(Topic ID: 233912)

FH - System 11 sound - can Roms be updated?

By fossmin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rygar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have had this game in storage for years and recently brought is out because I am going to restore it. I vaguely remember an issue with updated the roms with this system, but don't really recall what it was. Or am I remembering wrong?

Thanks

Gerry

#2 5 years ago

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but FH sound roms can be changed. Also, FH is not a sys 11.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but FH sound roms can be changed. Also, FH is not a sys 11.

He possibly has a sample Funhouse with the system 11 hybrid sound board? And it does affect the roms, but I can't remember how.

#4 5 years ago

Yes, I have one of the FH's with the System 11 sound board.

Thanks

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Yes, I have one of the FH's with the System 11 sound board.
Thanks

First time I heard of this - very interesting

#6 5 years ago

Since you have the sys11 you most likely have the p-6 roms from the samples and early productions. These cannot be changed. Some experimenting was done in the FH owners club though and it was found that you CAN change the sound roms, but it really doesn't make a difference as you can't use the 1 different callout since the older ROM doesn't have it.

I too have a sys11 game and you really aren't missing anything. There is really only one big difference and that is an additional light show and the 'you big sausage' callout.

Does your playfield have S-T-E-P or S-T-E-P-S and do you have red or green boards?

#7 5 years ago

My game has S-T-E-P and I have green boards. The main reason I was checking is because I have two FHs, and I am trying to figure out which one to restore and keep. I have this System 11 FH and a "standard" FH but it also has a Diamond Plated playfield. Condition is about the same. The System 11 FH might have a nicer cabinet by a hair. It sounds like updating the Roms is not really a big change in sounds or game play.

Thanks

Gerry

3 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fh-system-11-sound-can-roms-be-updated and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.