• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redrock.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Making progress with my Gottlieb King Pin. Rebuilt all four flippers but one doesn't work. Swapped coil with a good one but no help. Tension of the spring is OK (compared with the other three.) It just will not pull in but moves freely by hand. Any suggestions?

#3 4 years ago

Well...all four switches were new. When I shorted the one in question the coil pulled! I tightened the contacts and it works! Thanks so much for your help.

As an aside, the King Pin schematic shows six places for "3-5 Ball Adj." But for the life of me I cannot find any physical adjustments. Would you have any idea what's going on?

#7 4 years ago

When you find it, it's obvious! Near the transformer, to the right of the 1st and 2nd Coin Chutes, is a female Jones connection with two rows of six jacks. But the male plug has only one row of six...just move the plugs over.

I don't want to overstay my welcome but the reason I have been looking for this is that the reset/start sequence seems to run OK except that the Ball Count Unit doesn't rotate to the first ball. I have to manual move it and then the playfield is OK.

Any suggestions?

#8 4 years ago

I should have added there looks like two possible paths to increment the Add Ball Count Unit: (1) Motor 1A > Sw O, or (2) Through the Trough Switch and et al.

#10 4 years ago

I took apart the unit and it works great as I manually move the coils by hand. The start sequence resets the unit but then doesn't move the arm to the first ball. I think that I need to really understand the whole start sequence first.

One question, since the add is a pulse from the score motor to the Ball Count Unit, would I need an oscilloscope to see the pulse; a voltage meter really wouldn't work for the short duration of the pulse?

#13 4 years ago

Thanks frunch, you have been most helpful. The switches are hard to see and I have turned the motor but have not really checked each switch -- which I can do with a meter. So that will be my next step, along with better understanding the start sequence.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redrock.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/filpper-not-working?tu=redrock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.