DCC4345D-11BB-40AD-BBBB-18D226200F63.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
6A66BD35-5402-4F82-B5B1-ADE2501BDD71.gif
20190823_000038.jpg
FB24B37B-05E9-45F5-9B49-7B1BA75169E6 (resized).jpeg
1167F7AB-5F0F-48F9-A224-937FE0D8396E (resized).jpeg
jumping-the-shark.jpg
FONZ (resized).jpg

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

This website is full of bullies, and pinside allows bullies. So if I want to rate a pinball game a 10 you get flagged, you get ripped on, if I want to like a certain brand of pinball, well that isn't acceptable. If I think there should be video modes again, you get 40 downvotes. Why are their moderators telling people to respect others opinions when the downvote system actually encourages bullies, disrespect of peoples opinions. If someone says this game is overprices, or I don't like this game, why should anyone downvote you for that? its your opinion. I thought this was America. Downvotes are dumb. If someone rates a game a 10 that is their rating no need for flags. I think Batman 66 is a 10, JJP Pirates is a 10, Creature from the Black Lagoon is a 10, why do you get flagged for your own opinion? Honestly this site needs to be overhauled. Who cares what game is ranked #1 or #100 it doesn't influence whether you like chocolate and the next guy likes strawberry.

Everyone has different wants, tastes, opinions, and even if you don't agree you can agree to disagree without trying to drown out those people with bully weapons. I think that is the biggest issue with pinside there is way to much bulling on this website. Way to much!

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Downvotes are dumb

Fyi you’re going to get record amount of sarcastic downvotes now

No hard feelings

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Fyi you’re going to get record amount of sarcastic downvotes now

He's used to whatever kinds there are.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

When’s the next recession?

Australia? Next year, probably. Almost at 0% growth now, terrible exchange rate for Aussies.

USA? Probably Mid 2020, Early 2021. The actual start likely won't be seen accurately until 6 months later, though.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's used to whatever kinds there are.

I have to say coming from you that really hurts. I'm really hurt I think I'm going to cry now! Seeing how I look up to you and everything considering you're the LAW around here. LOL

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Australia? Next year, probably. Almost at 0% growth now, terrible exchange rate for Aussies.

If the Feds drop the interest rate, the exchange rates will come back to earth. We actually don't want a strong dollar in the midst of a trade war. Makes it harder for other countries to buy products from the USA like pinball games, or attractions I build. Canada usually has a weak exchange rate to the strong US dollar, which kills a lot of deals let me tell you.

I don't know how the conversation got switched, but I'm hoping the US will print more money, and drop rates. But trade deals we have with other countries is horrible... for example in Spain they charge over 30% tax to import from the USA. How can anyone sell into Spain at those rates?

I'd hate to see pinball manufacturing move out of the USA. You need better trade deals.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

If the Feds drop the interest rate, the exchange rates will come back to earth. We actually don't want a strong dollar in the midst of a trade war. Makes it harder for other countries to buy products from the USA like pinball games, or attractions I build. Canada usually has a weak exchange rate to the strong US dollar, which kills a lot of deals let me tell you.
I don't know how the conversation got switched, but I'm hoping the US will print more money, and drop rates. But trade deals we have with other countries is horrible... for example in Spain they charge over 30% tax to import from the USA. How can anyone sell into Spain at those rates?
I'd hate to see pinball manufacturing move out of the USA. You need better trade deals.

The Fed ain't dropping interest again any time soon. They shouldn't have done it the last time. When the next recession comes, they will have no tools to combat it since there's still a GIANT pool of off-book debt they bought to bail out the the US last time around. You shouldn't need stimulus in an expanding economy.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think that is the biggest issue with pinside there is way to much bulling on this website. Way to much!

Just curious, are those "get even, don't agree with their opinion, or just an angry "bully" response" down votes you gave post 102 and 103 ?????

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

But trade deals we have with other countries is horrible

Stop bullying people with incorrect economic theories

#110 4 years ago

So by lowering interest rates, the Fed will be expanding pinball and pushing out the Pinside peak? And by doing nothing, we will be locked in a holding pattern anticipating the rate cut.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#111 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Hey guys will a pinball machine fit in my crew cab f150 with 6.5’ bed?

I asked recently if a machine would fit in a Tesla Model X and no one replied. Still waiting on an answer.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I asked recently if a machine would fit in a Tesla Model X and no one replied. Still waiting on an answer.

hmmm

Quoted from shakenbake:

In a Model X yes. Model S you have to pull the head.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Model X will fit a pinball machine with head on easily. There is more room in the back of a model X with seats down than in my huge ass Mercedes GL450.

Quoted from andrewket:

I have an S and an X. If a pin will fit in an X depends on the seat config. I have the captain seats with the rear center console. I had to take the head off to fit a Tron. If you have the 7 seater with the foldable seats, it would likely fit.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So by lowering interest rates, the Fed will be expanding pinball and pushing out the Pinside peak? And by doing nothing, we will be locked in a holding pattern anticipating the rate cut.

If interest rates drop I'll cash-out refi and in all likelihood... buy more pinball. So.... Yes? The Fed can help Pinball.

Comon 30yr fixed at 3.25% again. I need some Pirates of the Caribbean Total Nuclear Annihilation

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

If someone says this game is overprices, or I don't like this game, why should anyone downvote you for that? its your opinion.

Because they disagree? That's what I thought downvotes were for. Nothing personal.
Easier than making a new post that says "I disagree".

That being said, I don't typically downvote someone just because I disagree with them. You'll notice though that some people have a way of stating things that people feel calls for a downvote or a more strongly stated disagreement.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Because they disagree? That's what I thought downvotes were for. Nothing personal.
Easier than making a new post that says "I disagree".
That being said, I don't typically downvote someone just because I disagree with them. You'll notice though that some people have a way of stating things that people feel calls for a downvote or a more strongly stated disagreement.

I disagree

2 months later
#117 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I disagree

Well I disagree with your disagreement, which, by default means we agree. To...disagree?

#118 4 years ago

it hasn't peaked, far from it!

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Has pinball innovation peaked

Mods have peaked...dudes copying each other and getting in keyboard wars over shades of paint

#121 4 years ago

Being an optimist, I think Pinside is still on its way up.

CH-2 (resized).jpgCH-2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feels-like-pinside-has-finally-peaked/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.