(Topic ID: 190351)

Filling my personal arcade - WTB: GAMES!

By d0n

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pacmanretro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hotd1 (resized).jpg
    ct1 (resized).jpg
    1a (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (3) (resized).jpg
    unnamed (4) (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys, I run a small AirBnB (bed & Breakfast) from my backyard and offer my personal arcade to the guests. They absolutely love it but I NEED MORE & BETTER GAMES.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17170419

I need to fill my personal 30' x 50' arcade on the cheap. Games must be working 100% and be in "OK" cosmetic condition. I'm driving from Atlanta to pick up. So, the closer, the better.

Looking for...

skeeball game/s (1 or 2)

Nascar DLX

Daytona 2

Hydro thunder

Any 2 linked sit down racing games

Williams StrikeMaster Bowling game OR any DMD bowling game

and any other cool arcade game that my guests might like

unnamed (4) (resized).jpg
    unnamed (3) (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

I run a small AirBnB (bed & Breakfast) from my backyard and offer my personal arcade to the guests. They absolutely love it but I NEED MORE & BETTER GAMES.
    I need to fill my personal 30' x 50' arcade on the cheap. Games must be working 100% and be in "OK" cosmetic condition.
    and any other cool arcade game that my guests might like

It seems to me that some of your requirements are "mutually exclusive"...

>MORE BETTER GAMES.
    >I need to fill my personal 30' x 50' arcade on the cheap. Games must be working 100% and be in "OK" cosmetic condition.
    >and any other cool arcade game that my guests might like

"better games" conflicts with "on the cheap"
    "working 100% and in ok cosmetic condition" conflicts with "on the cheap"
    "cool arcade game" conflicts with "on the cheap"

But best of luck on your search.

Quoted from d0n:

Looking for...
    Williams StrikeMaster Bowling game OR any DMD bowling game

Well there were only two, Strike Master and League Champ.

#3 2 years ago

Needs more pinball!

#4 2 years ago

Get yourself a Gottlieb Strikes and Spares bowling game. Can be had for relatively cheap and is a wonderful competitive game. Doesn't take up much room either. I'd love to have one.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Needs more pinball!

Agreed but pinball games are expensive.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

It seems to me that some of your requirements are "mutually exclusive"...
    >MORE BETTER GAMES.
    >I need to fill my personal 30' x 50' arcade on the cheap. Games must be working 100% and be in "OK" cosmetic condition.
    >and any other cool arcade game that my guests might like
    "better games" conflicts with "on the cheap"
    "working 100% and in ok cosmetic condition" conflicts with "on the cheap"
    "cool arcade game" conflicts with "on the cheap"
    But best of luck on your search.

Well there were only two, Strike Master and League Champ.

thanks for breaking down my post.

When I said "better games"... I meant better than the games I have now. I have some pretty old crappy games.

When I said "on the cheap" I meant that I'm looking for a few less expensive games instead of 1 or 2 more expensive games.

Best of luck in your quest to post lots of nonsensical mush in members threads.

#8 2 years ago

Whoa. 160sqft house for 4 guests? Holy shit.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Remember, it's like a hotel room

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

we had 5 guests for 3 days recently. 2 on the queen bed, 1 on the cot and 2 in the tent on the deck. Granted, 3 of the 5 were kids (16,13,11) so it was fun for them.

5 adults...? Probably are not going to love it as much.

#11 2 years ago

I have a Nascar deluxe but it has the newer software (Team Racing) on it. $1900

And I have a dedicated Namco Rockin Bowl-O-Rama that has been upgraded a bit. Also $1900

Cheaper stuff? I have a dedicated Crazy Taxi: High Roller. $900

And if you want to recap a monitor, a dedicated original House of the Dead for $800

I'm moving at the end of the month, happy to unload some of the arcade games..

1 (resized).jpg
    1a (resized).jpg

ct1 (resized).jpg

hotd1 (resized).jpg

#12 2 years ago

I'd love to own that nascar dlx but $1900 is high for me. I just paid $900 for mine. Working and looking good but not with the newest software. I didn't realize you could update it? Hmmmm.

Plus, you're 755 miles away from me. It would cost me $400+ to get it shipped. Thanks for the post though. It's nice to know there are games out there.

#13 2 years ago

Why are you going so heavy on the sit down racing games, they tend to be more expensive than other arcade games. If it were me I would keep the Hydro Thunder and the Daytona USA and sell the others to fund the skeeball and the bowler.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

thanks for breaking down my post.
    When I said "better games"... I meant better than the games I have now. I have some pretty old crappy games.
    When I said "on the cheap" I meant that I'm looking for a few less expensive games instead of 1 or 2 more expensive games.
    Best of luck in your quest to post lots of nonsensical mush in members threads.

Wow, I am so sorry. I'm sure I am the only person to not understand the obvious intent of your post.

How could I not recognize that "on the cheap" meant "that I'm looking for a few less expensive games instead of 1 or 2 more expensive games"? Silly me!

Please do put me on ignore so that I shall never again take up your precious time. I will do the same for you to stop me from even possibly annoying you again. Really, don't even waste your precious time responding, I won't see it.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Why are you going so heavy on the sit down racing games, they tend to be more expensive than other arcade games. If it were me I would keep the Hydro Thunder and the Daytona USA and sell the others to fund the skeeball and the bowler.

Sit-down racers (and shooting games) are just super reliable, fun and "regular folks" love em. Pinball geeks (like myself) would rather see a wall of pinball games but dollar for dollar, arcade games are less expensive, need less maintenance and seem to appeal to a wider audience.

I've got a skeeball extreme coming. I'll find a bowler soon

#16 2 years ago

I have a heavily modded TZ for 1k

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I'll give you $1,100 if you take them off

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Can I call the previous owners to get the history?

#19 2 years ago

It was inevitable

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Can I call the previous owners to get the history?

#22 2 years ago

I'll just throw this out there.

Find a big buck hunter pro for under $1k and upgrade it to a world game adds tons of play and is cheap ish to do! Just did mine like that last year.

#23 2 years ago

I have a BBH Hunter World I'd let go for $500. Just not to you

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I have a BBH Hunter World I'd let go for $500. Just not to you

What do the kids say these days? SAVAGE?

#25 2 years ago

Thanks mitch. But, I was just teasing ericc123 because that was his response to my post in other thread

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I'll just throw this out there.
    Find a big buck hunter pro for under $1k and upgrade it to a world game adds tons of play and is cheap ish to do! Just did mine like that last year.

Thanks I will look into that. I have a BBH safari that gets some play.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Thanks I will look into that. I have a BBH safari that gets some play.

Oh! Well you just need the pro and world upgrade! If you don't have a distributor I can get you the contact info for the world upgrade I got. You can then get the pro and make yours the two games in one

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Oh! Well you just need the pro and world upgrade! If you don't have a distributor I can get you the contact info for the world upgrade I got. You can then get the pro and make yours the two games in one

"world" is "pro" & "safari" together right? What's the cost? thanks

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

"world" is "pro" & "safari" together right? What's the cost? thanks

Correct! It is pro open season + safari. Not sure if there were any add on packs to safari but it included the full pro and safari games. My pro to world was $600.

#30 2 years ago

Guy refuses to help someone. Starts a thread and asks for help

#31 2 years ago

Your guests would have enjoyed that F'd up TZ

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

I have a Nascar deluxe but it has the newer software (Team Racing) on it. $1900
    And I have a dedicated Namco Rockin Bowl-O-Rama that has been upgraded a bit. Also $1900
    Cheaper stuff? I have a dedicated Crazy Taxi: High Roller. $900
    And if you want to recap a monitor, a dedicated original House of the Dead for $800
    I'm moving at the end of the month, happy to unload some of the arcade games..

Thumbs up on the Bowl-o-rama. That game is a crowd-pleaser. Four players can compete in a variety of games, including trick shots and poker, in addition to standard bowling.

The programmers consulted with professional bowlers to create a genuine bowling experience. The player is able to add spin in the direction of choice as well as velocity.

Even pinheads tend to really enjoy this arcade video game. I know that I do.

#33 2 years ago

Hey gang, we've closed d0n's other thread many of you are referencing. We've all had our laughs with the delayed drama report on the TZ and ribbing on the nice Ford truck and what not, but no reason to continue the drama from that thread in this thread as the topic is unrelated. Thanks.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey gang, we've closed d0n's other thread many of you are referencing. We've all had our laughs with the delayed drama report on the TZ and ribbing on the nice Ford truck and what not, but no reason to continue the drama from that thread in this thread as the topic is unrelated. Thanks.

I believe many feel he deserves it and in my opinion justly so. Not trying to knock a mod, just my opinion.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I believe many feel he deserves it and in my opinion justly so. Not trying to knock a mod, just my opinion.

I totally understand. I'm just responding to the mod reports I'm getting that you guys don't see (not all feel the same way on this issue).

We, generally speaking, don't want a poster to be haunted forever for one rather odd thread. Certainly fine to bring it up, people's past comes in to play with everything, but we don't want people to be swept off the site with the pitchforks and torches due to one thread.

Anywho, have a good night everyone.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I totally understand. I'm just responding to the mod reports I'm getting that you guys don't see (not all feel the same way on this issue).
    We, generally speaking, don't want a poster to be haunted forever for one rather odd thread. Certainly fine to bring it up, people's past comes in to play with everything, but we don't want people to be swept off the site with the pitchforks and torches due to one thread.
    Anywho, have a good night everyone.

I understand stand that certainly. I also hope the Op understands the frustration the community can havr from any member who asks for help in one thread, but complains in another...

Karma carries over big time for most!!

I respect the opinion you have offered tiger, and will leave it at that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 22.50
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 244.99
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 279.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside