#907 9 years ago

Hello my dear. Do you like much, MUCH older men? *laughter*

Very cool video and you could tell everyone was enjoying what they were seeing. The game looks like it really keeps you on your toes. Targets are pretty close and really zing the ball back. That scoop on the right reminds me of the left habitrail on HS and Monopoly. If you aren't paying attention, bye bye ball.

#908 9 years ago

cool video, thanks

noticed it didn't have the post on the scoop.

here is a few links to Pinheadz Podcast with a interview with Charlie

PINHEADZ.com.au http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/ppp009-pinheadz-pinball-podcast-ep9-everybody-loves-a-comebackthe-spooky-special/

iTUNES https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/pinheadz-pinball-podcast/id782889884?mt=2

#909 9 years ago

Pretty damn speechless right now... The people at PAPA has been unbelievably kind to us. As have pretty much all our customers. Without people putting faith in new companies & product, we've got zero chance to grow and improve. So really, thanks to everyone who supports us in any way!

We'll cross the 20 games out there mark real soon. Getting faster and better all the time!

#910 9 years ago

This is the video that so many of us have been waiting for.

Was the wait/anticipation worth it? Hell yes. Game looks excellent! It looks to be very fast, challenging, and has very good flow. And those shots just look like they are very satisfying to hit. The ghost bash toy is also well done.

Really like what I see!

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Pretty damn speechless right now... The people at PAPA has been unbelievably kind to us. As have pretty much all our customers. Without people putting faith in new companies & product, we've got zero chance to grow and improve. So really, thanks to everyone who supports us in any way!
We'll cross the 20 games out there mark real soon. Getting faster and better all the time!

Excellent news. Hope you guys can keep ratcheting it up, because that PAPA video could very well help you sell some more of these!

#911 9 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

Had a fun time with this pin. We'll do a more in depth review at some point in the future, but opinions are positive around PAPA.

Great video, thanks, looking forward to the review, hope you guys can do this for more new releases going forward.

#912 9 years ago

I told you guys. The game is incredibly fun, funny and unique!

Post edited by coasterguy

#913 9 years ago

I took down some notes from this video. There are spots where the DMD prompts could be made clearer, such as SHOOT STROBES to get photos instead of SHOOT CAMERAS (since the cameras can also be combos)

Hilton I'll let you know if Chuck swings the game over... it'd probably be next weekend. Always glad to have more input!

#914 9 years ago

Now I'm excited to get home and play some AMH!

#915 9 years ago

It will be over Mr. Heck & Mr. Hilton.

She's not the prettiest gal at the ball (that's why we didn't ship it) but it's fine for show use & Ben tweaks.

#916 9 years ago

Hey Charlie,

Is the plan still to have a founders edition list (approx 20games) and then start the full time production list?

#918 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is the video that so many of us have been waiting for.

Absolutely. Just a nice capture of playing the game.

#919 9 years ago

Now home from work I am so glad to see this video. I was planning on making one but, this is perfection. Congrats to Spooky!

#920 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Now home from work I am so glad to see this video. I was planning on making one but, this is perfection. Congrats to Spooky!

It's all about having several vids showing different lighting situations.

We could use a vid without spectators.
We could use a vid shot in the dark to see what it looks like with no ambient light.

Please DO make us a vid !

-mof

#921 9 years ago

I will try this weekend. If I can get someone to help me. Maybe I will go buy a tripod. I did just get a new camera too. Let me see what I can do.

#922 9 years ago

Great video. The game appears really polished and fun. Would love to own one.

#923 9 years ago
Quoted from captkirk:

Would love to own one.

They are for sale.

#924 9 years ago

It will be over Mr. Heck & Mr. Hilton.
She's not the prettiest gal at the ball (that's why we didn't ship it) but it's fine for show use & Ben tweaks.

I haven't had the chance to check out AMH since MGC, and would enjoy checking it out too!

#925 9 years ago

Very impressive Mr. Heck.

#926 9 years ago

I am really considering picking one of these up after watching that papa video. Great work guys. Just one thing I noticed was that the game matched and I did not hear a knocker sound. Does the game ship with a real knocker? If not could I buy a kit to install myself?

#927 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am really considering picking one of these up after watching that papa video. Great work guys. Just one thing I noticed was that the game matched and I did not hear a knocker sound. Does the game ship with a real knocker? If not could I buy a kit to install myself?

I always give Charlie crap for not like real knockers!

For some reason he didn't want one. I kinda like how they scare noobs.

The pinHeck board has a plug to add one, isn't in code yet.

#928 9 years ago

It looks like my game is arriving tomorrow. I'm going to try to shoot a gameroom video.

#929 9 years ago

quick question form PAPA video>>> is the right kickout supposed to be so hard it bounces off right flipper enough to trigger full power pulse?

It appears that the EOS was not gapped properly so the ball would hit down the upright flipper just slightly and it would re-energize to cause a big 'bounce' off the flipper. I am not sure if this is intentional, just a simple EOS gap adjustment, or maybe a bug in code?

Actually I am not sure of the mechanics, code, or logic of the internal workings of AMH to be honest, but the symptoms are not what I am used to and just diagnosing from my B/W experience.

#930 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

quick question form PAPA video>>> is the right kickout supposed to be so hard it bounces off right flipper enough to trigger full power pulse?
It appears that the EOS was not gapped properly so the ball would hit down the flip just slightly and it would re-energize to cause a big 'bounce' off the flipper. I am not sure if this is intentional, just a simple EOS gap adjustment, or maybe a bug in code?

On this example, the scoop will fire it SDTM (fast) if you don't hold the right flipper up.

#931 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Real men love knockers.

#932 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

For some reason he didn't want one. I kinda like how they scare noobs.
The pinHeck board has a plug to add one, isn't in code yet.

I love the knocker sound adds to the experience. Good to hear that it could be added in the future.

#933 9 years ago

I love knockers too Heck! We can always add in a traditional knocker at some point. Just one of those things that got put on the back burner.

That right scoop (and every other coil) in the game is adjustable in Ben Heck's super menu system. I like it somewhere in the middle... not as fast as shown, but not an easy catch either.

The best is Ben's voice telling you which switch you're pressing when you have your head under the game (optional)... we use that all the time in final testing, and we still laugh at it... every, single, time.

#934 9 years ago

Great video - the PAPA touch!
Great game

Hope Stern would sign an agreement with PAPA and have a video of their new games shot by them before release... to be replaced ASAP when code matures!

#935 9 years ago

I love knockers too Heck! We can always add in a traditional knocker at some point. Just one of those things that got put on the back burner.
That right scoop (and every other coil) in the game is adjustable in Ben Heck's super menu system. I like it somewhere in the middle... not as fast as shown, but not an easy catch either.
The best is Ben's voice telling you which switch you're pressing when you have your head under the game (optional)... we use that all the time in final testing, and we still laugh at it... every, single, time.

The audible switch callouts in test mode are awesome. Hard to see the DMD when the playfield is up on any game and this is just a great touch.

#936 9 years ago

The game came in yesterday! We seriously played this game non-stop for about 9 hours. Other than the usual tweaks you would have on any new game, it performed with flying colors and is a blast to play. It's much more challenging than I would have expected and it definitely has that 'one more game' appeal due to the short ball times. More details to come...

10150535_10152395357606188_8383491541819421479_n.jpg10150535_10152395357606188_8383491541819421479_n.jpg

#937 9 years ago

"We put the "boo" in bootique pinball". lol

#938 9 years ago

Congrats!

#939 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The game came in yesterday! We seriously played this game non-stop for about 9 hours. Other than the usual tweaks you would have on any new game, it performed with flying colors and is a blast to play. It's much more challenging than I would have expected and it definitely has that 'one more game' appeal due to the short ball times. More details to come...

10150535_10152395357606188_83834... 68 KB

So give us some reviews guys. How's it hold up next to TZ and WOZLE coaster?

#940 9 years ago

The one at Kickback on route in Pittsburgh is sitting right next to a TZ

#941 9 years ago

Ok, here's my two day impressions on AMH. The first thing I noticed was how good the build quality is on this machine. The powder coating is really well done. The playfield has a nice thick layer of clear. The entire cabinet is all plywood and the game is heavy. Everything on the playfield seems robust. There are lots of metal parts, including the apron and real lockdown bar. This could easily be confused for a JJP or B/W game. The menu system is easy to navigate and the power is adjustable for every coil. Overall, the game looks stunning.

As for the lighting, the LED strips that are on the cabinet sides and in the backbox are awesome. Along with the ghost, they change color with the modes and have a wide range of colors and combinations. They can fade or they can change suddenly to create lighting effects. The only slight miss is that when the backbox strips are lit white, they tend to be too bright and wash out the translite a little. The other colors look great, though, and overall it's a nice new feature. The GI and inserts themselves are all pinballlife style LEDs in white. Some people have remarked that the game looks dark and I wouldn't disagree. Most of the playfield is just fine, but the back is very sparse on the lighting. Playing in a dimly lit gameroom, I can't really see the area where the pops and rollovers are very well. I think placing a few spot lamps back there will make a huge difference. Also, switching over to stronger LEDs would help for the GI.

The audio in this game is going to be a matter of personal preference, but it is definitely well done. The music and sound effects are top notch. I have run into a few minor issues where some dialogue is much lower volume than normal or two lines of dialogue collide, but this didn't happen often. Almost every line of dialogue has humor in it along the lines of Scared Stiff or the like. There is a lot of sexual innuendo, ball jokes and some lines that made every player stop and look at each other like 'Wow, did they really just say that in a pin!?' There were plenty of good laughs for us, but it may not be good for people who have kids. Fortunately, changing the audio is a breeze. I decided to try it out and only took me a matter of minutes to change a song in the game. All you need to do is swap .wav files on the SD card which plugs into the board and you're good. The audio hardware itself is the FF sub and speaker kit, but there's also cool amp mounted by the coin door where you have easy access to bass, treble, fade, volume, etc.

The flippers on this game also feel like a JJP or B/W game. They use 3 lugs on the coils. The flipper and sling strength was ridiculous at the highest setting on mine, but I had no trouble dropping the power down slightly in the menu to get it right where I wanted it. The game play is solid and the shots feel great. It's very satisfying to nail the ramps and bash the door, in particular, but every major shot is smooth and there's some nice flow and combos. I even found backhanding the right ramp on mine to be fairly easy. The shots also offer a good variety of challenge. None of the shots are too tight, but they definitely punish you for missing. One thing is for sure, this game is HARD. I would put this up there with BSD or FG and most ball times are very short. The scoop that kicks out on the right is also dangerous as the ball rockets out to the right flipper. I had to do some small tweaks to get the ball to feed to the flippers more cleanly, including the lane to the pops to prevent SDTM returns from there. Another thing that makes the game hard is that the slings are placed slightly closer to the flippers than on most games, so the ball is more likely to get tied up in the slings than land on the ball guide at the base of the flipper. The best players were only able to defeat 2 ghost bosses in single game, so far. There were no marathon balls for anybody, so the 4 player games stayed lively. We did run into a few code issues, like the photo hunt would sometimes not spot any camera shots or the ballsaver during Hellavator multiball would not expire.

Overall, this game is a lot of fun and it looks and sounds great. Some dialing in may be required, but my machine is performing like a tank so far. It leaves the door open for plenty of customization and personalization to suite your tastes. If you aren't afraid of a challenge and you like cheesy humor and spooky themes, this pin is the real deal!

Brian

#942 9 years ago

Thanks for the write up B!

#943 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

It's all about having several vids showing different lighting situations.
We could use a vid without spectators.
We could use a vid shot in the dark to see what it looks like with no ambient light.
Please DO make us a vid !
-mof

It's just as good as them just different. It's a crazy fun and difficult game.

#944 9 years ago

I did add 3 led spots and color matched the inserts. HUGE improvement. Huge!

#946 9 years ago

Here's some quick pics I snapped. I wish I could capture how the lighting looks in person. These shots don't do it justice.

AMH1.JPGAMH1.JPG
AMH2.JPGAMH2.JPG
AMH3.JPGAMH3.JPG
AMH4.JPGAMH4.JPG

#947 9 years ago

I added a mini ghost, skulls and lit the elevator green on front and behind.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#948 9 years ago

Nice touches, coaster! I am thinking of trying to add another LED light strip to the back of the playfield. It could probably be tied into the existing strips so that it would change color with the modes...

#949 9 years ago

I just added the 3 lights. One green in the back corner facing the southeast across the play field hitting the back of the elevator mostly.
One green right next to the elevator ramp you can see it in that pic.
Then I added one more blue just behind the stair case rail also seen in the pic. it was easy and made an improvement.
The little skills are actually bicycle valve stem caps I found on ebay for $10
A pinsider made the mini ghosts for pop bumpers but, I have not put them there yet. I think I may keep it like this.

#950 9 years ago

The audio amp is a nice bonus. How does the sound compare to typical Stern systems or Flipper Fidelity packages without the amp?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-art-for-americas-most-haunted-pricing-info/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.