Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by roar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

04592942-BFE3-4715-8C36-679045D65131 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

hi guys where can i find the file for the cactus canyon color display pin2dmd

#2 3 years ago

https://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html

You can find everything at colordmd.com

Select the game you want to download the file, then follow the instructions

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

https://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html
    Puoi trovare tutto su colordmd.com
    Seleziona il gioco di cui desideri scaricare il file, quindi segui le istruzioni

ok thanks but this is the rom for the display I am looking for the color file

#4 3 years ago

04592942-BFE3-4715-8C36-679045D65131 (resized).jpeg04592942-BFE3-4715-8C36-679045D65131 (resized).jpeg

I’m not sure exactly what you’re looking for. If you have a colordmd display these are the files to load on the colordmd unit. If you have any problems or questions I suggest you contact colordmd. Not sure if you have some other type of display- you’ll need to check to see what you have.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

ok thanks but with this rom the dmd becomes a
    colors?

#6 3 years ago

Do you have a ColorDMD in the game?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Do you have a ColorDMD in the game?

no I only have the display I am missing the color file

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from emy760:

no I only have the display I am missing the color file

Then that file is all you need. Just put it on a USB an load it onto the ColorDMD and you’re all good.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Allora quel file è tutto ciò di cui hai bisogno. Basta metterlo su una USB e caricarlo su ColorDMD e sei a posto.

Ok thanks so by loading that file I also have the color display?

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from emy760:

Ok thanks so by loading that file I also have the color display?

You have to purchase the colordmd display. the rom update doesnt make a standard display a color one.

#11 3 years ago

Maybe this guy is a time traveler looking for the CGC color file to upgrade a standard version to high-res color

#12 3 years ago

So do you have a colordmd display or the original display? maybe you can show us a picture of what you have

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Maybe this guy is a time traveler looking for the CGC color file to upgrade a standard version to high-res color

I had the same thought when I read this.

#14 3 years ago

Guys I have Pin2DMD display

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from emy760:

You can't update that to color. Different display, different company.

You'd need the color DMD ( actually LCD ) from https://www.colordmd.com/ and then download the file from the website for your game and install it in the color DMD.

LTG : )

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from emy760:

Pin2DMD display

PLEASE edit your thread title to include this. You can get to it by clicking EDIT on your first post.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from emy760:

Check VPforums, you'll have better luck there

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Check VPforums, you'll have better luck there

Still won't give colors on Cactus Canyon like a colordmd.com LCD.

LTG: )

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

pin2dmd can do some things colordmd can't but its all up to somebody actually creating the files, or you tackling the project yourself. Regardless, this doesn't need to turn into another pin2dmd vs colordmd thread, I'm just simply letting OP know, thats where they talk a lot more about pin2dmd projects. I agree though, it won't be the same as colordmd.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Huh, have a TOM with a pin2dmd. Color works just fine albeit it has errors. Pin2dmd is a pain to build your first one. The directions, suck. Once you work through the first it is really easy to pound a few out.

I am not a fan of the colorzation files. I don't care about paying 25 per game. It is fine. But having to reach out to someone with a multi year old thread on vpu to donate/get the files. A number of them are made by people who do not have the real machine and can have quirks. If they drop the project down the road and a new rom comes out (look at what planetary has been doing) you might have to ditch it or stick with the old rom.

Colordmd is:
    easier
    more likely to receive updates
    colorzations are more finely polished
    more expensive

This said, the op's incoherent thread tells me he has next to no business dealing with a pin2dmd.

#21 2 years ago

The flag tells me English isn't l likely his first language and the first post says pin2dmd, anyone replying with ColorDMD info missed that key detail.

Agree that PIN2DMD isn't as 'turn-key' or 'plug and play' as ColorDMD... that's what you get for a partial DIY project that depends entirely on crowdsourced material... you pay accordingly. There are some great sellers of PIN2DMD out there that can make it pretty easy for you though like dzorbas up here north of the boarder, I believe there is another reliable source in the US too.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

The flag tells me English isn't l likely his first language and the first post says pin2dmd, anyone replying with ColorDMD info missed that key detail.
    Agree that PIN2DMD isn't as 'turn-key' or 'plug and play' as ColorDMD... that's what you get for a partial DIY project that depends entirely on crowdsourced material... you pay accordingly. There are some great sellers of PIN2DMD out there that can make it pretty easy for you though like dzorbas up here north of the boarder, I believe there is another reliable source in the US too.

He edited the post, so nobody missed the detail, OP didn't provide it.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

He edited the post, so nobody missed the detail, OP didn't provide it.

I only read the request to edit the title of the thread, not the body, assumed (Bad on me) that the detail was always in the body.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/file-color-dmd-cactus-canyon- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.