Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fattrain
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8499.jpeg
941233_597614086924537_580737137_n.jpg
Sockets-02.jpg
Sockets-01.jpg
tftc-naked-02.jpeg
tftc-naked-01.JPG
Wireform-Packed.JPG
TFTC-Spinners-02.jpg
TFTC-Spinners-01.jpg
IMG_1861.JPG
IMG_1849.JPG
IMG_1844.JPG
IMG_1842.JPG
IMG_1831.JPG
IMG_1823.JPG
IMG_1789.JPG

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

A lightly moist towel (or 10) to get off most of the dirt layers.3. Then probably a little simple green on a rag (or similar) around the PF.blockquot

Do not use water on the rag. Camp fuel (Naptha) works well and whe wood in the PF will not "soak" it up.

I thought I posted all below text, but it does not seem to show up...so here goes again.

As for the prototype....

My TFTC has those hotdog inserts in the head as well. I contacted Johb Borg (Designer) about it and he said it was not a prototype. John said that real prototypes have a spelling error on them (Apron area IIRC) I also think he said something about different colours.

John also said that the hotdog inserts were not from the factory and that someone probialy insetrtd them with a router.

Now that I see several people with the same inserts, I am beginning to think they are indeed factory.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from temlog:

I am fairly certain my TFTC is a prototype or sample. Don't have the green hotdogs though.

Your one has the alternate text under the captive ball too, 'Spot A Target'. The left apron text doesn't make much sense on yours, so maybe that's the misprint Pharaoh is talking about. That one must be pretty early with all those different mode labels. The proto software must have been quite different, shame there are no ROMs around. Does yours have up to date ROMs now?

Looks like it's in great shape too!

Edit - the ball trough on yours is totally different too

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from videobrain:

Your one has the alternate text under the captive ball too, 'Spot A Target'. The left apron text doesn't make much sense on yours, so maybe that's the misprint Pharaoh is talking about. That one must be pretty early with all those different mode labels. The proto software must have been quite different, shame there are no ROMs around. Does yours have up to date ROMs now?

Unfortunatly the guy I bought it from had the ROMS switched out to the most recent. Would have been nice to have the originals.

It's in good shape, a few cabinet dings that was due to multiple moves by the previous owner.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from pharoah007:

John also said that the hotdog inserts were not from the factory and that someone probialy insetrtd them with a router.

This is not true and i just set borg straight via email lol. He agreed with me They where from teh factory. There is less than 100 of the inserted games out there. LTG had one as well. Thats who first told me about many cycles ago.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

This is not true and i just set borg straight via email lol. He agreed with me They where from teh factory. There is less than 100 of the inserted games out there. LTG had one as well. Thats who first told me about many cycles ago.

Nice, mine has those as well.... good to know!

-Mike

#56 7 years ago

Got an update for us fattrain?

#57 7 years ago

The lockdown bar is definitely going to get the scrub down.

IMG_1741.JPG

#58 7 years ago

More Crusty Stuff

IMG_1789.JPG

#59 7 years ago

My Dirty Balls (lol)

IMG_1823.JPG

#60 7 years ago

Ramp & Wireform Off

IMG_1831.JPG

#61 7 years ago

that is a messy game. i have a starship troopers right now that looks like that. i don't understand why people take the glass off when they store it. i would rather wipe off 10 years of dirt from the glass than from the playfield.

can't wait to see more pictures.

#62 7 years ago

More pics of dirty filthy plastics as well as a MANGLED ball exit gate....

IMG_1842.JPG IMG_1844.JPG IMG_1849.JPG

#63 7 years ago

All the wireforms

IMG_1861.JPG

#64 7 years ago

Machine is going to look sweet after Justin is done with it. Can't wait to see the updates on this machine! TFTC is an awesome pin! A steal for what it offers for the price.

#65 7 years ago

The good news is topside tear down on this machine is not very hard. Looking good so far.
That LED pic makes me want a TFTC again though looking away now.

#66 7 years ago

That gate looks like a guillotine, leave it! Lol.

#67 7 years ago

So some "purists" my hate this but I have to get the 4 wireforms re-plated anyways so I am going to do a pretty cool "colored" combo for them

Stay tuned

#68 7 years ago

Some "scans" of the spinners for anyone who may need them (*cough* Crash *cough*).

They were actually the nicest piece on the playfield out of everything, lol.

TFTC-Spinners-01.jpg TFTC-Spinners-02.jpg

#69 7 years ago

You going to put the hardware in a tumbler and see how they clean up? And stop showing off your disgusting balls!

#70 7 years ago

Wow thanks! Thought it would be weeks before you scanned these, lol.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You going to put the hardware in a tumbler and see how they clean up? And stop showing off your disgusting balls!

The balls are getting replaced (obviously) so you won't have to look at them again

Hardware is getting tumbled and/or replaced as needed.

Quoted from Crash:

Wow thanks! Thought it would be weeks before you scanned these, lol.

You're very welcome my friend

#72 7 years ago

I've heard replacing screws is cheaper, unless you want to tumble them and pick tiny granules of tumbling agent out of them.

#73 7 years ago

This looks like a fun, time consuming project. Looking forward to the finish product, good luck.

#74 7 years ago

Already have those spinner decals fixed up and on the sheet.

#75 7 years ago

Wireforms Packed for shipping off to a certain someone who will make them "special"

(and no, I can't elaborate more than that)

Finding a box that would fit them was a pain in the ass so I had to "adjust" my own, lol.

Wireform-Packed.JPG

2 weeks later
#76 7 years ago

How's this coming along?

#77 7 years ago

Slow and steady

I actually had Rob Anthony check the boards that came with it so I didn't explode anything when I got them all installed to test out different lighting options.

I plan to be installing the boards in the next few days and diagnosing any mechanical / electrical problems from there

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive asked around if upgrading to a newer model is cost efficient and it just isnt, apparently its also frowned upon by your friends older models too

but is it frowned upon by your friends? I think not! (actually, I believe that high-fives and atta-boys all around are had

#79 7 years ago

Awesome project! Nothing more satisfying then bringing them back from the dead...no pun intended

1 month later
#80 7 years ago

How's this coming along?

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

but is it frowned upon by your friends? I think not! (actually, I believe that high-fives and atta-boys all around are had

No your friends older models (wives )

1 month later
#82 7 years ago

How's this coming along?

#83 7 years ago

How cheap did you get this if you dont mind me asking? Looks to me (a little naive maybe) that the playfield will clean up nice. Those posts and such look to be the worst part. Good luck, cant wait to see progress.

2 months later
#84 6 years ago

I haven't had time to work on this since "life" has kept me busy with other things but I did want to post updated pics of the wireforms I got back. These pics really cannot do them any justice but here's some eye candy none-the-less....

// Error: Image 56074 not found // // Error: Image 56075 not found // // Error: Image 56076 not found // // Error: Image 56077 not found // // Error: Image 56078 not found // // Error: Image 56079 not found //

#85 6 years ago

Lookin' good! Polish that metal, add those rubbers, and don't forget the LEDs!

1 month later
#86 6 years ago

So the corrosion was a little "above my pay grade" so I have enlisted the help of another local pin nut to help me really tear this all the way to the core & tumble everything, e.t.c.

He just got it on the rotisserie - So I figured I'd slap up a pic or two

tftc-naked-01.JPG tftc-naked-02.jpeg

#87 6 years ago

Slowly coming along huh?

#88 6 years ago

its going to look great i like the green & pupple ramps... that sucker was sure dirty

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Slowly coming along huh?

Ha. Slowly is an understatement. I'm running extremely short on pinball time these days between all the crazy different gigs I have going on so I was ecstatic when a local pin guy offered to help me out.

Quoted from Turboderf:

its going to look great i like the green & pupple ramps... that sucker was sure dirty

Those damn sexy powder coated wireforms are the only reason I didn't ditch this project, I just need to see it finished in all its glory with my own two eyes

#90 6 years ago

Rusty Sockets - All of them are getting replaced....

Sockets-01.jpg Sockets-02.jpg

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Rusty Sockets - All of them are getting replaced....

why?

#92 6 years ago

Powdercoat them!

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I haven't had time to work on this since "life" has kept me busy with other things but I did want to post updated pics of the wireforms I got back. These pics really cannot do them any justice but here's some eye candy none-the-less....

FatBoy:

The wire guides make the playfield look really dull, maybe it's just the lighting...but the new guide colors just really pop.

Robert

#94 6 years ago

Because I just can't help myself

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The wire guides make the playfield look really dull, maybe it's just the lighting..

It's either just the lighting or the fact that they kick so much ass that everything else "pales in comparison" hehe. I think once all the LED's get installed and light up the playfield and shine/reflect off the wireform it will looks really great!

1 month later
#95 6 years ago

Found this thread from the other TFTC topic you linked it in. Saw you said you're getting closer, glad to hear it. What's funny is I'd seen your powdercoated rails in another thread, but never realized what a project they were getting installed onto!

1 week later
#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Found this thread from the other TFTC topic you linked it in. Saw you said you're getting closer, glad to hear it. What's funny is I'd seen your powdercoated rails in another thread, but never realized what a project they were getting installed onto!

LOL. I know right?!?! My buddy who's helping me hates me right now. He said no more warehouse import basket cases for a quite sometime. I agreed!

#97 6 years ago

About to go back in the cabinet....

// Error: Image 99408 not found //

#98 6 years ago

941233_597614086924537_580737137_n.jpg

3 weeks later
#99 6 years ago

Any progress?

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

About to go back in the cabinet....

Fat-Guy...looks great.

Robert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside