Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just picked up a nice RBION. Cleaned it, waxed it. The works. Few questions.

1. Getting quite a few ball hops from the rubber posts at the scoop. One jumped over the left outlane. Is this normal?

2. I couldn't find a ball saver option. Is there one?

3. Sound has a weird restart/skip in between balls. Normal?

Thx. Game is pretty darn fun. Wasn't sure how I'd like the sounds but they're awesome IMO.

SKB

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dig around in adjustments, I believe it is called Freeze Time.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Thx Lloyd. I dug around briefly, I'll dig further.

#4 10 years ago

I dont get many ball hops on mine from that area - maybe post a picture so we can see if things are correct there.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

1. Getting quite a few ball hops from the rubber posts at the scoop. One jumped over the left outlane. Is this normal?
SKB

I have seen some ball hops on mine, but not as frequent as this. You might want to check and see if those mini-posts have bent backwards toward the plastic posts.

#6 10 years ago

The ball saver may not be present in earlier Sw roms. You may need to update those

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The ball saver may not be present in earlier Sw roms. You may need to update those

I'm running 3.2. Think that's the latest. I'm not home so can't dig for it right now.

Quoted from BrianBannon:

I have seen some ball hops on mine, but not as frequent as this. You might want to check and see if those mini-posts have bent backwards toward the plastic posts.

The hops aren't very frequent. I'll check the posts. Also gonna check and replace the rubbers.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm running 3.2. Think that's the latest. I'm not home so can't dig for it right now.

Standard setting #38.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

The hops aren't very frequent. I'll check the posts. Also gonna check and replace the rubbers.

That post takes a beating. It eventually starts to bend back on every game. I remove mine now and then, clean around the hole, then reinstall it. Make sure it has the big factory flat washer on both sides. Changing the factory white post rubber with a black rubber helps. You'll still get an occasional airball, but not as often. If you do use white, use the small white post rubbers. Not the bigger ones.

On the sound issue, I would try a factory reset and/or reseat the sound roms.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Standard setting #38.

That post takes a beating. It eventually starts to bend back on every game. I remove mine now and then, clean around the hole, then reinstall it. Make sure it has the big factory flat washer on both sides. Changing the factory white post rubber with a black rubber helps. You'll still get an occasional airball, but not as often. If you do use white, use the small white post rubbers. Not the bigger ones.
On the sound issue, I would try a factory reset and/or reseat the sound roms.

Thanks a ton phish. Found the freeze time adjustment. And yes I just replaced the factory white ones with the miniature whites. If that doesn't do the trick ill either try black or reseed the posts. Thanks!

#10 10 years ago

Also -- the music does do an unusual 'restart' between balls. RBION is a great game that doesn't get much respect. I played one on on route a few years ago (knowing nothing about it) and was instantly hooked. Picked one up a year later.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes & No. RBION, on the later ROMs, eliminated a timed ballsaver and went to a scoring saver...which I believe is 40-50K points.
Earlier Roms has a very long ball saver time.

#12 10 years ago

Need to check mine too, at the moment my ball save is on points I think but it pretty much only kicks in if you hit nothing at all on your launch. The only place I get airballs from is the loop ramp from the bingo bit, ball is going to fast sometimes and launches off the side when doing the loop.

Really great game, RBION and WW I'll probably keep forever.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Standard setting #38.

Interesting, never knew that. Thanks for the info phishrace

#14 10 years ago

Grats on the RBION Eskaybee. It is the one I enjoy most on Farsight. Nice and quirky theme/music and looks pretty deep. Was on my wishlist for awhile but got cut due to running out of space. Maybe if I ever find a nice one decently priced locally...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Grats on the RBION Eskaybee. It is the one I enjoy most on Farsight. Nice and quirky theme/music and looks pretty deep. Was on my wishlist for awhile but got cut due to running out of space. Maybe if I ever find a nice one decently priced locally...

Thanks man. I'm digging it so far. It's got lawlor written all over it which I love. Dig the call outs and game so far.

3 weeks later
#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

1. Getting quite a few ball hops from the rubber posts at the scoop. One jumped over the left outlane. Is this normal?...Game is pretty darn fun. Wasn't sure how I'd like the sounds but they're awesome IMO.
SKB

I found that, on my version, the scoop itself was bent backwards (in my case, caused by a crack in the scoop) and that after bending the scoop back down to an appropriate level, the ball bounces were greatly improved (as were my shots to the scoop).

I actually throw out a big thanks to Pinball Arcade as their table shows a "proper setup" and was really helpful in seeing what the scoop should look like.

#17 10 years ago

RBION is a great game but takes awhile to understand the rules and objectives and because of this and for other reasons, I believe it's under rated. FYI but you may know this already, if you shoot for the skill shot and hit basically nothing, you can let the ball drain and try the shot again. Ditto on the ball scoop, if bent back properly should reduce or stop ball bounces. You might have to try several times to get it back right and I found it was throwing the balls SDTM and giving ball bounces until I got it adjusted right.

#18 10 years ago

I thought Lawlor didn't dig ball savers, i.e. TZ. He's so mean!

#19 10 years ago

I have ball hop issues when hitting the flippers or slings.....ball constantly hits the metal ramp across the front. I'm pretty sure there's a ball save option as mine has a short one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/few-questions-about-rbion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.