(Topic ID: 210760)

Feelings on sellers with lack of Integrity (backed out on a deal)

By Drewblood419

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

143058_0 copy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drewblood419:

How do you feel about sellers backing out of deals that have been agreed upon for higher offers being made after the deal is done

It sucks, and it would be even worse if a deposit was already down. But, then I know to never do a deal with them again, and warn others about possible issues in dealing with them. It simply means they have no integrity, so why bother dealing with them if they will pull the rug out from under a deal without warning.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Doesn't seem to be the case here: I see lots of complaints but no one is outed. Are you guys at least leaving feedback on their profiles, so there's a yellow light for future deals?

That's what the feedback system is there for, but unfortunately, not many take advantage of it. It's not ebay where negative feedback doesn't matter. But, I think some people just don't want to be "that guy" and go on the record saying something negative about someone else's reputation.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

I still defend my ebay account with a stick lol, I take a lot of pride in having 100% positive feedback. Does it really not matter these days???

For long time, ebay has had a habit of quietly removing negative feedback when a seller complains.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballology:

st week and he's helping me get into the hobby. No way in hell is this meant to discredit anyone in the community, we both agreed that the deal wasn't for me. After all the drama on the thread maybe it's not the community for me......anyone interested in an Aerosmith Pro or an ACDC Premium Vault????? : )

People just simply like to circle the wagons when someone wrongs someone else.

The original question made it sound like the seller was fully at fault, so everyone responded as if that's what happened:

Quoted from Drewblood419:

"How do you feel about sellers backing out of deals that have been agreed upon for higher offers being made after the deal is done"

Since it sounds like it's not the case, and instead a mutual agreement, I'm sure this thread will calm down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feelings-on-sellers-with-lack-of-integrity-backed-out-on-a-deal?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.