• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0B9AAAB9-3AF5-435E-8BA5-A5D00AFA7921 (resized).jpeg
BCA59B00-94C5-4582-A712-CA2060065832 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

My Bride of Pinbot has a dent in the playfield underneath the heartbeat ramp drop that sometimes causes the ball to get trapped. It’s not all the time and never if it comes down the inlane but it happens enough to be annoying. What’s the best course of action to correct this beyond a playfield swap as that’s not in my budget.

#3 4 years ago

A pic of the area would be helpful....

However, without that, if the paint is still intact I'd get that playfield 100% level in all directions and would fill that divot/dent with clearcoat applied with a dropper, similar to how a cupped insert can be fixed.

If there is paint/artwork damage, a light application of bondo followed by some light small area sanding and touchup paint.

Check out vid's playfield restoration thread, 100's of great examples and ideas in it.

#4 4 years ago

any pics ?

#5 4 years ago

I have used epoxy or triple-thick polyurethane to fix similar playfield wear: epoxy for bigger work, the polyurethane for more precise.

#6 4 years ago

I use layered round vinyl decal disk to fill in cupped inserts on old EMs. They are different diameters and they go smaller to larger completely leveling out the insert. Would be a quick easy fix.

#7 4 years ago

I can get a picture. It doesn’t Look much worse than any other bride I’ve seen. The artwork is chipped off in that area. Surprisingly, the pop bumper area has basically no wear as that’s one of the few areas of the playfield mine had Mylar on it

#8 4 years ago

I had a bad trail mark in my lotr from a screw dragging on balrog. used plastic wood to fill it up, then just sanded smooth. worked/held up great and that's 4 yrs ago.

#9 4 years ago

Is there a playfield protector for this game?

#10 4 years ago

Here is the photo. Poor planked playfield. Got it looking as decent as I could by wiping it off really good and waxing but that doesn’t fill the cracks in the paint. At least it’s not “severe planking” where wood cracked too.

BCA59B00-94C5-4582-A712-CA2060065832 (resized).jpegBCA59B00-94C5-4582-A712-CA2060065832 (resized).jpeg
#11 4 years ago

Even though it’s planked, it cleaned up pretty good. Could be much worse

0B9AAAB9-3AF5-435E-8BA5-A5D00AFA7921 (resized).jpeg0B9AAAB9-3AF5-435E-8BA5-A5D00AFA7921 (resized).jpeg
#12 4 years ago

I would try as best I could to color match the paint in that area, and put it in thick or a few coats until it was more level then spray a little topcoat like polycrylic over it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/filling-a-dent-in-playfield- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.