(Topic ID: 197465)

Prog Rock is awesome!! Fans of the 10 min. keyboard solo!

By Frippertron

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by ExSquid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“The Six Wives of Henry VIII is?”

• Something a medieval guy did 4 votes
    18%
  • An epic keyboard album 8 votes
    36%
  • Patrick Moraz' nightmare 1 vote
    5%
  • Prog sucks 9 votes
    41%

(22 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a1646077148_16 (resized).jpg
Yes-close (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
DSCN2519b (resized).jpg
DSCN2477 (resized).JPG
bc31425e3b25913dcba88367dddec687 (resized).jpg
BD19 (resized).png
download (2) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 6 years ago

Nice! Love me some prog, this thread is supplying me with lots of bands I'm unfamiliar with to check out.

I remember being so pissed when I discovered Crimso that I could have been listening to it 20 years sooner!

My favorite band is the debatably progressive Rush. Haven't seen Gentle Giant mentioned, they have a lot of tasty stuff.

4 years later
#177 2 years ago

Reviving this thread to recommend an instrumental prog group I just discovered. It's called:

Giraffes? Giraffes!

I guess they are considered "math rock," a term I was unfamiliar with, but it sounds pretty proggy to me. (I do know society could "progress" if more people knew some math!) They aren't even new, formed in 2001 apparently. Another group I should have been listening to 20 years sooner (see my earlier King Crimson post)! I imagine there are lots more such groups, but this one really grabs me. Just their song titles are amazing!

Example: When The Catholic Girls Go Camping, The Nicotine Vampires Rule Supreme

2 years later
#207 54 days ago

It has been 17 months since this thread had a post. What's new and recommended for prog lovers?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fernandez-vs-ritchie-take-2?tu=DanQverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.