• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hurricane motor circuit.PNG
Pinside-TechDMD.gif
Pinside-TechEarlySolidState.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jimmyhonda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello, I recently picked up a Hurricane and the Ferris wheels aren’t working. All the connectors look good. The Ferris wheel opto is working. I also tried in solenoid test mode and they don’t work in that either. Any idea where to go from here? Thank you!!

#3 3 years ago

So, nothing happens in coil test? And the rubber around the wheels looks brand new. How would I test if the relay is bad? Or if the motor is bad? Thank you.

#4 3 years ago

Bump. Any help please!! Thanks so much!!

1 week later
#6 3 years ago

Bump. Any help out there? Thank you.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Probably not much help. But the ferris wheel is supposed to run non-stop as soon as you start a game. So I doubt it has anything to do with the opto or any solinoids. Were you able to check if there is any power going to the motor? Once you do, you'll at least know if it's a motor issue or something you need to trace back towards the boards.

Quoted from jaytrem:

Probably not much help. But the ferris wheel is supposed to run non-stop as soon as you start a game. So I doubt it has anything to do with the opto or any solinoids. Were you able to check if there is any power going to the motor? Once you do, you'll at least know if it's a motor issue or something you need to trace back towards the boards.

Sorry kinda a noob at some of this stuff. How would I check if there is power to the motor using a meter? Thank you.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

The transistor at Q66 needs to be tested. The transistor when grounded sends power to a relay board which then turns on the motor. The relay or associated board components could be bad, have bad solder joints on the board (common) or the connector is bad. If you have a meter you can test the transistor on the power driver board to see if its good.[quoted image]

Hello, how would I test if transistor is bad using a multi meter? Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jimmyhonda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ferris-wheels-not-working-in-hurricane?tu=Jimmyhonda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.