Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by TractorDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CH-2 (resized).jpg
DCC4345D-11BB-40AD-BBBB-18D226200F63.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
6A66BD35-5402-4F82-B5B1-ADE2501BDD71.gif
20190823_000038.jpg
FB24B37B-05E9-45F5-9B49-7B1BA75169E6 (resized).jpeg
1167F7AB-5F0F-48F9-A224-937FE0D8396E (resized).jpeg
jumping-the-shark.jpg
FONZ (resized).jpg

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 months ago

DCC4345D-11BB-40AD-BBBB-18D226200F63.jpeg

so what is next Stern?

#52 9 months ago

Pinside as a substitute for google search

#53 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

so what is next Stern? [quoted image]

Yeah, starting to feel a bit like Crocubot

#54 9 months ago

Is paypal safe and/or am I getting scammed?

#55 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

so what is next Stern?

IDK, better start a topic, with a POLL too.

#56 9 months ago
Quoted from farberstyle:

1. Dimpling
2. Remakes vs originals
3. Stern is printing MONEY
4. Unfinished code
5. The dude in Jersey that rips off int'l pinheads
6. JJP bashing/defending
7. The next stern release
8. Rich guy threads
What am I missing?

9. Does anybody here like pinball podcasts? (totally innocent here not trolling for Kaneda)

#58 9 months ago

I have $XXXX, what machine should I get next?

#59 9 months ago

The weather is cloudy right now... Pin sales are down.. Back to bed. Wait... Sun is peeking out... Pin sales are up!

#60 9 months ago

Does anyone know the eBay seller _____? I hate to do this, but...

#61 9 months ago

You what will really freshen things up? A good discussion of the top 100 list. The games I like should be in top 10 and all the other games dead last.

#62 9 months ago

Does the pinball machine work? Well, it did a few years ago. I think it just needs a fuse, the fix will be very easy "I'm sure of it".

#63 9 months ago

"Is [rare EM] REALLY worth $3500?!?!?!?!"

"I have a question and for some reason I think if I use 7 question marks instead of just one people are more likely to answer it ???????"

#64 9 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Vault edition speculation

Can I get a Tron VE thread STAT!

#65 9 months ago

Sadly I think Pinside peaked many years ago. Some people were saying it then but I just couldn't see it. Then pinstadiums came around and took care of that.

#66 9 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

What’s the best DMD for under $X,000?

Quoted from hAbO:

I have $XXXX, what machine should I get next?

Baywatch.

#67 9 months ago

#68 9 months ago

This pic is a great example of the camera and what it will focus on. Look at how bright the upper playfield on the pic on the left (Pin Stadium Off) and then compare it to the right (Pin Stadium On).

The upper playfield appears much dimmer on the right and it has way more light on it in person. This is due to the auto adaptation features of cameras, all those chips do instantaneous calculations. The right playfield now has really nice even lighting and no hotspots to distract the AI in the camera

It will make the opposing areas darker and others lighter. The Pin Stadium is lighting up the upper playfield even more and it’s darker. Crazy!!

Bottom line is that we all will chase our tails all day long with these new cameras and pics of the playfields. Just see them in person to believe is the solution for sure.

Oh man I have to agree that on that GOT where the flasher is hooked up it’s super powerful and even I would wear sunglasses for that. Dwight loves a good light show and there’s no denying (he’s a customer too go figure lol)

Moving it to another location to a flasher that does not pulse as hard would be recommended if it’s too much. Additionally you can just disable it so you have GI benefits only. So there is tons of versatility. Very good topic to bring up.

#69 9 months ago

Is it just me, or has all of the punctuation in postings gotten worse and weirder here recently? It is the hidden eight sign of the Apocalypse, I tell ya!

#70 9 months ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

The weather is cloudy right now... Pin sales are down.. Back to bed. Wait... Sun is peeking out... Pin sales are up!

Do you write for TWIP market trends?

#71 9 months ago

I was just mulling over deactivating for a while, just to permanently eject daily visits to Pinside out of my system (ha, here I am again . But, to the OP's point, the tone and balance of Pinside isn't what it was 4 or 5 years ago. It's a shame. I also feel the same way about Pinball podcasts. We used to have voices that really reflected the hobby/collecting and playing life and the games as games (thinking about early C2C... the Silverball Podcast). Now, it's just endless discussions about tournaments, new games, and people jockeying to be official news sources.

Anyhow, I've purged a lot of the Pinside nonsense by just blocking the knuckleheads... but the site has lost a ton of knowledge and passionate pinball people because the inmates were allowed to run the asylum, so to speak. I used to love reading the insights and inputs of some of the long-time collectors and repair folks. Unfortunately, a lot of them have thrown their hands in the air and left.

The real bummer is: that never had to happen. But, some of those really strong/negative voices were allowed to push the community in the direction it's heading.

I wish I knew of a place where the old vibe could be re-kindled. The fact is, if you don't have pinhead friends that live in close proximity to your location (or if your not a league player), a place like Pinside was an amazing substitute that helped keep the hobby alive and fun to chat about. I do think a lot of that has been lost... I keep checking back in, largely out of habit (and I'm really hesitant to deactivate because I don't want to lose a life line for tech help or buying/selling). That said, I do feel like I'm to a point where I need to officially cut it off for a while. Hell, it might actually give me an extra 20 minutes a day to play a game or two.

#72 9 months ago

hopefully someone with 1-2 yrs in pinball will start up a podcast soon. We all could use their wealth of knowledge.

#73 9 months ago

With the recent surge of pinball popularity, do you think prices will continue to increase, or will the ‘price bubble’ burst?

Discuss!

#74 9 months ago

Pinball is hard

#75 9 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

hopefully someone with 1-2 yrs in pinball will start up a podcast soon. We all could use their wealth of knowledge.

POTW

I seriously just coughed up some of my salad

#76 9 months ago

"Do you get a seasonal flu shot?"

I mean WTF?

#77 9 months ago

I believe there has been a terrible mistake here.

The OP made a typo. He wrote peaked when he actually meant PEEKED. He's paranoid that like facebook and other social media sites, that what ever you post is being scrutinized. Maybe even before it goes up.

Games you like. Sexual preferences. Great deals. Pictures. Things you posted that could be beneficial to others or what if they fell into the wrong hands. And we don't know who these wrong hands are.

It's anarchy I tell you. Think twice about what you post. You never know who will see it.

LTG : )

#78 9 months ago

Why don't I win a free game every time??

#79 9 months ago
Quoted from guard:

Why don't I win a free game every time??

Do you own Captain Fantastic?

#80 9 months ago

Top 5 haven't changed in what 10 years?
Save for an occasional misleading spike by a new pin, it always goes back to the same ol dusty 5.
This doesn't say a lot for new designs,manufacturers. or the value since no one gets a price break if the pin doesn't get into the top 20.
This does not help to keep thing interesting here. After selling off my last pin a few years ago I check back now and again to see if anything has changed.
Not surprised when I am met with a big nope.

#81 9 months ago

If I decide to buy a Lebowski from Cointaker would that make me a morally decrepit douchebag?

#82 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, could you please donate me one??

#83 9 months ago
Quoted from guard:

No, could you please donate me one??

Nah. Mine didn't last a week.

#84 9 months ago

HAI I'M FROM WISCONSIN and I have opinion about pinball. Yes.

-- 95% of the forum comments.

#85 9 months ago

Listen, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I have a lot to say and I'm going to use the entire text box to do it.

#86 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The OP made a typo. He wrote peaked when he actually meant PEEKED

I don't know but you have PIQUED my interest.

#87 9 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

This thread has finally peaked!!!

#88 9 months ago

GoFundMe, my EBT card stopped working!

#89 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK. o-din we are in agreement.

Captian Fantastic certainly has a place in the pinball universe. Most people know of it, many have played it, and owned them. Many people have sold them off to someone else new to Pinball.

#90 9 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

This thread has finally peaked!!!

Word

#91 9 months ago
Quoted from s1500:

HAI I'M FROM WISCONSIN and I have opinion about pinball. Yes.
-- 95% of the forum comments.

Now this is some funny shit. Things have been more quiet recently though...

#92 9 months ago

Speaking as a relative newbie 3 1/2 years in. Peaked? Who knows or cares. Pinside has been a wealth of information and help from people who obviously know their shit, are very helpful and free with advice and even the occasional obscure part, and love pinball.

It also is still a valuable place for me to research games as I look to buy the next, (just bought 30th) fixer.

So still happy to check here daily, and just tune out the lunkheads and bs.

#93 9 months ago

Pinside done peaked years ago and been rolling downhill. It’s why half the people show up. Everyone loves a dumpster fire.

#94 9 months ago

I've had that Price Is Right yodeling song stuck in my head since I made that video.

#95 9 months ago

What no one has realized is that 3 years ago when Stern was being hammered for Ghostbusters playfield issues daily that Stern executed order 66. At that point Stern agents infiltrated Pinside and began chipping away at the site one post at time, one "Are JJP's good", one "immaculate Baywatch" for sale thread, and one "Why are Stern's the best" thread at a time. It was all to Stern's design and no one realizes it, the Pinside WOZ wars of 2013, all of it I tell ya! I'm typing this from a remote bunker.

#96 9 months ago

Why is Whitewater $6,500 and up when there are plenty for sale at $4500?

#97 9 months ago

I noticed one of the big noise guys has been missing lately ...

I thought wow, a lot of threads have less noise in them - now I know where one of the noise makers went - Frozen.

Cool - Frozen - Cool !

#98 9 months ago

People bitching about Ghostbusters code like it will cure cancer.

#99 9 months ago

Must be at a peak, even this popular talk show host is talking about pinside...

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1495592/Has-Stern-taken-maximizing-profits-too-far

#100 9 months ago
Quoted from farberstyle:

2. Remakes vs originals

And on queue, AFMr vs OG thread....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 37.50
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside