Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kcZ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20151224_230782_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I have the plastic but I was just questioning its use.
I stand corrected... it seems like HEP does put this plastic on all his games.
Looks like I will be installing the plastic tomorrow.

The general rule is that when something was there when the game was made, you generally want to make sure it's there when you do the restoration. It was there to begin with for a reason. (There are exceptions to this rule, of course...the Indiana Jones mode hole scoop being one big example.)

If nobody comes up with the answer to the screw question, I'll try to look at it tomorrow.

#6 4 years ago

I got the Pinbits replacement when I did my restoration. The plastic was there on mine, but it fell right off of the hinge when I lifted the old one off. The weak point was right where the metal hinge is. If it broke, someone may have taken it off and not replaced it. If the holes were there, the plastic was there. When I put the plastic on my new playfield, I had to mark and drill the holes in the PF to screw it in. Mirco (or whoever) didn't have those holes there by default. But I do believe that plastic serves to level everything correctly around the trap door assembly, and the switch should be adjusted to peek above the plastic, I think. How high above the PF does your switch stick up? That might be a hint to whether it was there or not...unless, of course, it was already adjusted down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside