(Topic ID: 24747)

Fellow Iron Man owners, how do you have your game set?

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

munched (resized).JPG
IMG_6963.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi all,

I received my HUO Iron Man on Monday and we're having a blast playing it. Previous owner
took great care of it, but made some setting to his liking. I've since reset the game back to factory setting and I've opened up the outlanes back to factory spec, 2nd hole from the top.

I like to play in tournaments so I like my machines to play like tournament machines and not be a "gimme" with it being set to easy. But I gotta tell ya, with Iron Man set at the factory settings...holy crap, this game is brutal. Very fast ball times, and it's a good game if I can clear 10 million. The outlanes are killing me.

Anyhow I wanted to see how you fellow owners have your games set?
Outlane settings?
Replay value = Extra ball at what point value?
Anything else you may have done to dial your game in better to your liking.

Let me know...
Thanks,
Craig

#12 7 years ago

Man, after having the game set with the outlanes at factory settings, second hole from the top. This game is brutal..it's killing me. Average game is only a puny 5 Million. My son keeps telling me with a smile "I hate this game". It's too fast and over in a second..but he say's that with a smile as he's pushing the start button again, and again...and again.

JonM "Most important part of IM is not making it easy or hard but making it FUN!"

Couldn't agree with you more. It's all about a happy medium with that game so that it is still challenging.

These are the settings I'm going to go with.
3 - Ball per game
Extra Ball fixed at 25 Million Points
Outlanes will be set the second hole from the bottom (I'll try this change tonight and see if it still keeps it challenging). Right now the outlanes are so brutal a slingshot hit almost always results in the ball getting sucked down either the left or right outlane).
Loop Up-post disabled
Set Iron Monger to hard with no letters started at beginning of game. Will take center spinner shot to activate Iron Monger.
Rubber rings were already changed out to white prior to my ownership, with blue flipper rubber. Right now it's pretty bouncy. I need to at least change the flippers back to red.

2 months later
#22 7 years ago

I've got Cointaker Premium Non-ghosting LED's and they look awesome on this pin.
I too have the Bogey values white, yellow, orange and red. It looks great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherryville, NC
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside