Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wiredoug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

The Lois ramp on the mini playfield has stopped registering. I do notice that the other optos that register both outside loop shots have the red led lit, but not the Lois shot.

Could this be a faulty opto? Replacing or switching the best option to check right now?

#2 9 years ago

Hi!
I think the best way is to connect the louis opto in the brian or chris optos and see if its registers . Doing this, you can check if the problem is in the opto or in the connection/board...

#3 9 years ago

Totally agree, was hoping for a more simple solution....that mini pf'd is a bugger!

#4 9 years ago

Just want to check but I can just swap the optos (connectors, not the actual optos themselves) where they go into the board on the underneath of the pf'd.

If it works do I presume this is a board problem on the original opto connector? and the flip side is if the opto doesn't it a dead opto?

#5 9 years ago

Ok, so I plugged the Lois connectors into the Brian or Stewie...can't remeber...doesn't matter anyway as it registered. The opto glowed red and recognised the ball passing them.....

Does this mean I have a fault on the board itself?? Looks clean, no real issues that I can see....any help guys?

#6 9 years ago

its not a system i work on jardine but ...you essentially said "i bypassed one bit and it started working... does than mean that bit is broken?" .. yeah.. it does ..

I dont know the system... is it a removable pcb you can send to uncle ken?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

its not a system i work on jardine but ...you essentially said "i bypassed one bit and it started working... does than mean that bit is broken?" .. yeah.. it does ..
I dont know the system... is it a removable pcb you can send to uncle ken?

Yeah, it is removable....only a very small pcb...

#8 9 years ago

ill have a look later today for you

#9 9 years ago

Np, it's weird....the board looks very very good....eh...but what do I know....

#10 9 years ago

ok i read better .. its the 520-5239-01 board? you cant repair it for the pittance they cost if it is

#11 9 years ago

And looks like that board is in stock in Australia....and cheap too! #winning.

#12 9 years ago

Thanks for the help guys...had a weird feeling that i need to plug the thing in and try it again...did so and little bugger worked!!

Pull my hair out....all fixed now. Cheers.

#13 9 years ago

lol good on ya

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fguy-mini-pinball-optos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.