(Topic ID: 303747)

Thoughts on Halloween and Ultraman so far?

By Vino

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Lostcause
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1CDEF88A-5BA5-4714-A39C-AF14AF172334 (resized).png
E81096CF-5F75-43D4-B52D-BF0A21C5578A (resized).jpeg
C211DA44-BF1D-4C48-9836-1E21BB859D53 (resized).png
9159CC71-878F-48CD-AAEC-41B03ED9FFED (resized).png
9FBD4F12-A152-4A42-BD73-257120C5B039 (resized).png
D2E0C735-F6C3-4D60-9914-EAD8EE2A8A4F.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I think you can not like a band and appreciate the mechanics of a music pinball game. And you can critique it and have a valid opinion if you know pinball. The man is entitled to his thoughts.
I don’t think Halloween is a game with a lot of wide appeal. It’s a sharpshooter, the scoring is something you have to watch a YouTube video to really understand. The two upper levels do obscure the playfield in a way that limits your situational awareness.
But they NAIL that feeling of dread and being hunted. Like no game I’ve ever played, it feels like a horror movie.

People said many of the same things to me about ACNC - the ball is obscured from view a lot, its a sharpshooters game etc... Well, it's all true - and I absolutely love it. It's so different from my Sterns and all the better for it. If Halloween is following a similar vein, I'm going to love it even more (because of the theme).

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the last time i played the game if you tried to hit the right side drop target off of the plunge for a skill shot and succeeded, the game had to be reset to continue playing. this was a few weeks ago
i also felt like for the amount of effort it takes to get the ball to the 2nd playfield there isn't much to do there and it just kind of led to a very deflated feeling to quckly drain out and back to the right flipper to shoot the big ramp some more, after working my way up there several times
my $.02

That is one problem with mini playfields, and making them a focal point on the game - when you make them accessible you have to give the player something do do on there. What I like about ACNC's design is that both ramp shots go to the mini playfield, and if its not currently active (in a mode etc), you can simply try and direct the ball down one of the exit wireforms to "complete" your ramp shot and go the flipper you want. I really like that.

I think in Halloween though, you can only get to the 2nd mini playfield when house mode is activated? Is it possible to get up there when you are not in any relevant mode (I don't have my machine yet I don't know)?

6 months later
#202 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, I’m less and less interested in Sterns as time goes on. Lyman and Elwin were carrying that company and only Elwin remains. They need new blood, freedom to stretch the coin purse and permission to be creative. I’m also kind of waiting for AP to pull it together on some desirable licensed themes. Spooky, in all of their weirdness just strikes a chord with me. I love horror and metal and weird wacky creative shit…and they do that. They take chances, I respect that and I want to support that. So that’s where my money is headed.

I must say, since I got ACNC, R&M and Alien (yes I know its not Spooky), I have hardly touched most of my other Stern machines. I still love my Sterns - I really do (I have DP Prem, IMDN Prem, GB Prem, ST LE, Xmen LE, BKSOR LE), but the way these other machines play is sooooo different.

But I must admit too in the same vein - my BKSOR LE I only got recently and wow, it is fantastic! Absolutely love the layout, its a bit different for a Stern. Plus the music, the speed/brutality of it and oh my gosh, the topper? Holy cow it's just absolutely INSANE.

I cannot wait for my Halloween I think it's gonna be joy overload for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feedback-on-halloween-and-ultraman-?tu=Ceemunkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.