Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So bored with the shutdown, wanted to think what's the quickest pin I can think of to reach a wizard mode? I figure the number of shots if you were efficient and only hit shots that would reach the wizard (not count any shots that are gratuitous or just gain extra points)

I don't know if this is correct but of all my games I'd say Tron is probably the quickest to reach the wizard Portal.

Portal (all the ladder inserts lit solid plus a shot to the scoop to start).

I am using this for a reference to light solid all the inserts..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pinball-rules-questions

Flyn (1 shot)
    Tron can be 3 shots if using ZEN (3 shots)
    Gem (4 shots)
    Clu (4 shots)
    Recognizer (4 shots)
    QUORRA (6 shots)
    ZUSE (8 shots)
    Light Cycle 4 plus completing double super 3 shots (7 shots)
    Disc Battle (17 shots)

hit the scoop to start Portal (1 shot)

55 shots to Portal

What do you think, anything else require less shots to get to the wizard?

Anyone else bored enough to count up the number of shots for their games to wizard to see how they compare?

#2 3 years ago

Someone can correct me above, I don’t have the mental energy to figure out but you can kill two birds with one stone by doing Flynn along with qualifying Quorra or Light cycle. That’s an example but I’m wondering how many other shots can be combined qualifying Quorra and and light cycle for instance. Or stacking LC plus Clue.

Likely can get down to as few as 40-something shots.

#3 3 years ago

TZ LITZ
    STNG? - does the mode start light after mode is complete?
    IJ - I know this does relight....so maybe 12 or 13 shots?

#4 3 years ago

Stargate Eye of Ra can be reached in 7 shots if you just time out/drain out all the modes. You won't score well going straight to the wizard mode like that but you can do it.

#6 3 years ago

Cool thread. Now I wisht I woulda traded my ACDC for that Tron. I just couldn't do it. I have such a hard time selling any of my pins.

#7 3 years ago

T3 is pretty low

#8 3 years ago

JM only has five modes. Need to relight the mode start after the first one, so 11 shots total if you time everything out.

That gets a bit hairy though on WPC games. Some let you time stuff out, others stop on timers. Not sure which is which...

Quoted from mystman12:

Stargate Eye of Ra can be reached in 7 shots if you just time out/drain out all the modes. You won't score well going straight to the wizard mode like that but you can do it.

is that really *the* wizard mode though? It also has the Stargate multiball for completing all the segments. Seems like that's even harder than Eye of Ra, almost makes Eye of Ra feel like a mini-wizard...

#9 3 years ago

TFTC 25 shots
    mode start, lite mode, repeat

#10 3 years ago

Addams Family, ramp-chair for about 25 shots?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

JM only has five modes. Need to relight the mode start after the first one, so 11 shots total if you time everything out.
    That gets a bit hairy though on WPC games. Some let you time stuff out, others stop on timers. Not sure which is which...

is that really *the* wizard mode though? It also has the Stargate multiball for completing all the segments. Seems like that's even harder than Eye of Ra, almost makes Eye of Ra feel like a mini-wizard...

Stargate Multiball is definitely a little bit harder to reach but not by much and it's basically just a slightly higher scoring normal multiball. Eye of Ra feels much more like a finale since it has three stages which basically cover the end of the movie.

I guess that begs the question... What makes something a wizard mode? How it's presented? How hard it is to reach? How high it scores? I don't think there's a solid answer, haha.

I don't have access to my Stargate right now so I'm not entirely sure if these numbers are correct, but I think Stargate multiball could theoretically be reached in a minimum of about 16 shots.

4 for spelling STARGATE
    1 for quartz trade (If it's lit from the left inlane)
    1(?) for hurry up (Assuming the ball bounces into the bumpers without being shot)
    2 for combo
    1 for transporter (If it's lit from the right inlane)
    7 for lighting all the pyramids (Not to be confused with the pyramid shot or the pyramid modes)
    0 for sarcophagus (Unless you count the skillshot as a shot)

#12 3 years ago

This.
    Start game. (o shots required)
    Press & Hold EB button. (0 shots required)
    Shoot ball from shooter. (0 shots required)
    Shoot Slot OR Piano OR Defeat the Power (1 shot required)
    Start LITZ.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fewest-shots-to-reach-a-wizard-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.