Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6279 (resized).JPG
IMG_6278 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

This is the extended start button put on the System 11 FHs. I am doing a restore and trying to clean this up, without screwing it up, as they are NLA. Can the clean cap be removed? It spins freely, but I can't get it off with moderate pressure. Anyone ever pull these apart?

Thanks

Gerry
IMG_6278 (resized).JPGIMG_6278 (resized).JPGIMG_6279 (resized).JPGIMG_6279 (resized).JPG

#2 4 years ago

Anyone have experience with this button?

Thanks

#3 4 years ago

If it doesn't pop off easily, I'd go with no. Glue, heat, age, may have locked it on.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Anyone have experience with this button?
Thanks

I pull these apart often to make custom button colors.
I have a technique I just can’t even put into words well but if you place it on the edge of a counter with just the clear housing touching that edge and strike it downwards the clear cap will pop off.
There is nothing special about that button besides the yellow start insert portion so as long as you salvage that you can insert it into a new button assembly even if you destroy the clear cap or white actuator.
This may help or may not but that is what I know about it

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I pull these apart often to make custom button colors.
I have a technique I just can’t even put into words well but if you place it on the edge of a counter with just the clear housing touching that edge and strike it downwards the clear cap will pop off.
There is nothing special about that button besides the yellow start insert portion so as long as you salvage that you can insert it into a new button assembly even if you destroy the clear cap or white actuator.

Just like opening a bottle of beer.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks Chris. That did the trick. Do you know if the yellow inserts are available new anywhere?

Gerry

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks Chris. That did the trick. Do you know if the yellow inserts are available new anywhere?
Gerry

Probably not in that font. That is what makes it special on a sample FH.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fh-will-this-start-button-come-apart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.