(Topic ID: 85819)

Feedback please - Check on Ebay offer

By malibumaven

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-6.jpeg
    photo 9.jpg
    photo 8.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    photo 6.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Can anyone weigh in on this ad for me? It appears like a super clean WCS for the asking. Many pics to review. I am nervous dealing with sellers outside of Pinside and this ad gets me thinking... "If it sounds (looks) to good to be true...."

Any feedback appreciated.

ebay.com link: BALLY WILLIAMS WORLD CUP SOCCER PINBALL MACHINE LOADED WITH LEDS NICE

#2 10 years ago

It's definitely at least $1,000 too expensive, and don't make an offer without seeing it in person.

#3 10 years ago

This is probably all you need to know. My friend in NJ was considering a pin from him as well and I sent him this thread to read -

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-dealt-with-barrywnj-on-ebay

#4 10 years ago

The seller is Barry White in NJ. Google 'barrywnj' and 'barry white', and you'll see a lot of mixed reviews.

You'll want to know if the photos are of the actual game, or if they are stock photos.

I see some pretty heavy playfield wear. Don't let the LEDs distract you!

R, D, C inserts in the WORLD CUP, there's wear on a lot of the inserts.

Right return ramp has a busted mounting tab (see the washer?), left sling is broken, cab is faded heavily, the yellow is faded everywhere, wrong coin door, wrong shooter rod, and I'm finding all this stuff in a 90 second examination.

#5 10 years ago

Left ramp is definitely cracked. The jackpot sign is positioned lower than it normally is.
    Also there is a nice crack running through that sign by the red bulb.

#6 10 years ago

dude, google the sellers handle.

i have one of his machines.
    worst purchase i have ever made.

#7 10 years ago

You guys are amazing... I would never see this. Thank you! I already feel uncomfortable about trusting this deal. Would you mind giving me a quick run down on the following pics I posted in another thread I recently started? There's another local machine that has been in a home for 8 years and purchased originally from a dealer in Clifton NJ that must be "Classic Pinball". Thanks again. (I apologize for the repetitive pics on the site)

photo 9.jpgphoto 9.jpgphoto 8.jpgphoto 8.jpgphoto 7.jpgphoto 7.jpgphoto 6.jpgphoto 6.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 1.jpg

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from aveamike:

worst purchase i have ever made.

+1

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from malibumaven:

Would you mind giving me a quick run down on the following pics I posted in another thread I recently started? There's another local machine that has been in a home for 8 years and purchased originally from a dealer in Clifton NJ that must be "Classic Pinball". Thanks again. (I apologize for the repetitive pics on the site)

Like many of us said in the other thread, go get it! Otherwise you can grab it for me and ship it to California and I'll take it off your hands

#10 10 years ago

Unknown-6.jpegUnknown-6.jpegMy humble advice.... (To the first one)

#11 10 years ago

I just noticed the other one on Ebay (also located near me) and wanted your eyes/opinion on it to learn which the better deal was. TY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feedback-please-check-on-ebay-offer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.