Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmike150.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

May 2 - Well respected company advertises that they have Avengers AIQ toppers ready to ship in 4 to 6 weeks. I pay the $670

June 20 - I send an email for a status and they reply. They tell me that the order has been pushed back to July

July 8 - I request an update and they respond that they are filling orders from last March now

August 6 - I ask for another update. I tell them that they advertised 4 to 6 weeks back in the beginning of May, which is why I paid in full. It should have just been $100 deposit if they are not able to keep me updated and meet their advertised date. No response from them

September 3 - Send another email requesting a full refund. I do not really want a refund, as I would like to have the topper, but I no longer trust this business

September 4 - Say they are happy to give me my refund. But, topper may be available in 6 weeks

October 4 - I send another status email. No response

October 12 - I tell them that it has been six weeks since their September 4 update that the toppers may be available in six weeks

October 24 - I ask for my full refund. Now I just want my money back

Anyway, I have attached the email screenshots. I have blacked out the company name in these emails. Any advice on the best way to handle this now?

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#8 2 years ago

Now their website says the Avengers topper ships in 6 -12 weeks, https://gameexchange.biz/avengers-infinity-quest-topper.html

People really need to know that they still have not honored their orders from six months ago.

By the way, yes, I screwed up with blacking out the name, honest mistake. But, I realize that I should not have blacked the company name out in the first place.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

what's left to handle? looks like you asked for a refund within the last few days. you'll get your refund and move on with your life.
and should they have taken just a deposit, and communicated a little better? maybe. but threatening to post on pinside in an effort to encourage them to deliver something to you that they don't physically have, is lame. they offered to make you whole, and you acted like a born yelper, anyway. this thread just serves a warning about you to all future sellers.

I don’t agree with you on this. My point is, I paid the full $670 with the understanding that my product would be shipped in 4 - 6, as they advertised. I picked them over other, local companies, BECAUSE they advertised this. In other words, they got my business because of what they promised, and you are calling me a “born yelper” because I still don’t have my fully paid for product? Six months later, they are advertising 6 - 12 weeks. They should not be advertising this if they still haven’t fulfilled orders from six months ago.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sadly, I have a feeling the refund is not going to help this consumer feel any less "ripped off" by a company. It's not about the refund, it's about a stupid hunk of shitty plastic that HE WANTS NOW NOW NOW NOW
Regardless, all it took was one stupid, unneccessary thread and about 15 screen shots when a simple phone call probably would have sufficed, but the refund he doesn't want is now going to be expedited. It's a good thing too, because I'm sure all the other distributors are going to be super eager to fulfill that topper order for him now.
Vaya con dios, brave topper consumer! May your courageous efforts result in winning the tacky topper of your dreams, and failing that, at least an endorphin-releasing conversation with the manager of toppers!

You sure are brave typing on your keyboard “CrazyLevi”, and I don’t understand your aggression. Anyway, reading comprehension does not appear to be one of your strengths, so I will take the time to spell it out for you (read slowly, Levi). As many other on this thread have pointed out, I have an issue with the fact that they advertised 4 - 6 weeks, which made me select them over other companies, took 100% of my money, then failed to provide me basic communication over a six month period.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You really never thought to call these guys before you went "full Karen" on them? Do you understand that these pinball vendors are all small businesses trying to stay afloat during difficult times, not Wal-Mart with a million people working for them and Indian call centers eager and willing to respond to every salty email within a 12 hour time window?
Once you receive your refund, will you still feel ripped off by a company? Any chance you'll change the thread title?
It appears you got what you wanted - the opportunity to embarrass a reputable company, the endorphin rush of an expose thread, and your refund, so you should be pleased, not feel ripped off.

You seem to still not be able to understand the real issue here, huh, "CrazyLevi"? And, you seem to be making it personal. Almost like, say, you run a business that may have poor customer service and crappy attitude, and this string hits a little close to home. How about this - if I am ever in the market to buy an Aerosmith Pro for $2,000 over market value....one in which your website does not even state if there are any additional fees and what those fees are (you throw in tax, high "handling" fees, and shipping costs, Levi?), I could give you some business. How much does this $7,399 Aerosmith Pro really come to, after your "fees" are added, Levi, http://www.crazylevipinball.com/pinball.php?id=320 ?

Dude, stop coming on this thread to try and shame me for wanting to have the topper that I paid in full for six months ago.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

wow! all that, over a pinball topper.
I sure hope for your sake that it has a unique mode specific to the topper, that if you achieve it and complete it, it makes the internet forget that you just wrote that.

Yes, it supposedly includes three additional modes that you can only play using the topper. Otherwise, I would be crazy to put that comment on the internet. It does make for an entertaining thread, however.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Dude, telling someone to fuck off is one thing, but this whole wife scenario makes you look like a sniveling little child stuck in an adult's body. Take your poor me and my topper story and jump into the nearest lake.

You are correct, I went over the top. Thought the attacks were getting a little personal, so I went ridiculously personal to make fun of where it was heading. Guess I read the room wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 34.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmike150.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feeling-ripped-off-by-a-company?tu=pinballmike150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.