Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

boob1.gif
InBeforeTheLock1105.jpg
hung_far_low.jpg
ASSHOLEOMETER2.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I was in for a Hobbit pre-order 6 months ago, but pulled out the $ for the final Tron run. Good decision! Plus, I figured I'd have plenty of time to get back in. I'm prepared now to get back in, but I was hoping to know a little more about the game by now. Has anyone seen or heard anything lately? That partial schematic was barely a tease.

Jack has 2 major reveals of THLE in the next 2 weeks, I think Aug 31 was the preorder deadline, and only 50 or so left of the 1500 LE's - if you want in from pinballsales.com at the current price you shouldn't wait.

#52 10 years ago

Good question! Is the only difference on WOZ vs WOZLE the powder coated trim and signed apron? Are all other game features & toys the same?

Nope. Besides the signed wood apron, certificate etc.
Invisiglass, shaker, some additional goodies shipped with the game, different topper, personalized software with your game #/owner name.

Plus I think there are more surprises for ECLE owners Jack hasn't revealed yet.

But unlike other premium and LE models we've seen lately, the gameplay, software, video quality, playfield layout and toys, side art and backglass are all features both versions will have.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If anything the cost should go down. He knows what he needs and can buy in huge bulk. Especially universal stuff that he knows hes going to use for the next 4 games or so. You have more money invested when your starting up, and costs for the first game is going to be higher than anything you make after that. Once your up and running as a production facility is should be cheaper. He should be able to hold the same price if not less and recoup his startup costs over time. But he's trying to get it all at once and pushing the price point, to see how high he can go before people stop preordering and buying. Pushed many of us out with the last greedy preorder increase of $1000 over WOZ. And that's a minimum of 2 years in advance without even a picture. Not that anyone should ever buy a machine without playing it first anyway, but this is really out of line. As long as people are dumb enough to keep buying, he will continue to push the envelope higher. And why not? He's in business to make money. If people buy without thinking, he should keep raising the price for more profits. I'm not falling for it, from either him or Stern. When the greed subsides because he's on the verge of going out of business, and lowers his price back down to a reasonable level, then I might reconsider.

I disagree - costs will go down, b/c the factory and other fixtures and fixed cost will be spread over more units. Production R&D and setting up the line, etc, etc. Most of the drawings (100's) that the team did were for rejiggered Williams mechs, coils, etc. that were upgrades based on 20 years of better materials and mfg techniques.

But price will rise to equal quantity demanded - same as I learned it in Econ 101 30 years ago. Jack has a waiting list of 100+ on WozECLE, the price should have gone up more to clear that list - the price was kept the same. Hobbit LE price will go up on the secondary market , just like the $6500 preordered wozECLE went for $9400 the other day. It sucks some can't afford the $7500 for a Hobbit, but it sucks that you don't have $15k for a MMadness too.

The production line is ramping up. By December, I bet we will be seeing orders filled in a few weeks, and all the 27 month wait guys will be happy that those new orders are being filled in weeks not years.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Hobbit will end up being a 2015 game at best IMO, so there is plenty of time for JJP updates after each of the last two Hobbit movies are released.

I'd bet extra $ ( I already have a fully paid THLE order, so have $ in the bet already!) that Hobbits will roll out in 2014 as planned.

#55 10 years ago

Last post on this one for me - its deja vu all over again, once more, again.
Robin should close this one now - its just an addendum the 700+ post thread he just closed.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I think Aug 31 was the preorder deadline, and only 50 or so left of the 1500 LE's

With everything that's happened/happening there's no way he's sold that many hobbits. None of the people I know who bought a Woz, and are still waiting to get it, preordered hobbit.

#57 10 years ago

I really hope that there is not too much info released on the Hobbit until it is close to finished. I have a feeling it will be hard to release some things due to to the upcoming release of movies.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Jack has 2 major reveals of THLE in the next 2 weeks, I think Aug 31 was the preorder deadline, and only 50 or so left of the 1500 LE's - if you want in from pinballsales.com at the current price you shouldn't wait.

Bwahahahaha

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

if you want in from pinballsales.com at the current price you shouldn't wait.

I thought Jack stopped posting here?

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Robin should close this one now - its just an addendum the 700+ post thread he just closed.

And how many of those were yours?... oh, and thanks for bumping a two day old thread that needed to be closed.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

With everything that's happened/happening there's no way he's sold that many hobbits. None of the people I know who bought a Woz, and are still waiting to get it, preordered hobbit.

I think a lot of distributors are trying to buy more. In my area the distributor who bought about 40 WOZ also has games on routes. They put the proto WOZ game on route and with unfinished code, it was raking in better cash than any other pin they had. A couple of people that work there validated the same info. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't trying to increase the order for the Hobbit. I bought a WOZ from the same distributor and I have an order for the hobbit from them. As soon as I played their proto WOZ last December I was sold. Wouldn't you try and buy more if it brought in more cash?

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I don't think Robin or the mods have to close every discussion related to JJP, Stern, etc.

Maybe there should be an ignore thread tan now for those that don' want to see a discussion going on.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I think a lot of distributors are trying to buy more. In my area the distributor who bought about 40 WOZ also has games on routes. They put the proto WOZ game on route and with unfinished code, it was raking in better cash than any other pin they had. A couple of people that work there validated the same info. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't trying to increase the order for the Hobbit. I bought a WOZ from the same distributor and I have an order for the hobbit from them. As soon as I played their proto WOZ last December I was sold. Wouldn't you try and buy more if it brought in more cash?

To answer your last question, yes, I would.

Here's the problem, when I played the proto it was awful. The flipper were indeed mush. The playfield lights were in constant attract. There was very little code. This wasn't just my opinion, it was a shared opinion of everyone who played the same machine. Now, I know most of these issues have been fixed but I have a hard time believing the prototype machines really did well. I know for a fact some of the earning numbers that were reported were not correct. Not saying what you're reporting is incorrect, if you have first hand info then cool. But again, I would bet a paycheck there are not 1500 paid hobbit preorders (paid to whatever deposits had to be in.)

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

To answer your last question, yes, I would.
Here's the problem, when I played the proto it was awful. The flipper were indeed mush. The playfield lights were in constant attract. There was very little code. This wasn't just my opinion, it was a shared opinion of everyone who played the same machine. Now, I know most of these issues have been fixed but I have a hard time believing the prototype machines really did well. I know for a fact some of the earning numbers that were reported were not correct. Not saying what you're reporting is incorrect, if you have first hand info then cool. But again, I would bet a paycheck there are not 1500 paid hobbit preorders (paid to whatever deposits had to be in.)

You seem to always have a ton of "facts" but NEVER any evidence to back it up. "You know this for a fact" and "that for a fact". Back it up or don't bring it up. Just makes you look sour.

I have earnings reports from 6 ops that said it was crushing everything they had on the floor even driving games in the larger locations. That has even been posted here multiple times by the ops with dev games. Bene posted 700+ plays in less than a week at this place. I'd say that's a home run for any current arcade game.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You seem to always have a ton of "facts" but NEVER any evidence to back it up. "You know this for a fact" and "that for a fact". Back it up or don't bring it up. Just makes you look sour.
I have earnings reports from 6 ops that said it was crushing everything they had on the floor even driving games in the larger locations. That has even been posted here multiple times by the ops with dev games. Bene posted 700+ plays in less than a week at this place. I'd say that's a home run for any current arcade game.

Did you ever consider that most people don't want to post anything that doesn't put Woz or jjp in a positive light because there's a bunch of Woz loyalist that would attack them the second they do. Most of the real facts are never posted on pinside. Your record alone makes you a very unreliable source. I don't care what you think. You may not like me but I'm not a liar. If I make a mistake I admit it. Much more than I can say for you.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

You may not like me but I'm not a liar. If I make a mistake I admit it. Much more than I can say for you.

Considering the interesting conversions I've read here and discussed first hand with folks, that statement above is extremely suspect. Hell, you were called out just a few days ago in a Nucore thread.

#67 10 years ago

Relax guys its just pinball. Those that like/support it will likely have numbers in it's favor and those that don't will likely have numbers that are not. I'm sure the reality of the situation is somewhere in between the two. No pin needs to crush all others on location anyways to be considered a success especially with the size of the current home use market. Hopefully all pinball machines on location do well making the hobby more popular.

Quoted from dgarrett:

I'd bet extra $ ( I already have a fully paid THLE order, so have $ in the bet already!) that Hobbits will roll out in 2014 as planne

That would be shocking to me but I hope your right.

Lets just try to be respectful to one another even if we don't agree on some things.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Considering the interesting conversions I've read here and discussed first hand with folks, that statement above is extremely suspect. Hell, you were called out just a few days ago in a Nucore thread.

Called out in a Nucore thread by someone who thinks they deserve something they don't. Not once was I accused of being called a liar, a tool, yes

On the other hand a couple of weeks ago you denied any problem with Woz machines, that is now patently proven to be false. So clean up your act before accusing anyone else of anything.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'd bet extra $ ( I already have a fully paid THLE order, so have $ in the bet already!) that Hobbits will roll out in 2014 as planned.

You do realize that the last movie is in December 2014 don't you? I would guess that the pinball machine cannot be released at least until the movie is in theaters because the movie company would not want any spoilers and JJP would need the content from the movie for the LCD.

My guess for Hobbit machines to start deliveries to customers is around the middle of 2015.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That would be shocking to me but I hope your right.
Lets just try to be respectful to one another even if we don't agree on some things.

Amen sista! I'm really interested in Hobbit and would have preordered if WOZ weren't so delayed. Hope they can show something to change my thinking

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Called out in a Nucore thread by someone who thinks they deserve something they don't. Not once was I accused of being called a liar, a tool, yes
On the other hand a couple of weeks ago you denied any problem with Woz machines, that is now patently proven to be false. So clean up your act before accusing anyone else of anything.

What I said was that no instances of it had been reported. And you did your best to try to twist that and also make it seem like it was systemic but most folks see through the BS.

I still stand by, if its not reported, its not happening. As a manufacturer you can only fix what you know about and can confirm is a problem. I'm sure you can understand that? (Or maybe not, who knows?) Anything from a third party is here-say and anecdotal at best.

#72 10 years ago

I'm definitely excited to see what Hobbit looks like (just like I'm excite to see what Star trek looks like)....

Certainly wont be ordering EITHER sight unseen, but excited nonetheless. That theme is 1000x more interesting to me than Wizard of Oz (still a little shocked THAT was the first theme released).

I'm happy to pay a slight premium over the preorderers to hang onto my money for a few years and keep my options open...

#73 10 years ago

Latest update is that my OP mate is pre-ordering 10 THLEs tomorrow and they were delivered to his where-house yesterday! WTF JJP, I pre-ordered mine from my scr-iPad while waiting for the cheese platter to come out during the last supper and paid upfront in full with my first-born (no refunds BTW).

Kidding aside hopefully game will be worth the wait as already mentioned once or a zillion times JJP cannot afford it not to be great with the current business model. Will also pick up a second hand pro WOZ one of these years being the cheap knob that I am.

Stay chilled
Mark.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Any chance the game will have a lower pf??

Can't imagine they'd do that (although it would sorta fit with the theme).

Just get something like this if you need to: hung_far_low.jpghung_far_low.jpg

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

What I said was that no instances of it had been reported. And you did your best to try to twist that and also make it seem like it was systemic but most folks see through the BS.
I still stand by, if its not reported, its not happening. As a manufacturer you can only fix what you know about and can confirm is a problem. I'm sure you can understand that? (Or maybe not, who knows?) Anything from a third party is here-say and anecdotal at best.

personally I think you work for Jack, because everytime one of us gets some info about things going on with jack or the game, you immediately want to know our sources, as if your trying to find a mole or something. We arn't going to reveal our sources on what we know or how much we know because it would out our sources. For someone that seems to be hell bent on covering for Jack all the time, you have 1 game in your collection and it's not even WOZ. Must have did that to try and hide better. Go to enough pinball shows and talk to the right people, you'd be amazed at how many facts you actually can dig up about things. But the earnings reports were not accurate. Unknown if it was software problem, collection inaccuracies, or what.

And as if others think Jack should keep jacking up the price on his games, sure more power to him, but his company is fragile right now. he's not a real pinball company until he makes it to game number 4. Then he has his roots in the ground and there for the long haul. Right now he can be dead in the water from one bad move. And from many of us around this state (WI). Most (80% of us) are not happy with the way Hobbit is handled, nor the $1000 price increase and have bowed out. For a new fragile company, things like this can be factory closers. he's really playing with fire on this one.

and 15k for MM? Why the F, would anyone want to pay that for MM? I've had one, the game isn't that great, and for 15k worth of fun it downright sucks and not even close to worth it. I'm glad I sold it and don't miss it at all.

#76 10 years ago

In before the lock! Oh Yeah!

InBeforeTheLock1105.jpgInBeforeTheLock1105.jpg

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

personally I think you work for Jack, because everytime one of us gets some info about things going on with jack or the game, you immediately want to know our sources, as if your trying to find a mole or something. We arn't going to reveal our sources on what we know or how much we know because it would out our sources. For someone that seems to be hell bent on covering for Jack all the time, you have 1 game in your collection and it's not even WOZ. Must have did that to try and hide better. Go to enough pinball shows and talk to the right people, you'd be amazed at how many facts you actually can dig up about things. But the earnings reports were not accurate. Unknown if it was software problem, collection inaccuracies, or what.
And as if others think Jack should keep jacking up the price on his games, sure more power to him, but his company is fragile right now. he's not a real pinball company until he makes it to game number 4. Then he has his roots in the ground and there for the long haul. Right now he can be dead in the water from one bad move. And from many of us around this state (WI). Most (80% of us) are not happy with the way Hobbit is handled, nor the $1000 price increase and have bowed out. For a new fragile company, things like this can be factory closers. he's really playing with fire on this one.
and 15k for MM? Why the F, would anyone want to pay that for MM? I've had one, the game isn't that great, and for 15k worth of fun it downright sucks and not even close to worth it. I'm glad I sold it and don't miss it at all.

This must be one of the most incoherent ramblings I've seen here in a while. I have a development woz I don't own a production game. I only have the one game I own which is Metallica. Of course I work for Jack. Where have you been for the last 6 months? Are you seriously living under a rock? And I had people lined up around the corner for my 15k mm. Just because you are a cheapskate who has to chime in with your pricing diatribe on every thread about new games doesn't make the prices come down. I'm hardly looking for a mole. There isn't a "mole" but what there is are a few folks with obvious agendas who love to spread BS and rumor for the sole purpose of disparaging people/company but when pressed about providing proof to those assertions they try to deflect. That is libelous and instantly removed any piece of credibility someone would have. Some here have no leg to stand on anyway like the hack who was taking about earnings above but won't provide any proof. Don't become one of them.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And from many of us around this state (WI). Most (80% of us) are not happy with the way Hobbit is handled, nor the $1000 price increase and have bowed out. For a new fragile company, things like this can be factory closers. he's really playing with fire on this one.

Only 80% of your friends think like you? Now I'm really interested in hearing what the 20% say! Also, I'm sure if you got your way all new pins were capped at $6500, then you would simply start complaining that they weren't $5500!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

WTF? What an odd thing to complain about, considering you advertised a MM for 20k 8 months ago!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Just sent out from Chris's about 3 weeks ago. Freshly restored MM done by High End pins. Tons of mods. Color DMD, Shaker and many other things. 20K Minty fresh all around. The best looking MM you'll ever see. Located in CA.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Called out in a Nucore thread by someone who thinks they deserve something they don't. Not once was I accused of being called a liar, a tool, yes...

Oh geez, if you weren't such a giant tool, maybe you could see how much of a tool you're being and stop the verbal diarrhea.

And, since you seem to want to push the issue, I think you're a liar, and incredibly deceitful at best. You tell people I did nothing as a nucore beta tester, blatant lies. I have cancelled checks for my "equipment", dozens of emails with you discussing the beta testing I was doing, with issues, resolutions, screen shots, and even hours of phone logs, where we certainly weren't talking about the weather. All of this I'd be happy to post if you want to continue with the lies.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

+1....

#81 10 years ago

But yet Neo, somehow you still sound bitter about not having an MM in your collection.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

#82 10 years ago

yikes... this thread needs some....

boob1.gifboob1.gif

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

yikes... this thread needs some....

She could do that all day.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Oh geez, if you weren't such a giant tool, maybe you could see how much of a tool you're being and stop the verbal diarrhea.
And, since you seem to want to push the issue, I think you're a liar, and incredibly deceitful at best. You tell people I did nothing as a nucore beta tester, blatant lies. I have cancelled checks for my "equipment", dozens of emails with you discussing the beta testing I was doing, with issues, resolutions, screen shots, and even hours of phone logs, where we certainly weren't talking about the weather. All of this I'd be happy to post if you want to continue with the lies.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

You paid a reduced cost for the equipment. You didn't do the testing and provide no helpful feedback to help make the product better. You're the liar and I have the proof in the forums, you posted maybe three time compared to a few hundred post by other beta testers. I talked to one of them the other day and he couldn't believe you were still trying to say you were a beta tester. Rob, you contributed nothing towards Nucore and therefore you receive no credit. You are the liar and I have proof. Talk about tool. Talk to Eric A. Talk to Don.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

She could do that all day.

Too bad we don't have the "extended" version to see what she did next!....

We need a part 2 and 3, etc. for that one.....Good lord that's crazy!

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

You paid a reduced cost for the equipment. You didn't do the testing and provide no helpful feedback to help make the product better. You're the liar and I have the proof in the forums, you posted maybe three time compared to a few hundred post by other beta testers. I talked to one of them the other day and he couldn't believe you were still trying to say you were a beta tester. Rob, you contributed nothing towards Nucore and therefore you receive no credit. You are the liar and I have proof. Talk about tool

More blatant lies. I paid $400 for the privilege of testing your product. Same price as full retail then and now. Your initial email...

Nucore BETA Invite  
Chuck Hess <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM
To: Borygard <[email protected]>

Hey Rob,

We would like to have you on the BETA test team.  Our testers help us find bugs and offer suggestions for improvement to Nucore.  Here’s the fine print:

1)      You will pay full retail price to be a BETA tester.  You will receive every testing version of the software/hardware and the final version of the software when it’s released.

2)      You will not share any information from our forums, dev team members, or other testers about Nucore until the Retail version is released.

3)      You will load all versions of BETA code and provide feedback on the stability of the code (new code is usually released once every couple of weeks.)

4)      We also want you to become a “expert user” on the forums and help other users with their issues (once Nucore is released.  You will be given a special Nucore tag for the forums.)

5)      You are only required to buy the base package.  Any additional items are optional.

6)      You will need to build or buy a computer and load Linux for the test.

7)      We will give all testers credit in the Nucore credits mode (includes your name and a link to a web page or a nickname of your choosing)

8)      You will tolerate my bad typing and occasionally provide comic relief.

If you have any questions or concerns about any of this please let me know.  If not I would ask you to send a check to Don (I’ll provide the address) and when we receive it I’ll give you access to the testing forum.  You will receive the software and prototype hardware in about 2 to 4 weeks (as soon as we are done with the boards.)  Until then you can use the time to catch up to speed with the ALPHA testers and build your machine.  Let me know what you think.

Chuck

Borygard <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM
To: Chuck Hess <[email protected]>

Hey Chuck, of course I'd be very happy to be a BETA tester.  I'm unfortunately on the road at the moment for the next couple of weeks.  I'll actually be in your area again towards months end, not that it means anything, but I thought I'd mention it.

Let me know if we can proceed with this in mind and I'll do what's needed on my end.

Thanks,
Rob

Chuck Hess <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM
You are kind of a road warrior aren’t you.  Will you have the time to test during April and May or will you be on the road a lot then too?
</emails>

As everyone can see, completely contradicting what you just posted, another lie, I paid full retail. These initial emails also show that you knew full well of my schedule and how much time I spend on the road. Assuming that I'd be able to put in as much time as others in your backyard just goes to show how you live in your own skewed version of reality.

Call log from testing, 74 minutes is a bit more than nothing. Lots more call logs just like this...

Chuck Hess (269) 808-**** - mobile
5/3/09 12:08 PM 4 years ago 74 minutes long

Lots and lots more I can post. Keep digging a hole cluck, you're doing a great job showing exactly how much of a tool you really are. Maybe we can get the other beta tester that you did the same thing to, and snubbed in the credits as well, to write something about his experience. That should make for some entertaining reading.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#87 10 years ago

What the heck happened to my Hobbit thread?

#88 10 years ago

JJP bashers took over...... Again!

#89 10 years ago

What the heck happened to my Hobbit thread?

Sorry man, it's been severely high jacked.

Back on topic, I can't wait to see some playfield pix of Hobbit!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#90 10 years ago

Never fails. Like clockwork. I heard that in a couple of weeks Jack was going to give more information on the hobbit. Hang tight.
Flame suit on!

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Only 80% of your friends think like you? Now I'm really interested in hearing what the 20% say! Also, I'm sure if you got your way all new pins were capped at $6500, then you would simply start complaining that they weren't $5500!

WTF? What an odd thing to complain about, considering you advertised a MM for 20k 8 months ago!

it wasn't my MM. I sold mine 4 years ago and it wasn't worth keeping for even 5k. Someone above mentioned the MM hence my response to it.

the other 20% preordered one. Obviously.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

More blatant lies. I paid $400 for the privilege of testing your product. Same price as full retail then and now. Your initial email...
Nucore BETA Invite  
Chuck Hess <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM
Hey Rob,
We would like to have you on the BETA test team.  Our testers help us find bugs and offer suggestions for improvement to Nucore.  Here’s the fine print:
1)      You will pay full retail price to be a BETA tester.  You will receive every testing version of the software/hardware and the final version of the software when it’s released.
2)      You will not share any information from our forums, dev team members, or other testers about Nucore until the Retail version is released.
3)      You will load all versions of BETA code and provide feedback on the stability of the code (new code is usually released once every couple of weeks.)
4)      We also want you to become a “expert user” on the forums and help other users with their issues (once Nucore is released.  You will be given a special Nucore tag for the forums.)
5)      You are only required to buy the base package.  Any additional items are optional.
6)      You will need to build or buy a computer and load Linux for the test.
7)      We will give all testers credit in the Nucore credits mode (includes your name and a link to a web page or a nickname of your choosing)
8)      You will tolerate my bad typing and occasionally provide comic relief.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of this please let me know.  If not I would ask you to send a check to Don (I’ll provide the address) and when we receive it I’ll give you access to the testing forum.  You will receive the software and prototype hardware in about 2 to 4 weeks (as soon as we are done with the boards.)  Until then you can use the time to catch up to speed with the ALPHA testers and build your machine.  Let me know what you think.
Chuck
Borygard <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM
To: Chuck Hess <[email protected]>
Hey Chuck, of course I'd be very happy to be a BETA tester.  I'm unfortunately on the road at the moment for the next couple of weeks.  I'll actually be in your area again towards months end, not that it means anything, but I thought I'd mention it.

Let me know if we can proceed with this in mind and I'll do what's needed on my end.

Thanks,
Rob
Chuck Hess <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM
You are kind of a road warrior aren’t you.  Will you have the time to test during April and May or will you be on the road a lot then too?
</emails>
As everyone can see, completely contradicting what you just posted, another lie, I paid full retail. These initial emails also show that you knew full well of my schedule and how much time I spend on the road. Assuming that I'd be able to put in as much time as others in your backyard just goes to show how you live in your own skewed version of reality.
Call log from testing, 74 minutes is a bit more than nothing. Lots more call logs just like this...
Chuck Hess (269) 808-**** - mobile
5/3/09 12:08 PM 4 years ago 74 minutes long
Lots and lots more I can post. Keep digging a hole cluck, you're doing a great job showing exactly how much of a tool you really are. Maybe we can get the other beta tester that you did the same thing to, and snubbed in the credits as well, to write something about his experience. That should make for some entertaining reading.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

and you COMPLETELY failed at this key point:

3) You will load all versions of BETA code and provide feedback on the stability of the code (new code is usually released once every couple of weeks.)

You had to call me to walk you through the first install which took a considerable amount of my time. After not hearing from you on the forums for over a month I sent you an email asking what was going on. You said you install wasn't working, I had to call you. I had to walk you through holding your hand a second time, by the way, I didn't have to do this with any of the other testers. You said it was working. You didn't post once on the forums giving any feedback on any of the builds. I emailed you reminding you that you agreed to do that. You posted once that the current build was fine when it wasn't. You posted one more time saying everything was fine. Two posts out of about 35 builds? Eric A posted 308 times by comparison and found dozens of bugs that helped make Nucore a much more stable product. Every other beta tester found at least a dozen bugs. You reported none. Of course again, your two posts said everything was fine, one time when it wasn't.

One of our beta testers will stop by later to confirm everything I've said.

Oh, and as far as the other beta tester who didn't get credit, he admitted he never got his machine working, as I recall he was restoring it. He admitted he wasn't able to help with the beta and never complained once about not being included in the credits. As I recall one of our other beta testers helped him finally get his machine going after launch.

#93 10 years ago

No. One. Cares.

The only thing worse than people squabbling like 12 year olds over which video game system is better about JJP and Stern is the pathetic attempts at character assassination and email transcripts. Just stop, you both look petty with your off topic sniping. It's boring, it's off topic, and it does nothing but make Pinside feel more negative.

#94 10 years ago

Time to put my shrink hat on @ $500 an hour......after every chessiv post;

Uh Huh...yep...Uh Huh..

Then after every borygard post;

hmm, I see....go on..

Rinse and repeat until Hobbit is released.....I should have enough cash for a full THLE pre-order in no time (see what I did there almost got it back on topic....better set up a standing appointment on this thread lots of money to be made).

Mark (on topic)

#95 10 years ago

So back to th.

I want one of two things. I want jjp to get their act together and make th happen on time and correct all the woz errors or I want them to put out woz, fold, and stern gets th licensce.

Either way I want an awesome hobbit machine next to my lotr!

#96 10 years ago

Robin should instate a user ignore in thread option, to just ignore people in a single thread that have gone so far offtopic. I want to read what they post elsewhere, but this shits lame.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

and you COMPLETELY failed at this key point:
3) You will load all versions of BETA code and provide feedback on the stability of the code (new code is usually released once every couple of weeks.)
You had to call me to walk you through the first install which took a considerable amount of my time. After not hearing from you on the forums for over a month I sent you an email asking what was going on. You said you install wasn't working, I had to call you. I had to walk you through holding your hand a second time, by the way, I didn't have to do this with any of the other testers. You said it was working. You didn't post once on the forums giving any feedback on any of the builds. I emailed you reminding you that you agreed to do that. You posted once that the current build was fine when it wasn't. You posted one more time saying everything was fine. Two posts out of about 35 builds? Eric A posted 308 times by comparison and found dozens of bugs that helped make Nucore a much more stable product. Every other beta tester found at least a dozen bugs. You reported none. Of course again, your two posts said everything was fine, one time when it wasn't.
One of our beta testers will stop by later to confirm everything I've said.
Oh, and as far as the other beta tester who didn't get credit, he admitted he never got his machine working, as I recall he was restoring it. He admitted he wasn't able to help with the beta and never complained once about not being included in the credits. As I recall one of our other beta testers helped him finally get his machine going after launch.

Thanks for proving on your own that you're FOS. Your contradictions are now contradicting your contradictions.

Of course I had to call you to get things set up. Your ridiculous package that was supposed to be beta wasn't anything close to beta. You sent me an alpha package and expected me to be as up to speed as the other beta testers with nothing more than a "here you go". Every other beta tester had been an alpha tester and had months of testing before I ever got my first package. I've done lots of beta testing for consumer products, industry products, and software, yours was a joke.

Mark, where should I send the check?

I'm hoping The Hobbit will be twice the game WOZ is.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#98 10 years ago

...Just got back...Did I miss a Hobbit Update??

#99 10 years ago

Not entirely sure what's going on, but I think Hobbit will be running Nucore.

#100 10 years ago

No but supposedly sometime in August.

If they can't show stuff from the next movies how can they show us any updates?!

I'm confused. Will it be a verbal update not a visual?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feels-like-its-time-for-another-hobbit-update/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.