• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171017_213255 (resized).jpg
20171017_213305 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I've been going threw my newly acquired star trek 91 and sorting out some issues ..
Right now I have 2 switches not registering in switch test .. switch # 27 lower left hole and switch #28 upper left top hole . Both located under the playfeild in the plastic run ways ..the other two switches under there are registering ..and they seem to tye into the moving drop target..
I'm new to data east games .. the switches seem to function in a continuity test ...I don't have the manual to this game ..I've attached two pics of the switches in question.. any guidance or suggestions would be aewsome ..

20171017_213305 (resized).jpg20171017_213305 (resized).jpg

20171017_213255 (resized).jpg20171017_213255 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Could it be the actual black switch? The super VUK switch on my TFTC needed to be replaced. When the metal wire came down onto the green tab....it wouldn't register. So I took the metal wire off the broken switch and placed in on a new one. Installed and boom....it worked again.

Or is it possible the metal wire on the switch needs to be slightly adjusted?

Hope this helps

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Could it be the actual black switch? The super VUK switch on my TFTC needed to be replaced. When the metal wire came down onto the green tab....it wouldn't register. So I took the metal wire off the broken switch and placed in on a new one. Installed and boom....it worked again.
Or is it possible the metal wire on the switch needs to be slightly adjusted?
Hope this helps

Sorry I'm new to data east ..haha
Vuk switch ? I can hear the click of the two switches in question ? I just bought the trek so play and what not are new to me . As is the workings of the machine ..all my others are williams ?
When I do a continuity check on the two the register as working ..

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Sorry I'm new to data east ..haha
Vuk switch ? I can hear the click of the two switches in question ? I just bought the trek so play and what not are new to me . As is the workings of the machine ..all my others are williams ?
When I do a continuity check on the two the register as working ..

VUK = vertical up kicker. (It's on my TFTC...and that's where I had a switch problem)

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

VUK = vertical up kicker. (It's on my TFTC...and that's where I had a switch problem)

OK gotcha...

I'm not even sure of the function of the two switches..
In play all seems to work..
I'm switch test when manually actuated they don't register ..

#6 6 years ago

I don't have a Data east ST so I couldn't tell you exactly what that particular switch does. Do you have the manual? It might be in there

For me...when my switch wasn't working....

a) I tried the switch test in the diagnostics (didn't work)
b) I bent the metal wire a bit to see if that would help trigger the switch (didn't work)
c) I replaced the little black switch by removing it from my machine and placing the metal wire onto the new switch.
d) I then installed the new switch....ran the diagnostic switch test and it worked.

Maybe post in a Star Trek members club?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I don't have a Data east ST so I couldn't tell you exactly what that particular switch does. Do you have the manual? It might be in there
For me...when my switch wasn't working....
a) I tried the switch test in the diagnostics (didn't work)
b) I bent the metal wire a bit to see if that would help trigger the switch (didn't work)
c) I replaced the little black switch by removing it from my machine and placing the metal wire onto the new switch.
d) I then installed the new switch....ran the diagnostic switch test and it worked.
Maybe post in a Star Trek members club?

Thanx man.
Ordering the switches tommorow and a few spares... haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/few-switch-issues-on-data-east-star-trek?hl=milltown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.