Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

May 2 - Well respected company advertises that they have Avengers AIQ toppers ready to ship in 4 to 6 weeks. I pay the $670

June 20 - I send an email for a status and they reply. They tell me that the order has been pushed back to July

July 8 - I request an update and they respond that they are filling orders from last March now

August 6 - I ask for another update. I tell them that they advertised 4 to 6 weeks back in the beginning of May, which is why I paid in full. It should have just been $100 deposit if they are not able to keep me updated and meet their advertised date. No response from them

September 3 - Send another email requesting a full refund. I do not really want a refund, as I would like to have the topper, but I no longer trust this business

September 4 - Say they are happy to give me my refund. But, topper may be available in 6 weeks

October 4 - I send another status email. No response

October 12 - I tell them that it has been six weeks since their September 4 update that the toppers may be available in six weeks

October 24 - I ask for my full refund. Now I just want my money back

Anyway, I have attached the email screenshots. I have blacked out the company name in these emails. Any advice on the best way to handle this now?

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

You probably wanted a darker black marker

#3 2 years ago

Blackout of the company name could have been done a bit better....

That being said, I have had nothing but good encounters with the secret company not mentioned

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

You beat me to it.

#5 2 years ago

I'm not sure why the name should be blocked out anyway.

#6 2 years ago

Well, it’s not blacked out haha we can all see who it is. Might wanna make sure 100% opacity is toggled in your brush settings!

So I guess inadvertently publicly shaming them here may get you their attention!

#7 2 years ago

Good to know I was considering doing a purchase with JJ

#8 2 years ago

Now their website says the Avengers topper ships in 6 -12 weeks, https://gameexchange.biz/avengers-infinity-quest-topper.html

People really need to know that they still have not honored their orders from six months ago.

By the way, yes, I screwed up with blacking out the name, honest mistake. But, I realize that I should not have blacked the company name out in the first place.

#9 2 years ago

Supply chain issues probably, but they need to refund you and offer you option of buying one when it returns to stock. And prob owe you something extra at this point.

#10 2 years ago

Good Evening,

In May or April I had a Tilt Topper order, that Dan and his crew did a fantastic job with-take quite a long time due to demand and parts. It came out amazing and was worth the wait.

I have an open order for a set of Elvira Armor, no idea when that will show, but thats the terms of the pinball “game”

Elvira and Haggis Fathom on order…no idea….

I think its fair to say, if the company does not have it in hand, there is no guaranteed timeframe.

Communication is important though, when we sell our raptor fences I put that in the forefront, like Tilt Topper, Haggis, and other distros, companies do.

Enjoy the game until the topper shows. I would leave the order in unless you found one available immediately and went that route

-Cheers
Tim

#11 2 years ago

The good news is Game Exchange is a reputable company. They are being as honest as they can be with the situation in flux (their supplier not delivering). If you leave your order with them you will eventually get the topper. If you ask for a refund, you will get a refund.

I would have requested a refund at the first missed deadline.

#12 2 years ago

No question you should get an immediate refund. That being said, I feel bad for the dealers as the info Stern gives them changes like crazy. It must be next to impossible for these guys to do business when every item seems to be a moving target as far as delivery goes.

#13 2 years ago

With all the delays in this current market, don’t buy anything unless it’s currently in stock and ready to ship. No one knows when anything is going to get done.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

or not. LOL

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

No question you should get an immediate refund. That being said, I feel bad for the dealers as the info Stern gives them changes like crazy. It must be next to impossible for these guys to do business when every item seems to be a moving target as far as delivery goes.

They should not take anyones money until they have it in hand or it is ready to ship.

#16 2 years ago

what's left to handle? looks like you asked for a refund within the last few days. you'll get your refund and move on with your life.

and should they have taken just a deposit, and communicated a little better? maybe. but threatening to post on pinside in an effort to encourage them to deliver something to you that they don't physically have, is lame. they offered to make you whole, and you acted like a born yelper, anyway. this thread just serves a warning about you to all future sellers.

#17 2 years ago

At this point, can you even get the topper or are they sold out? How long do you have left to dispute a charge with your CC? Manufacturing anything is a PITA now. Everyone, at every company is doing everything. Things are a complete nightmare for every person at every company. If you’ve got time left to dispute a charge, ride it out. No one else can do better. Sad state of things.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

what's left to handle? looks like you asked for a refund within the last few days. you'll get your refund and move on with your life.
and should they have taken just a deposit, and communicated a little better? maybe. but threatening to post on pinside in an effort to encourage them to deliver something to you that they don't physically have, is lame. they offered to make you whole, and you acted like a born yelper, anyway. this thread just serves a warning about you to all future sellers.

I don’t agree with you on this. My point is, I paid the full $670 with the understanding that my product would be shipped in 4 - 6, as they advertised. I picked them over other, local companies, BECAUSE they advertised this. In other words, they got my business because of what they promised, and you are calling me a “born yelper” because I still don’t have my fully paid for product? Six months later, they are advertising 6 - 12 weeks. They should not be advertising this if they still haven’t fulfilled orders from six months ago.

#19 2 years ago

Man, life is just too short for this shit.

Accept your refund and get on with your life without your stupid goddamn topper.

Please.

#20 2 years ago

Seems like they were pretty open with you about the situation. Supply chain issues are causing issues for everyone right now. If the situation is causing stress, get your refund and move on.

These threads never end with the op being viewed in a good light.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

At this point, can you even get the topper or are they sold out? How long do you have left to dispute a charge with your CC? Manufacturing anything is a PITA now. Everyone, at every company is doing everything. Things are a complete nightmare for every person at every company. If you’ve got time left to dispute a charge, ride it out. No one else can do better. Sad state of things.

It's been 6 months, ship sailed on any cc recourse long ago.

#22 2 years ago

never dealt with said company, but from what i have read on here and heard from others, they are a stand up company. im sure they will refund your money. if you still want the topper, they cant ship what they cant get yet. maybe they could offer to refund you all but 100.00 and hold that as a deposit on one. win-win

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

but I no longer trust this business

I understand your frustration, but I've had nothing but good dealings with said company.
You'll get your money back, or eventually your topper.

#24 2 years ago

If your concerned about getting the topper I pre ordered 2 toppers from them and I got them when they got them so i'm sure you will eventually get it .I'm guessing there would be no problem with a refund but i'm sure they are at the mercy of Stern.You are totally right in being upset about the time frame and they should change the 4-6 weeks in the listing, but I got to say its the new world with covid,supply chains, and shipping issues so we all know why its taking so long and it's hard to blame game exchange.I suggest you wait it out and everytime you look at it you can say you have the topper that took a year to get.

#25 2 years ago

Ride it out. They are a great distributor just trying to do you a solid with an estimated ship date, which their supplier cant meet.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

I don’t agree with you on this. My point is, I paid the full $670 with the understanding that my product would be shipped in 4 - 6, as they advertised. I picked them over other, local companies, BECAUSE they advertised this. In other words, they got my business because of what they promised, and you are calling me a “born yelper” because I still don’t have my fully paid for product? Six months later, they are advertising 6 - 12 weeks. They should not be advertising this if they still haven’t fulfilled orders from six months ago.

Shit happens, especially in the current economic state.

They probably should have issued you a full refund after your first email and offered to contact you when the item returns to stock and maybe change the timeframe that is being advertised. I don’t believe that the dealer was intentionally trying to deceive you.

I ordered a leather recliner approximately one year ago and placed a $2,400 deposit and I’m still waiting for it to be delivered. When I placed the order I was told delivery would take place within 12-14 weeks. They called me at 24 weeks to let me know there was a nation wide shortage on the material used for some of the cushioning. It’s a bummer, but such is life for the consumer in 2021.

#27 2 years ago

I personally deal with this company never had a problem im sure jj will refund your money no worries

#28 2 years ago

At least you got replies. I have a stranger things Uv kit on order with them for months and months and can’t even get a reply. Paid in full. I trust it’s coming though.. actually kind of forgot about it but I’m sure it will show up one day.. the stern supply chain issues are real, as they are with so many products these days. Fortunately both your aiq and my stth play just fine w/out the accessories we ordered so waiting ain’t so bad.

Your promised 4-6 weeks isn’t on the company - they’re just advertising what stern said they’d ship. They have zero control

#29 2 years ago

Give corporate a call and ask to speak with a manager. Oh wait it's pinball never mind.

#30 2 years ago

Game Exchange is a solid company.
Take the refund and move on. No big whoop.

#31 2 years ago

Supply chain issues are real, but Stern couldn't ship toppers in a timely manner before the pandemic either.

#32 2 years ago

This always happens with companies selling stuff they dont have in stock. Been going on in all industries for years.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

don’t buy anything unless it’s currently in stock and ready to ship.

No one would get anything if you did that

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No one would get anything if you did that

So be it.

#35 2 years ago

How about companies not take money on an item they don’t physically have in stock.
Seems really simple.
-
As for the OP, I get the frustration, but if it is still bugging you I’d ask for a refund and then to be placed on a wait list for one.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How about companies not take money on an item they don’t physically have in stock.
Seems really simple.

They wouldn’t if stern didn’t make them pay right away. Distros are in the same situation we are. Imagine being a distro and paying up front for hundreds of thousands of dollars of games and parts and having to wait months and months for all of it to arrive.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They wouldn’t if stern didn’t make them pay right away. Distros are in the same situation we are. Imagine being a distro and paying up front for hundreds of thousands of dollars of games and parts and having to wait months and months for all of it to arrive.

Stern is requiring distributors to pay for toppers they are 6 months out from delivering?

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Stern is requiring distributors to pay for toppers they are 6 months out from delivering?

I believe so. That’s why they are in turn charging customers in full.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe so. That’s why they are in turn charging customers in full.

Wow, sucks to be a distributor then. What a shitty way to leave your distributors hanging like that.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Wow, sucks to be a distributor then. What a shitty way to leave your distributors hanging like that.

Definitely not 100% on this, but it’s a trickle down in our current crappy supply chain economy. Sterns suppliers are taking forever in some cases, so stern might get a quote of 4-6 weeks. Then shit inevitably happens, then the push backs start.

#41 2 years ago

With all due respect, I fundamentally disagree with a lot of the comments on this board, all you find on these forums is an apology tour for distributors, and it's what plagues a lot of these topic posts tbh.

Now, first, I have good experience with this distributor. They and several others are great to talk to, but you must call or email to do business. Most of these sites are bad.

However, when people post a concern like this, they get railed on, or told it's not the distributors fault. "Oh Jim,Mike,Bob,Sally, etc is great". I get that these are good people, but it doesn't make them immune to customer service gaps. In the real world every "type" of customer matters, and it's becoming increasingly clear that some pinheads are demanding a better e-commerce experience.

I would further argue the "Stern delays" excuse, as while that is true, it only takes one quick look at this distributors website to see that "ships in 4-6 weeks" is a copy/paste job everywhere. No way Stern is shipping him is entire inventory in 4-6 weeks. So there is some accountability here with distributors not truly understanding when thier manufacturer will provide them product - and misleading consumers to place a vaporware order.

I would further say its part thier responsibility to start holding Stern to account if that's impacting thier customers satisfaction.

However, none of this will happen if we keep apologizing for them and Stern. It's not negative or personal, it's just business.

#42 2 years ago

Yeah - I read this original post in a different way. Its not about is the owner or manager being a good guy etc. its about the fact that an unrealistic expectation was set and the OP just wanted what was advertised... in addition experienced poor communication.

I for one have an issue with poor communication and a poorly set expectations. No need for it... it doesnt take much time to send a note to someone. What I do not have an issue with is understanding supply chain issues and delays. Just tell people. Tell me that its backordered or delayed and you do not have a timeframe for delivery and you will keep me updated. BOOM thats it Im good to go until you dont follow up.

Quoted from clearstar:

With all due respect, I fundamentally disagree with a lot of the comments on this board, all you find on these forums is an apology tour for distributors, and it's what plagues a lot of these topic posts tbh.
Now, first, I have good experience with this distributor. They and several others are great to talk to, but you must call or email to do business. Most of these sites are bad.
However, when people post a concern like this, they get railed on, or told it's not the distributors fault. "Oh Jim,Mike,Bob,Sally, etc is great". I get that these are good people, but it doesn't make them immune to customer service gaps. In the real world every "type" of customer matters, and it's becoming increasingly clear that some pinheads are demanding a better e-commerce experience.
I would further argue the "Stern delays" excuse, as while that is true, it only takes one quick look at this distributors website to see that "ships in 4-6 weeks" is a copy/paste job everywhere. No way Stern is shipping him is entire inventory in 4-6 weeks. So there is some accountability here with distributors not truly understanding when thier manufacturer will provide them product - and misleading consumers to place a vaporware order.
I would further say its part thier responsibility to start holding Stern to account if that's impacting thier customers satisfaction.
However, none of this will happen if we keep apologizing for them and Stern. It's not negative or personal, it's just business.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Yeah - I read this original post in a different way. Its not about is the owner or manager being a good guy etc. its about the fact that an unrealistic expectation was set and the OP just wanted what was advertised... in addition experienced poor communication.
I for one have an issue with poor communication and a poorly set expectations. No need for it... it doesnt take much time to send a note to someone. What I do not have an issue with is understanding supply chain issues and delays. Just tell people. Tell me that its backordered or delayed and you do not have a timeframe for delivery and you will keep me updated. BOOM thats it Im good to go until you dont follow up.

Agreed 100%. I was simply replying to the apologist that have come through and will com through this post. Everyone expects people to just shrug stuff off, but that's not fair to the OP.

#44 2 years ago

Hey all company is Us Game Exchange. Sadly Stern keeps telling us distributors / dealers one thing and then being delayed in shipping. They are very very behind in producing accessories and games right now. We can only give you the information that Stern gives us. At the time of order we were told 4 weeks so we quoted 4-6 weeks. As for not responding to the refund request on 10/28 I was at pinball expo running the pinside meet and greet, I simply missed you email. I am sorry this was not the service I would have liked to provide

Maybe a suggestion in the future before publicly blasting a company online try calling them and checking in. Not just relying on email. Our phone numbers are all over our website and my personal cell is posted on almost every pinside post I make.

Please give Jim a call in my parts department today and he will happily issue the refund. I tried to process it but the transaction is over 60 days old so it won’t allow me to process it without the card number. I would do it but I am on my way to the IAApa expo and free play Florida this morning.

Thank you all for the kind words and support. We screwed this one up, we will strive to do better in the future

JJ
303-931-3685

#45 2 years ago

Yup I was agreeing with you as well - if you cant ship in 4-6 weeks then dont post it. Or just add something like "estimated but actual delivery date not known". And follow up with your customers with pending orders past a certain amount of time... this can be automated.

Quoted from clearstar:

Agreed 100%. I was simply replying to the apologist that have come through and will com through this post. Everyone expects people to just shrug stuff off, but that's not fair to the OP.

#46 2 years ago

Yes. Communication from stern all the way down needs to be way better. Especially now when everything keeps getting delayed. Even more so if you’re taking full payments up front.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Yup I was agreeing with you as well - if you cant ship in 4-6 weeks then dont post it.

How about not charging the card till the item ships. That is typically what is expected unless you are placing a deposit.

#48 2 years ago

Yup that too - several ways to go about it!

Quoted from gdonovan:

How about not charging the card till the item ships. That is typically what is expected unless you are placing a deposit.

#50 2 years ago

OP, first time ordering from stern?

All joking aside, it's been pretty common these days for all manufacturers even outside of pinball. They found a source of interest free cash flow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feeling-ripped-off-by-a-company?hl=gorditas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.