Ferris wheel on Hurricane

By uncle_jose

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hello!

I just got a Hurricane that has an odd behavior with one ferris wheel: the motor is fine, the red ferris wheels spins fine, the belt feels fine and is tensioned, but the blue ferris wheel is getting stuck in one particular spot. I have tried to find images or a video on how to disassemble and service the unit but I cannot find anything on this topic. Have any of you please enlighten me and point me to the right direction?

TIA!

~ja

#2 7 years ago

The assembly comes out from the top, and the surrounding plastics and elements have to be removed first. Once you get it out, the assembly is not complicated and quite obvious how to disassemble. The 2 wheels are only held onto the shafts by the E-clips. I suggest taking the wheels off and do a thorough cleaning on everything, DO NOT use any lubricant anywhere when reassembling. And regardless of how old the belt is, replace it while you have it out. Refer to the manual to ensure the path of the belt is correct, the last guy to replace it may have routed it around the pulleys incorrectly.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The assembly comes out from the top, and the surrounding plastics and elements have to be removed first. Once you get it out, the assembly is not complicated and quite obvious how to disassemble. The 2 wheels are only held onto the shafts by the E-clips. I suggest taking the wheels off and do a thorough cleaning on everything, DO NOT use any lubricant anywhere when reassembling. And regardless of how old the belt is, replace it while you have it out. Refer to the manual to ensure the path of the belt is correct, the last guy to replace it may have routed it around the pulleys incorrectly.

Awesome... this is very helpful! I didn't have an idea on how (or where) to start. Thanks much for your input!

Best,

~ja

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ferris-wheel-on-hurricane?hl=uncle_jose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.