(Topic ID: 177053)

Flight 2000 resto/shop job, got it complete now.

By northerndude

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0984 (resized).JPG
IMG_0988 (resized).JPG
IMG_0982 (resized).JPG
IMG_1261 (resized).JPG
IMG_1260 (resized).JPG
IMG_0978 (resized).JPG
IMG_0978 (resized).JPG
IMG_0976 (resized).JPG
IMG_1259 (resized).JPG
IMG_0972 (resized).JPG
IMG_0918 (resized).JPG
IMG_0917 (resized).JPG
IMG_0898 (resized).JPG
IMG_0879 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_2017-01-31-11-18-08 (resized).png
Screenshot_2017-01-31-11-17-56 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago

NICE!!! Congrats!!!! This was a fun thread to read. Definitely post to the solid state tech group here if you have any trouble. Good luck with it!

4 weeks later
#41 7 years ago

I'd clean the playfield with novus 2, followed with a coat of wax and get it playing! Personally, I'd hold off on getting the pf cleared/restored until after you've decided the game's a keeper for your collection.

Just my 2 cents!

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Dodiebird:

My bro scored two tables in pretty bad shape that i want to get working and restored. One is Flight 2000 and the other is Skateball. Both were purchased for $140 but are in need of some repair. Flight 2000 just "hums" real loud and all the lights turn on when plugged in. I cant get to tbe boards as I have no key. I know i need to drill out the key hole to get to the boards but then what is my next step? I am a first timer so I am really anxious to get this table in really decent shape but it is going to obviously take a lot of work. Any help would be appreciated. Ill get pics posted asap.

I'd recommend starting a new thread in the early solid-state tech forum here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/tech-early-80s-solid-state

Best of luck with those games!

3 weeks later
#52 7 years ago

Awwwwwww yeah! Congrats, man! Let us know how it goes!

1 week later
#60 7 years ago

The game is booting up properly, as far as i can see. You wouldn't be able to get it into self-test mode if it wasn't. Have you tried adding credits? Game won't start without credits!

#78 7 years ago

Have you verified the start button switch is good? You can test it in the switch test (5 presses on the coin door diagnostic switch, you discovered it earlier in this thread). It will come up as 06 on the displays when you push it while in the switch test.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

IT WAS THE CREDIT SWITCH

Ahhhhh!!! That's great! Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Congrats!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feedback-on-flight-2000-repair-and-if-i-should-purchase?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.