Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkerins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I would be interested to see how easily your games are playing. I set mine up to be difficult from a physical/ hardware point of view. I have a FH and a TZ and getting LitZ is a very rare occurance. I have not tired the million plus carry over, but getting more than one mirror frenzy is a very rare occurance as well.
I will say that I know of a few people who prefer the tour the mansion strategy, but once again, if the game has big yellow rubber bumpers on either side of the chair and the swamp kickout, this may not be the safest way to score points on the game.
you can also check out the PAPA tutorials that Bowen does (I believe he has done a tutorial for all 3 tables) and see how he relates to each deck and the adjustments that have been made to them physically.
i can tell you that my FH and TZ are fast, steep and my TZ in particular has no posts by the outlanes and the rubber on the left hand side of the inlane/outlane is removed.
Talk to you soon!

I also feel the extra ball settings have a significant impact on these decisions. On TAF, each Mansion Tour also gives you two extra balls, so if you can make 6 rooms per ball, you're going to play for a very long time. Take away the extra balls and things get hairy: what if you don't make it all the way to Tour? There are other ways to score, such as multiballs and side-flipper shots, and those points can defeat someone dashing for Tour who doesn't make it.

On TZ, I don't see many players going for LITZ in competition. Multiballs are high-value and relatively easy to reach, so that tends to be the way it's played.

I agree with the concept that the best games don't have a dominant strategy, and that's what can make a game especially fun to play and fun to watch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkerins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fh-vs-taf-vs-tz-and-principle-of-dominant-strategy?tu=bkerins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.