8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by toddtuckey
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have been collecting 16mm and 8mm films since I was 10. Any other film collectors here? I know there are a few...

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Todd at TNT is a collector

I used to live in NJ and work in PA so Todd and I became friends. Todd used to loan me awesome films to take home and show the family. Really a good person.

I have been working on a Laurel & Hardy 16mm collection. I used to collect the 8mm and Super 8 films as a kid and when I got back into collecting in 1999, I started collecting 16mm. I need about 13 short films and 5 features to be complete. The 13 shorts are mostly silent and silent films are harder to find in 16mm. Fun hobby but on the costly side.

1 week later
#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Wow, I have 100's of 16mm from features to educational and ad's. My prize is a 16mm copy of Metropolis (Fitz Lang 1927) » YouTube video
I have a fair bit of 8mm and Super 8 including 6 Jonny Holmes, I also have a bunch 9.5mm Path which I have never seen (No Projector).
I also had a few features on 35mm, but gave them away when I sold my 2 x 35mm projectors.

Awesome! My prize 16mm film is John Barrymore in "Don Juan". A beautiful 1976 50th anniversary print. "Metropolis" or "Diary of a Lost Girl" would surpass it for sure. My Laurel And Hardy collection is at about 85% complete on shorts and 70% complete on features. The short silent films are the hardest to find.

#12 8 years ago

This is my Laurel & Hardy short film wanted list. I have everything not listed (sometimes in multiples). Need a few features as well, but not in any hurry (have the best of the features except a good copy of "Babes in Toyland").

Looking for the following Laurel & Hardy shorts:

The Lucky Dog
Forty Five Minutes From Hollywood
Duck Soup
Why Girls Love Sailors
Sugar Daddies
Sailors Beware
The Second Hundred Years
Now I'll Tell One (Charley Chase)
Call Of the Cuckoo
Flying Elephants
The Finishing Touch
From Soup to Nuts
Their Purple Moment (Need two copies of Reel 1 but will buy both - or trade a reel 2 for a reel 1)
Should Married Men Go Home
Early To Bed
Habeas Corpus
We Faw Down
Unaccustomed as We Are (Sound)
Bacon Grabbers
Twice Two

9 months later
#13 7 years ago

This is my updated Laurel & Hardy Want List:

The Lucky Dog
Forty Five Minutes From Hollywood
Duck Soup
Why Girls Love Sailors
Sugar Daddies
Sailors Beware
The Second Hundred Years
Now I'll Tell One (Charley Chase)
Call Of the Cuckoo
Flying Elephants
Early To Bed
Habeas Corpus
We Faw Down
Unaccustomed as We Are (Sound)
Bacon Grabbers

Features:
Utopia
The Devil's Brother (Fra Diavelo)
Hollywood Party
Bonnie Scotland
Great Guns
Air Raid Wardens
The Dancing Masters
Nothing But Trouble
The Big Noise

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did you know Wes Shank?

No, but Todd Tuckey of TNT used to loan me films from time to time. Todd is an awesome guy and a great friend.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I've been wanting to get into collecting films for years - where the hell do you guys find these? I've always wanted a 16mm (or, hell, 35mm) of Jaws and Star Wars

There's forums for everything, start at: http://16mmfilmtalk.com/

Films like those are VERY expensive, I'm talking "Stern LE" expensive.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/film-collecting?tu=awarner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.