(Topic ID: 96096)

FH, Corvette, and TZ cabinets Thanks Paul at Virtuapin !!!

By stephenshane237

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4769.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4549.JPG
IMG_4526.JPG
IMG_4524.JPG
CIMG1289.JPG
image-265.jpg
image-291.jpg
image-68.jpg
image-616.jpg
image-15.jpg
image-518.jpg
image-528.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20140610_135608_194.jpg
IMG_20140610_135549_929.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoahFentz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 9 years ago

Stephen, Steve, and Aaron, thank you for the kind words and posting pics of your replacement cabinets. We strive to provide the restoration community with the absolute highest quality replacement cabinets at the absolute best price!

To answer a few questions I've seen throughout this topic ...

Quoted from TaylorVA:

is there any bevel to them or are they just straight cut? Are the edges touched up with black paint or is the white the edge of the decal?

They are trimmed at a 45 deg. angle down the corner, so they would be beveled. The white is the edge of the decal.

Quoted from johnwartjr:

Is he providing the artwork? Is it licensed? Screened or inkjet? Does he have a site?

We purchase and retail ONLY licensed artwork. All of which is screened.

Quoted from mizzou:

Where did you get the FH decals from? I didn't see FH on the website.

Just because it's not listed doesn't mean we can't get it. A FH set would be $269.95, plus shipping. If we're applying them, shipping is FREE.

Quoted from CodyR:

Also, are the yellow letters on the back of the cab screened on or die cut vinyl letters?

Screened.

Quoted from 85vett:

My only thought now is if it would be worth the cash to have him build the cab, then ship it to someone to clear the cab and then ship it to my house. Clear may be overkill on the decals (if it can even be done right).

The Monster Bash previously posted was actually shipped to Back Alley, and when Matt saw it, he contacted Aaron and suggested to not clear it, as it was beautiful as is. He forwarded it directly, without clearing it.

Quoted from stephenshane237:

I agree on the sharp line on the sides I will have the whole side painted to the bottom next time, not sure I care if it's mdf or plywood, as long as it's new.

We do custom work all the time, and something like that would be nothing extra. If you want full black sides or the hideous overspray of OEM, we're happy to accommodate. I feel the clear cut lines look the cleanest and the best.

Quoted from McCune:

Mdf will stay nice and smooth, plywood will produce slivers in a few years . MDF looks nicer as far as I am concerned. I have talked with Paul and he said he would build them anyway I wanted them made.

Thanks for sharing your new cabs .

Quoted from metahugh:

I'll probably be getting one of these to finish my TZ restore, thanks guys for the pictures of the product! I will probably ask for one made with a mdf bottom. I have a spare TZ cab to restore but the mdf bottom is not coming out as clean as I would like.

In my experience, we're mostly replacing cabinets with MDF that's falling apart, so we made the decision to go all plywood. It's more durable, with a much longer lifespan. The way we designed them, you'd only lose 1/4" depth inside the cabinet, and you'd have no need to span lumber to mount the heavier components. We are happy to build cabinets with 'fibercrap' bottoms and backs upon request.

Quoted from Joshmx19:

Does anyone have any experience with the flat pack kits he sells? I was going to get one but I noticed on the drawing he provided there were 4 round vent holes on the back of the cab instead of the normal williams slots. This turned me off to his cabinets because it isn't original looking but I see the ones in your picture look correct so maybe I should give it a second look...

Due to the time and research involved in ensuring 100% accuracy, coupled with the fact that it takes longer to pack than it does to assemble, it's not feasible, from a business standpoint, to offer flatpacks on replacement cabinets. If you'd still like a flatpack to save on shipping, we're happy to accommodate at the 'Unfinished' cabinet pricing. I'll add the option to the site this weekend.

Quoted from TenaciousT:

So - Why is he not swamped building 250 Predator cabinets ?

As mentioned by Whysnow, we're doing them in batches, not all at once. No problem there.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do all his cabs come with the HD leg braces inside?

Replacement offerings include backboxes, too, so not only are the New Style Leg Brackets included, so are the backbox hinges. It makes shipping much safer, as well. We are also fabricating all the backbox braces, and those, too, will be included.

Thank you, everyone, for all the interest and kind words. We really want to help make preservation of our revered hobby affordable and long lasting. I am happy to work with anyone on any aspect of a build, and I'm just a phone call away.

http://virtuapin.net/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
$ 12.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoahFentz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fh-corvette-and-tz-cabinets-thanks-paul-at-virtuapin?tu=NoahFentz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.