(Topic ID: 210317)

Filling holes to be re-drilled

By PBMike

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

What do you guys use to fill holes from screws that get pulled out of the playfield so they can be re-drilled?

#3 6 years ago

Thanks Atari_Daze, I am very new to all of this so I appreciate the help! Is there a type of epoxy you recommend? I followed your SBM restoration! It was very impressive.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks much!
    I would use titebond wood glue, wipe off any excess immediately with a damp cloth.

#5 6 years ago

Just to confirm I would just fill the hole with the glue, wait for it to set/harden and then I can re-drill to put the screw back in? It looks like the previous owner tried to use some sort of plastic wood filler.

#6 6 years ago

Fill the hole with toothpicks, bamboo skewers, or a dowel. Glue is not really a filler.

Coat whatever wood you are using with glue, jam it in, wipe up the excess glue let it set, cut off the excess wood (diagonal sinps or cutters work well and avoids playfield damage), and drill a new hole.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from PBMike:

Filling holes to be re-drilled.

I hate it when my dentist tells me I need that done.

#8 6 years ago

If the hole is not too big, I fill It with wood splinters, matches or toothpicks, always had great results

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/filling-holes-to-be-re-drilled?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.