New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 157279)

Few issues with TAF

By dantebean

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinZig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

The first issue may resolve issue #2.

1. No matter how much I try I can never get the machine level. The right side is always higher. Would bad structure of a cabinet make it impossible to level? Would it have too much give to never be adjustible? It's always about 1 degree higher on the right.

2. Thing never feeds the ball into the kicker to send it to the swamp. I'm guessing because of the level issue but was wondering, anything else that may stop that?

3. Any way of getting the volume under 8? The location doesn't like the volume so loud.

Trying to help this location build a collection but so frustrated with this Addams that they recently purchased at my recommendation. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

3. Any way of getting the volume under 8? The location doesn't like the volume so loud.

There's a "music override" slection in the menus for WPC games you have to change

Quoted from DaveH:

A1 28. Change that to yes and you will be able to turn it down below 8.
image.jpg

#3 4 years ago

For #3 go to Adjustments menu A.1-28

#4 4 years ago

This leveling issue makes no sense. The leg levelers provide way more than one degree of adjustment.

#5 4 years ago

Is the play field warped? I had that problem on another game

#6 4 years ago

For #1 are you trying to use the rear legs to get it level?
Sounds like you could raise the rear left if you haven't tried using the rear levelers yet.

#7 4 years ago

I've used all legs to try and level it. I don't care about how steep it is I just want the left to right level which I cannot do.

Thanks for the sound fix. Just couldn't find the setting override.

#8 4 years ago

Have you made sure your floor is level? Are you using a clinometer or an old fashioned straight level? Get it as level as you can with the glass on, then take if off and measure directly on the playfield.

I just can't imagine what would be causing this issue.

#9 4 years ago

I will try with glass on and compare with playfield level. We have last night of league tomorrow and the owners wanted to use Addams for the finals I think. Is there a difference in widebody legs (Williams) and regular legs?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Have you made sure your floor is level? Are you using a clinometer or an old fashioned straight level? Get it as level as you can with the glass on, then take if off and measure directly on the playfield.
I just can't imagine what would be causing this issue.

This is the best advice.

There are a few possibilities.

First, the play field may not be sitting in the cabinet level. If that is true, leveling the game based on the cabinet or glass will get you nowhere. I realize this is odd but it DOES happen. Most likely cause is a broken or worn out (or screws getting loose) on one of the play field hinges inside the cabinet. Check those first. Look at the play field hangers that sit in the lockdown bar assembly as well. Make sure the metal ledge is level too!

So, to be absolutely sure you're level, don't use things like the cabinet or glass as other have suggested. That just tells you the cabinet is level, not necessarily the play field.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Is there a difference in widebody legs (Williams) and regular legs?

No diffrence. Legs on a widebody are the same.

Spelcheck edit

#12 4 years ago

I always use the playfield to level and I use the iLevel app on my phone. Hasn't done me wrong on the other 10+ machines I've used it on.

#13 4 years ago

In the game adjustments there is a setting to wipe-clean the thing flips memory... you need to do it every time you move or re-level the machine. I believe it is "U12 - New Location". Go into the menu (under utilities, I believe) and initiate New Location. Might as well wait to get your game level first...

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

In the game adjustments there is a setting to wipe-clean the thing flips memory... you need to do it every time you move or re-level the machine. I believe it is "U12 - New Location". Go into the menu (under utilities, I believe) and initiate New Location. Might as well wait to get your game level first...

That's certainly one way to do it, but it's not necessary. After 3 misses in a row, the Thing Flips resets, and will re-time itself until it starts reaching the swamp hole again. So all the OP needs to do is play a handful of games. OP, also keep in mind that it tries to maintain a 40% to 60% accuracy rate... so don't expect it to make the swamp hole 100% of the time.

#15 4 years ago

On my 'thing' sometimes the ball will fall squarely on his wrist. Ball won't come loose until it goes into ball search.

#16 4 years ago

Try the Pinguy app ... On the play field and on the glass ...

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

2. Thing never feeds the ball into the kicker to send it to the swamp. I'm guessing because of the level issue but was wondering, anything else that may stop that?

Is #2 happenning when Thing grabs the ball, drops it into the box and then it doesn't kick it through the subway to the swamp? Gets stuck in box? Sounds like a leveling issue or Thing's box may need an adjustment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville , FL
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Wanted
$ 109.99
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 25.00
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside