Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clearstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#41 2 years ago

With all due respect, I fundamentally disagree with a lot of the comments on this board, all you find on these forums is an apology tour for distributors, and it's what plagues a lot of these topic posts tbh.

Now, first, I have good experience with this distributor. They and several others are great to talk to, but you must call or email to do business. Most of these sites are bad.

However, when people post a concern like this, they get railed on, or told it's not the distributors fault. "Oh Jim,Mike,Bob,Sally, etc is great". I get that these are good people, but it doesn't make them immune to customer service gaps. In the real world every "type" of customer matters, and it's becoming increasingly clear that some pinheads are demanding a better e-commerce experience.

I would further argue the "Stern delays" excuse, as while that is true, it only takes one quick look at this distributors website to see that "ships in 4-6 weeks" is a copy/paste job everywhere. No way Stern is shipping him is entire inventory in 4-6 weeks. So there is some accountability here with distributors not truly understanding when thier manufacturer will provide them product - and misleading consumers to place a vaporware order.

I would further say its part thier responsibility to start holding Stern to account if that's impacting thier customers satisfaction.

However, none of this will happen if we keep apologizing for them and Stern. It's not negative or personal, it's just business.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Yeah - I read this original post in a different way. Its not about is the owner or manager being a good guy etc. its about the fact that an unrealistic expectation was set and the OP just wanted what was advertised... in addition experienced poor communication.
I for one have an issue with poor communication and a poorly set expectations. No need for it... it doesnt take much time to send a note to someone. What I do not have an issue with is understanding supply chain issues and delays. Just tell people. Tell me that its backordered or delayed and you do not have a timeframe for delivery and you will keep me updated. BOOM thats it Im good to go until you dont follow up.

Agreed 100%. I was simply replying to the apologist that have come through and will com through this post. Everyone expects people to just shrug stuff off, but that's not fair to the OP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clearstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feeling-ripped-off-by-a-company?tu=clearstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.