(Topic ID: 303747)

Thoughts on Halloween and Ultraman so far?

By Vino

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Lostcause
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1CDEF88A-5BA5-4714-A39C-AF14AF172334 (resized).png
E81096CF-5F75-43D4-B52D-BF0A21C5578A (resized).jpeg
C211DA44-BF1D-4C48-9836-1E21BB859D53 (resized).png
9159CC71-878F-48CD-AAEC-41B03ED9FFED (resized).png
9FBD4F12-A152-4A42-BD73-257120C5B039 (resized).png
D2E0C735-F6C3-4D60-9914-EAD8EE2A8A4F.jpeg

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago

In certain modes they light blue to delineate them from the actual blood drop collect. It was necessary and looks good.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Haven’t updated code yet. So blood droplets are blue? Why the change?

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, I’m less and less interested in Sterns as time goes on. Lyman and Elwin were carrying that company and only Elwin remains. They need new blood, freedom to stretch the coin purse and permission to be creative. I’m also kind of waiting for AP to pull it together on some desirable licensed themes. Spooky, in all of their weirdness just strikes a chord with me. I love horror and metal and weird wacky creative shit…and they do that. They take chances, I respect that and I want to support that. So that’s where my money is headed.

I must say, since I got ACNC, R&M and Alien (yes I know its not Spooky), I have hardly touched most of my other Stern machines. I still love my Sterns - I really do (I have DP Prem, IMDN Prem, GB Prem, ST LE, Xmen LE, BKSOR LE), but the way these other machines play is sooooo different.

But I must admit too in the same vein - my BKSOR LE I only got recently and wow, it is fantastic! Absolutely love the layout, its a bit different for a Stern. Plus the music, the speed/brutality of it and oh my gosh, the topper? Holy cow it's just absolutely INSANE.

I cannot wait for my Halloween I think it's gonna be joy overload for me.

#203 1 year ago

I really like HCE and yet another huge plus is the code update was so easy even I could do it. Website update D/L to T/Drive, plug TDrive into Pin, restart & done.

Really loving this Pin & Spooky at this point!

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Next to Munsters, Rush was the quickest game to leave my location. It earned like trash and I personally did not enjoy the game. Another Stern cookie cutter cash grab as far as I’m concerned, especially considering it is literally a cookie cut copy of X-Men’s layout. Really feel like Stern took advantage of their target market with LZ Rush and Munsters. If you’re a Rush fan, I get it….but most folks are not. I am happy for ya’ll that you got your dream theme, it shoots well and has good rules. It just ain’t for me, or my location players apparently haha.
As far as Borgs go…TMNT is a mega ripper and sorely under appreciated imo. TWD is one of my all time favs. TFTC, amazing. I’m a huge Borg guy…and Rush is close to the bottom of Borgs for me.

Just goes to show how different tastes can be in pinball. I love Borg games, but hate TMNT. Although, I do love Tales from the Crypt, so we have that in common. TWD is great, but that deadly feed out of the pops, and the lack of a satisfying skill-shot, keeps it from being the best Borg game for me.

Only been 3 weeks, but our Rush is earning well. Might cool off, who knows, but I've gotten good feedback from most players that have tried it. I think Rush catches a lot of people off-guard. I wasn't a particular Rush fan, and so wasn't super interested in playing Stern's Rush. But I fell in love with it, once I played a Pro. I ordered a Premium a few days after playing a Pro for the first time.

It's just nice we have so many options these days.

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Next to Munsters, Rush was the quickest game to leave my location. It earned like trash and I personally did not enjoy the game. Another Stern cookie cutter cash grab as far as I’m concerned, especially considering it is literally a cookie cut copy of X-Men’s layout. Really feel like Stern took advantage of their target market with LZ Rush and Munsters. If you’re a Rush fan, I get it….but most folks are not. I am happy for ya’ll that you got your dream theme, it shoots well and has good rules. It just ain’t for me, or my location players apparently haha.
As far as Borgs go…TMNT is a mega ripper and sorely under appreciated imo. TWD is one of my all time favs. TFTC, amazing. I’m a huge Borg guy…and Rush is close to the bottom of Borgs for me.

Is X-Men on route anywhere these days? It was popular in its heyday but I never played it so the layout is new to me. I think Rush is a super smooth shooter. It may not last forever with me since I’m not a fan from way back of Rush’s music, but it certainly is worth a few plays on location. I enjoyed Metallica and Tron too, so maybe I’m just a Borg fan.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Next to Munsters, Rush was the quickest game to leave my location. It earned like trash and I personally did not enjoy the game. Another Stern cookie cutter cash grab as far as I’m concerned, especially considering it is literally a cookie cut copy of X-Men’s layout.

X-Men's layout has the scoop in a much different place, so not exactly cookie cutter.

I mean, it's still a trash game with some of the worst, if not THE worst voice callouts, but still...

5 months later
#207 1 year ago

Update to my evaluation of the game isn't really needed since things have actually got worse. Ball hangups in the subway system allow for infinite ball saves during a few modes. Only way I got the ball search to end was to TILT the ball out.

So yes game still has a long ways to go to change my mind. Otherwise opinion of game still stands.

#208 1 year ago

Check your optos in switch test, clear subway of debris and pitch your game to the appropriate level…if that doesn’t work install washers at the subway to increase its pitch. This will likely fix your issue, but complaining in forums will certainly not.

Quoted from GravitaR:

Update to my evaluation of the game isn't really needed since things have actually got worse. Ball hangups in the subway system allow for infinite ball saves during a few modes. Only way I got the ball search to end was to TILT the ball out.
So yes game still has a long ways to go to change my mind. Otherwise opinion of game still stands.

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Check your optos in switch test, clear subway of debris and pitch your game to the appropriate level…if that doesn’t work install washers at the subway to increase its pitch. This will likely fix your issue, but complaining in forums will certainly not.

"Certainly not"? That's absolutely not true. Public complaints got free playfields sent out for jjPotC owners after they were initially denied, once the scope of people with playfield issues became clear. So complaining about specific, unaddressed issues or chiming in that you have those issues, too, can absolutely help.

HARPING on the same issues from the same poster in repeated posts in a short period of time is a different story. That can be counter-productive. But airing out issues that remain unaddressed? Definitely can help.

#210 1 year ago

Prior issue was resolved by spooky which had the op check the under playfield divertor. It was found faulty from the factory with a few fasteners loose / missing.

Possible this issue is related.

2 months later
#211 1 year ago

Played both on location today, and both playfields had similar layouts and felt cheesy. Went back to playing Sterns.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Played both on location today, and both playfields had similar layouts

Figured that out by yourself or did someone else have to point that out for you?

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Figured that out by yourself or did someone else have to point that out for you?

Don't need pinside to tell me what game I should like. Just my observations as the thread title suggests.

#214 1 year ago

Both playfields layouts are identical, wether you like it or not is up to you. I don’t think that is being questioned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feedback-on-halloween-and-ultraman-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.